Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
the ford ones are a bit.... expensive....

Want to protect the side of my car , especially if im getting PPF
Sponsored

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I used pass points and if not cheaper than the damage from stones and sandblasting the side of the truck 🤔

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Neighbor, what Bronco are you running? Squatched? Slider/Running Boards?

Sponsored
OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I used pass points and if not cheaper than the damage from stones and sandblasting the side of the truck 🤔
how do i check my pass points? i dont think i got any

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up the Ford $50-ish front mud flaps for our non-Squatch Badland. I cut the flaps so they go around the rock rail. In-laws and a good buddy live on gravel roads/driveways and after one trip the in-laws the wife and I were like "yeah...we need something".

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up the Ford $50-ish front mud flaps for our non-Squatch Badland. I cut the flaps so they go around the rock rail. In-laws and a good buddy live on gravel roads/driveways and after one trip the in-laws the wife and I were like "yeah...we need something".
pics?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco are there any good front mudflaps yet? 20211218_153411

Ford Bronco are there any good front mudflaps yet? 20211218_153344

Ford Bronco are there any good front mudflaps yet? 20211218_153352

I made the cardboard template to do the other side. The first side I did I cut small and kept trimming and fitting until I was able to get the mounting holes lined up and have at least some gap all around the slider.

I had to trim after marking the second side with the template but a LOT less and the process was a lot faster.

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the cardboard template to do the other side. The first side I did I cut small and kept trimming and fitting until I was able to get the mounting holes lined up and have at least some gap all around the slider.

I had to trim after marking the second side with the template but a LOT less and the process was a lot faster.
Are the ends of the sliders just plastic caps/plugs or are they welded? The piece where it goes thru the flap i mean. I ask because instead of cutting the flaps i may cut the end off the rails to shorten them so it looks more OEM

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the ends of the sliders just plastic caps/plugs or are they welded? The piece where it goes thru the flap i mean. I ask because instead of cutting the flaps i may cut the end off the rails to shorten them so it looks more OEM
The ends are capped with what felt/looked like plastic pieces that are at least screwed in place as there are some screws holding them in. I would say it is probably 1/2in (did not measure) that sticks thru the flap. If you remove and cut the sliders and recap I can see that looking good but would be more work or at least IMHO harder than just cutting the plastic.

For what it is worth, I plan on getting something like the GOAT rock rails that have a little step, so these flaps may get removed and replaced when I get those. My wife (5ft 3in) and daughter (8) could use a little step but we absolutely hate running boards.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ends are capped with what felt/looked like plastic pieces that are at least screwed in place as there are some screws holding them in. I would say it is probably 1/2in (did not measure) that sticks thru the flap. If you remove and cut the sliders and recap I can see that looking good but would be more work or at least IMHO harder than just cutting the plastic.

For what it is worth, I plan on getting something like the GOAT rock rails that have a little step, so these flaps may get removed and replaced when I get those. My wife (5ft 3in) and daughter (8) could use a little step but we absolutely hate running boards.
Absolutely more work but it'll look cleaner than hacking the flaps IMO.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I posted this yesterday-
I've been looking at mud flaps for a while. With snow season, I needed something, even if temporary. They go on and off easy. This was my solution. 3" angle bracket and some stainless allen hardware and a little matte black paint. These are the cheap Ford ones. I think i got them on sale like $42 pair free shipping. They turned out rad.

JPEG image.jpeg

JPEG image 2.jpeg

JPEG image 3.jpeg

JPEG image 4.jpeg

JPEG image 5.jpeg

JPEG image 6.jpeg

IMG_9282.jpg

daveness

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Badsquatch, 2018 Sprinter 4x4, 1903 Cad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm following this. It seems like a hard (plastic) flap will get torn off on a rock while wheeling. Maybe a rubber flap would survive. Thoughts on that?
Sponsored