Sponsored

Are the sasquatch wheels actually forged?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford dropped "forged" from the sasquatch wheel description months ago but I noticed it's still mentioned in the code that the server spits out when snooping out the tracker page. Has anybody had the good fortune to look inside a production wheel to see if they look cast or forged and are they still made at Dicastal in China like the early ones?

{"attributes":{"werscode":"AACT5","BP2_PartDetails_Special_Package":"Includes:\n\n• 17\" Black High Gloss-Painted Forged Aluminum, Beadlock Capable Wheels\n• 4.7 Final Drive Ration with Electronic-locking Front and Rear Axle\n• High Clearance Suspension\n• High Clearance Fender Flares\n• LT315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires (35\")","BP2_PartDescriptions_Exterior_Packages":"Sasquatch™ Package","BP2_PartDescriptions_Special_Package":"Sasquatch™ Package","BP2_Pages_Exterior_Packages_Parts":"display","bp2PartImage":"2021_Ford_Bronco_J1/BP2/PARTPKG/PARTPKG_130E80EB-75A3-AAFD-0F70-A7510F70A751.jpg","description":"Sasquatch™ Package","isVisible":"true","BP2_PartDetails_Exterior_Packages":"Includes:\n\n• 17\" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum, with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels\n• 4.7 Final Drive Ratio with Electronic-locking Front and Rear Axle\n• High Clearance Suspension\n• High Clearance Fender Flares\n• LT315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires (35\")"}}
Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am also very intrigued by this. I was thinking of fighting some of the additional weight of better tires by going with forged wheels, but if SAS wheels are actually forged it probably won’t help very much.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am also very intrigued by this. I was thinking of fighting some of the additional weight of better tires by going with forged wheels, but if SAS wheels are actually forged it probably won’t help very much.
I will do some digging on the Raptor site. There is a list of forged wheels and their weights. I went from the factory 17x8.5 at 36lbs to aftermarket 17x9.5 at 22lbs. It does make a difference.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update on this? Had considered upgrading to new wheels from Sasquatch for a different look, but don't want to ditch forged wheels for cast. If the sasquatch wheels are actually cast, I wouldn't feel bad upgrading.
Sponsored