Sponsored

Are the signature lights better, or just cooler?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They all have LED head lights and changing the rears to LED’s is very simple and cost effective. The signature lighting is just that. Just means you know what it is coming at you or what you are following. Personally, I wouldn’t spend the 800.00 on that feature but that’s just me. I actually prefer the look of the standard lights that the lower levels come with.
Sponsored

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like everyone is saying, both headlights are LED. The way I understand it from pictures and previous threads...The signature LED essentially just get you the halo/start button looking DRL. Where the standard DRL is just the amber strip to the inside of the headlights on the grill. Nobody actually knows what package the LED taillights are connected to. Trim? Sig LED package? High or Lux package? ??‍♂ TBD

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The tail lights on the standard aren’t LED’s like the headlights? Dang, I didn’t realize that. I might have to make revert back to Badlands from Black Diamond then.
So you are going to pay $6K more just to get LED tail lamps?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like everyone is saying, both headlights are LED. The way I understand it from pictures and previous threads...The signature LED essentially just get you the halo/start button looking DRL. Where the standard DRL is just the amber strip to the inside of the headlights on the grill. Nobody actually knows what package the LED taillights are connected to. Trim? Sig LED package? High or Lux package? ??‍♂ TBD
Actually, we do. The most recent BN Q/A buried in the hard top/soft top b*tch session clarifies an ongoing question. The Signature Lighting option on the Big Bend includes both the headlights and taillights for $795. The B/P only renders the headlight change when selected leading to the confusion.

Ford Bronco Are the signature lights better, or just cooler? 1608386698239

Black Diamond doesn't have the option available nor does the Base. But trims above OBX include signature lighting.

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually, we do. The most recent BN Q/A buried in the hard top/soft top b*tch session clarifies an ongoing question. The Signature Lighting option on the Big Bend includes both the headlights and taillights for $795. The B/P only renders the headlight change when selected leading to the confusion.

Ford Bronco Are the signature lights better, or just cooler? 1608386698239

Black Diamond doesn't have the option available nor does the Base. But trims above OBX include signature lighting.
Nice! Thanks for the update!

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They all have LED head lights and changing the rears to LED’s is very simple and cost effective. The signature lighting is just that. Just means you know what it is coming at you or what you are following. Personally, I wouldn’t spend the 800.00 on that feature but that’s just me. I actually prefer the look of the standard lights that the lower levels come with.
The real issue I have with modern vehicle lighting is the replacement cost. The replacement cost for the adaptive HID headlights on my 2006 325i is over $1,200 MSRP each. The OE manufacturer (ZKW) price for replacements on the Web are about $750 each. The problem is if you hit something that breaks the lamp, it usually ends up totaling the vehicle after the vehicle is 5 years old and 50 to 75 thousand miles, when included as part of the insurance claim repair. Additionally, the plastic used for the aero lenses usually deteriorates over time and either has to be rejuvenated or replaced.

Being the old ass that I am, I remember when you could buy non-DOT compliant Hella glass headlamps for $45 and "upgrade" to a H4 80/100W bulb and have as effective or better lighting than most HID aero lamp systems on modern cars. I ran Hellas in my BMW E30, a quad lamp setup, it had a total of 400 watts on high beam and 160 watts on low beam. The European version of the Hellas had great light dispersion. If on a rare chance a stone broke a globe, it was 10 minutes and $45 to replace.

Last edited:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Both available headlights (signature and regular) are led and appear to be constructed the same way in regards to reflector and housing. This leads me to believe they will only differ in aesthetics (and not performance).

The taillights are different in construction, with the signature lights being led and the regular ones being incandescent. This could mean the signature taillights will likely perform better (won’t burn out, more specific wavelengths), but I don’t think anyone should be worried about the incandescent version not doing its job.
whatsa behind me dosenta matter!!!
?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s what Ford would want. ?
Yeah, I'm just going to pretend I have the rear LEDs.

Aren't they supposed to be cool because the white section makes the red section into a 'B' for "Bronco"...?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tail lights on the standard aren’t LED’s like the headlights? Dang, I didn’t realize that. I might have to make revert back to Badlands from Black Diamond then.
Here are the standard incandescent:

Ford Bronco Are the signature lights better, or just cooler? 735CCA5A-7FC0-4BDB-892A-853B22CD34C4
Sponsored