Sponsored

Are there any numbers on how many broncos left to build or how many have converted to 2023?

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just looking for any figures telling roughly how many more broncos Ford has on order. I’ve seen random quotes here and there with people claiming 100k left or something, but never a source.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just looking for any figures telling roughly how many more broncos Ford has on order. I’ve seen random quotes here and there with people claiming 100k left or something, but never a source.
No one really knows until Ford gets through cleaning up the existing orders. No idea how many orphaned orders or ghost dealer orders are out there. My assumption is that they will schedule out all MY23 orders at once (that might be fantasy) and then we'll know where it is. Well, except those people who overloaded the allocations at Granger.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford has not publicly said either way, so we don't know.

Our best guess (emphasis on the word guess) is that there is roughly 50,000 - 70,000 retail orders left in the system. Which translates to roughly 4-6 months of production. I would expect a good chunk of those to be canceled in the next week as the deadline for reservation orders approaches.

But ultimately we don't know. The last public numbers Ford released regarding Bronco orders was back in summer 2021.
Appreciate the reply. I didn't realize 2021 was the last time they released figures, I was thinking it's possible they mentioned it in the Q2 or Q3 earnings call, but I guess not.

I definitely have my fingers crossed a solid 20% or more of orders are 99'd and canceled next week. The rumor that February is when retail orders are being accepted again has me worried the backlog is going to get bigger before shrinking. With a recession hitting, on top of all the delays and used car prices going down, I'm sure plenty of people are letting their orders slip.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No one really knows until Ford gets through cleaning up the existing orders. No idea how many orphaned orders or ghost dealer orders are out there. My assumption is that they will schedule out all MY23 orders at once (that might be fantasy) and then we'll know where it is. Well, except those people who overloaded the allocations at Granger.
That's the hard part and maybe why they haven't said anything yet. I'm hoping Ford has a better idea on real backlog numbers after the 21st and let's us know roughly what to expect.

If Ford is truly committed to filling past orders before new retails it should be a (relatively) simple equation of 2023 converted orders/monthly production capability. I understand specific part constraints complicates this, but imo the dealer allocation formula should go out the door in favor of customer order time.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The real question is how many are stuck on ice mountain still and what are they doing to rectify that. Honestly ford should have to clear all those out before producing a new one from the factory. Those folks got thoroughly fu*ked in the ass without the common courtesy of a reach around. Playing cards, a calendar and a flag don’t go very far when you have been waiting on a vehicle for years.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has not publicly said either way, so we don't know.

Our best guess (emphasis on the word guess) is that there is roughly 50,000 - 70,000 retail orders left in the system. Which translates to roughly 4-6 months of production. I would expect a good chunk of those to be canceled in the next week as the deadline for reservation orders approaches.

But ultimately we don't know. The last public numbers Ford released regarding Bronco orders was back in summer 2021.
Dang, so maybe I’ll get my bronco by spring?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dunno, depends on component supply.

They're producing around 12,500 Broncos a month (give a take a few thousand). But just because they can produce 12,500 Broncos a month doesn't mean they can produce 12,500 4-door Wildtraks with hard tops and the High/Lux package a month.

My guess is they will try their hardest to set up production so they can produce the remaining retail orders this year... and then they'll fill in available production slots with stock orders that no one wants. 4-door Big Bend/Outer Banks, soft top, 2.3L engine... etc. I highly doubt they'll build all remaining retail orders before stock orders. Just not realistic since the majority of the remaining orders are all going to be high-trims with lots-o-options.
Well I have a wildtrak high pck with the hd mod bumper and hard top…. I really hope I don’t get pushed to my24… I’m 12th in line at my store and they have 35 allocations for the year.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I have a wildtrak high pck with the hd mod bumper and hard top…. I really hope I don’t get pushed to my24… I’m 12th in line at my store and they have 35 allocations for the year.
I'm a newer order at February 2022 with a mix of high constraints (2 door, 2,7l, mod bumper) and a low package (base bronco) so I'm at a complete loss as to when Ford will decide to build mine.

I was hoping ordering a base model with no tech would get me in before 2023, but clearly not the case seeing as I'm unscheduled.

All I know is I'm priority 10 at my dealership and they've told me I'm one of the only base 2 doors on order there, so gives me a tiny bit of hope I'm ahead of some.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a newer order at February 2022 with a mix of high constraints (2 door, 2,7l, mod bumper) and a low package (base bronco) so I'm at a complete loss as to when Ford will decide to build mine.

I was hoping ordering a base model with no tech would get me in before 2023, but clearly not the case seeing as I'm unscheduled.

All I know is I'm priority 10 at my dealership and they've told me I'm one of the only base 2 doors on order there, so gives me a tiny bit of hope I'm ahead of some.
Best of luck sir!
Sponsored