2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say no considering my fully optioned f150 doesn't have them. I'd like heated wipers before the headlights if they did something in the Bronco, but appears Ford is moving away from those too.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had similar worries when ordering my (new redesign) WRX, never had a lick of trouble with the LED headlights in winter precipitation. Actually it was better then traditional, recessed lights that would only keep a small hole through the build up when driving in the heavy stuff. I have zero worries on the Bronco

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Side mirrors are heated which is nice.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't believe that Ford has heated headlights in anything. My Raptor does not generate enough heat to keep them from icing up. On long trips in snow/sleet I have had to pull off and clean the ice from the lights. On the Bronco I am betting we will have to do the same and possible the wipers as well.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thatā€™s one long brush unless you plan on stopping every 3 minutes.
I am over 50 and live in a state that has snow half the year. I have never needed heated headlights, never even considered it. if it is so bad your headlights ice up, you wonā€™t be able to drive anyway because your windshield and wipers will also be iced up.. Brush the snow off when you start out and you will be fine.

OP
OP

loginhere

Big Bend
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Jeep did, they are bad... so i dont think it hurts to ask

but im glad to hear other drives with LED lights have had good experiences

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thatā€™s one long brush unless you plan on stopping every 3 minutes.
I have lived in Minnesota my whole life and never have had problems with snow accumulation on any vehicle Iā€™ve driven, ever. Literally just brush it off if it was parked outside overnight and youā€™re good to go.

6SpeedBowtie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Corvette, Sierra, MGB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a Land Rover I had back in the day it had a heated windshield. Definitely helped with defrosting and melting heavy snow as it came down. The biggest drawback was if the sun was at the right (or wrong?) angle, you could see the wires and it was a tiny bit distracting.
We had the heated windshield on our 2013 LR4 as well, and my wife LOVED that feature. So much she's said she'd pay big money to get the feature in the Wrangler or Bronco! Matter of fact, I think that's the feature she misses most from that vehicle.

Wrangler headlights are somewhat recessed so snow can accumulate on that off set space. The Bronco lights are not recessed. Hoping that would alleviate some of the issues.
Good point on that. I know a lot of people have mentioned issues with Snow buildup in the lights on the Wrangler, but we haven't experienced significant issues with it --- but, we are in Maryland/West Virginia.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A light Missouri snow and you can see the buildup starting. Vehicle was always garaged and this pic was taken after a 20 min drive. 99% of my outings were small, short trips into town. I can see the buildup being an issue on longer dives or with heavier snow.
BVnrcaa.jpg

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All,

LEDs do not generate enough heat to battle sleet and snow in my experience in CO on my 2003 Focus. That is why I carry a bottle of Rain-X and a rag. Does wonders.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have lived in Minnesota my whole life and never have had problems with snow accumulation on any vehicle Iā€™ve driven, ever. Literally just brush it off if it was parked outside overnight and youā€™re good to go.
Y'all don't get that "wintery mix" wet slushy snow stuff that rains from the sky and freezes when it hits surfaces? It gets kicked up in goose tails from vehicles in front of you that sticks to the front of your car like so many spit balls? It's like sticky salty mud slush... sometimes, depending on the conditions, you have to pull over to clear your windshield wipers of ice because they straight up stop working and just smear water and slush back and forth? And it sticks and coats your headlights diffusing the light and greatly diminishing their efficacy to the point where it feels like you're driving around at night with just your parking lights on?

Serious statement: I wonder if some of our snow is just wetter here in New England...

Ford Bronco are the LED headlights heated ? Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 15.11.55

Last edited:

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have never heard of this, and I just assume if it gets too hard to see, you pull over and brush the snow off of your lights.

Or if itā€™s snowing that bad just stay off the damn roads.
Sponsored