Sponsored

Are the driver and passenger mirrors supposed to be different?

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely cannot stand things like this:
1668875310598.png

I am thankful that I dodged a bullet and got mid pkg which has the blind spot system so that I don't have to have those on my mirrors.

Say it with me now:

MIRRORS. DONT. NEED. THESE. IF. YOU. ADJUST. YOUR. MIRRORS. PROPERLY.
As a professional driver of three and a half decades I respectfully disagree There is no way to adjust mirrors to take the place of those spot mirrors. They can be a life saver. Why do you think large trucks have multiple spot mirrors? In fact insurance companies require trucking companies to add additional spot mirrors to be insured.
Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Keep these type of complaints coming, they are entertaining to read.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Something I haven't noticed as well as my cheap base steering wheel compared to the leather wrap in my truck.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As a professional driver of three and a half decades I respectfully disagree There is no way to adjust mirrors to take the place of those spot mirrors. They can be a life saver. Why do you think large trucks have multiple spot mirrors? In fact insurance companies require trucking companies to add additional spot mirrors to be insured.
large trucks and semis are not passenger cars.

On a semi with a 53' trailer? absolutely, they're invaluable. Especially given that there's typically no windshield mirror.

On a car/suv that's barely 18' long? if you can see the side of your car in your side view mirrors, they are absolutely adjusted improperly.

You don't have to believe me, but I think the NHTSA might know a thing or two about the matter:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nti/teen-drivers/pdf/blindzoneglaremirrormethod.pdf

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Something I haven't noticed as well as my cheap base steering wheel compared to the leather wrap in my truck.
You have a base model.

My obx has a nice leather wrapped steering wheel...

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On a semi with a 53' trailer? absolutely, they're invaluable. Especially given that there's typically no windshield mirror.

On a car/suv that's barely 18' long? if you can see the side of your car in your side view mirrors, they are absolutely adjusted improperly.

You don't have to believe me, but I think the NHTSA might know a thing or two about the matter:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nti/teen-drivers/pdf/blindzoneglaremirrormethod.pdf
Thatā€™s all well and good, as long as your inside mirror is useable. What happens when:

• Youā€™re towing a trailer?
  • You have a full load of cargo?
  • Someone is riding in the rear middle seat?
  • Your rear window is filthy?
  • You have the top folded back?
In all of these cases, the view from the inside mirror is compromised, so how does the ā€œBGEā€ method work then? I donā€™t agree with everything NHTSA has to say about driving, and this is one of them. Iā€™ll stick with the tried-and-true, which is to physically look to the side before I change lanes. As a motorcyclist, Iā€™d appreciate it if everyone else would, too, but obviously some people think having four ā€œmini blind spotsā€, as NHSTA calls them, is a good idea. F*ck that.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thatā€™s all well and good, as long as your inside mirror is useable. What happens when:

• Youā€™re towing a trailer?
  • You have a full load of cargo?
  • Someone is riding in the rear middle seat?
  • Your rear window is filthy?
  • You have the top folded back?
In all of these cases, the view from the inside mirror is compromised, so how does the ā€œBGEā€ method work then? I donā€™t agree with everything NHTSA has to say about driving, and this is one of them. Iā€™ll stick with the tried-and-true, which is to physically look to the side before I change lanes. As a motorcyclist, Iā€™d appreciate it if everyone else would, too, but obviously some people think having four ā€œmini blind spotsā€, as NHSTA calls them, is a good idea. F*ck that.
If you need to find as many edge cases as you need to to justify your opinion the matter, go for it. None of the spots you are alluding to are big enough to hide a motorcycle in.

And as I mentioned in my initial post on the matter, when towing they're useful and necessary.

Change is hard though, and you shouldn't be obligated to change your opinions on the matter just because some clown on the internet (me) starts throwing all these facty-facts around.
Sponsored