Sponsored

Are these doors finicky as hell, or am I simple?

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mustangs do the same thing. Just verify it’s closed all the way
Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something I learned from a convertible, don’t just “throw” the door closed like a normal car. Use your hand in the handle to push it closed. Or an open palm against the door and push, follow through. You have to be intentional and not just casually toss it closed. That worked for me every time, once I figured it out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can’t wait to try the bronco doors at 19 degrees like this week, let alone 0. My ram’s window is frozen as usual to the rubber strip in the door. Anyone else have one yet somewhere cold?

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your issues. I’ve had my Badlands for over 3 months and have had zero issues with doors or windows.

Sponsored

TUNGSTANG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2006 Mustang had the frame less window. Never had an issue. Owned it over 11 years. You'll get used to it.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to have to compare this to my other car. It too is a convertible with frameless windows that go down when you open the door, and go back up when you close it - and sometimes the door doesn't quite close properly if I don't give it the right amount of force. More concerning though is the shaky-window syndrome one of you mentioned when they're at 75%. My other car never does that; the windows are absolutely rock solid. So it may suit for a good comparison.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me? I tried to avoid slamming the doors given the frameless window situation. Demuro highlighted this too that the windows don’t roll up fast enough and shake when you open them

Needless to say, now being more careful with the doors, 10% of the time the doors don’t close fully. Ie they are 1/4” from being flush. When I go to hit the lock button on the FOB it doesn’t honk. Drove me crazy initially but now I know it’s because one of the doors didn’t fully close. To make matters worse if a door didn’t fully close and the car was turned off I need to turn back on the car and close the door otherwise the window won’t roll up the extra half inch to seal the seam. I’m checking to make sure the doors are closed and the windows are fully sealed when it’s the last drive of the evening.

my wife who is a typical car door slammer has been warned numerous times since I’m Leary of the glass shake situation. Now proceeding with caution, her failure rate to fully close the doors are abysmal. It feels like half the time she walks back to the bronco to retrieve something my key fob won’t lock from a distance and I need to double back to the vehicle to properly close the doors.

granted I have child locks engaged on the rears. This happens more often on the rears but still happens on the front

overall I would characterize this as finicky. But I need to to be really on top on my key fob game because I know if the horn doesn’t sound I probably have a door not fully closed and potentially a window not fully sealed.

thank god I purchased my wife a family hauler before getting the bronco (which we planned to share initially) because it just seems like it would be destroyed unless the driver paid careful attention to this (and other things).

anyone else noticing this?
I slam the doors shut like on any other car, never an issue. If that makes the windows break Ford will just have to fix the thing. But I've never had a door not close fully. I also don't open them slowly to allow for that window drop, either something will break and be fixed under warranty or things will hold up just fine, which is what I expect.
I also only get a honk if I click the lock button twice, which I usually don't do. Only noticed it because I wasn't sure if I had locked already so hit lock again. I'm glad it does not honk or ding or anything when locking/unlocking, the beep beep my old Tacoma does for locking and unlocking always bugged me. Just slam them shut, if it's an issue it will get fixed, if not it's not an issue :cool:

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, the pros outweigh the cons, but OP has valid observations from my experience 5,000 miles in.
overall I think Ford did well with the concept, especially for those of us who roll with them off a lot.
But I can say that I’ve cringed a few times after a door is slammed.
still the most fun vehicle to drive ever!

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me? I tried to avoid slamming the doors given the frameless window situation. Demuro highlighted this too that the windows don’t roll up fast enough and shake when you open them

Needless to say, now being more careful with the doors, 10% of the time the doors don’t close fully. Ie they are 1/4” from being flush. When I go to hit the lock button on the FOB it doesn’t honk. Drove me crazy initially but now I know it’s because one of the doors didn’t fully close. To make matters worse if a door didn’t fully close and the car was turned off I need to turn back on the car and close the door otherwise the window won’t roll up the extra half inch to seal the seam. I’m checking to make sure the doors are closed and the windows are fully sealed when it’s the last drive of the evening.

my wife who is a typical car door slammer has been warned numerous times since I’m Leary of the glass shake situation. Now proceeding with caution, her failure rate to fully close the doors are abysmal. It feels like half the time she walks back to the bronco to retrieve something my key fob won’t lock from a distance and I need to double back to the vehicle to properly close the doors.

granted I have child locks engaged on the rears. This happens more often on the rears but still happens on the front

overall I would characterize this as finicky. But I need to to be really on top on my key fob game because I know if the horn doesn’t sound I probably have a door not fully closed and potentially a window not fully sealed.

thank god I purchased my wife a family hauler before getting the bronco (which we planned to share initially) because it just seems like it would be destroyed unless the driver paid careful attention to this (and other things).

Make sure you have the windows calibrated correctly/programmed.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Window shake is an OPENING issue, not closing. Carefully open the door, slam that sucka closed like you would any other door 😅

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I slam the doors shut like on any other car, never an issue. If that makes the windows break Ford will just have to fix the thing. But I've never had a door not close fully. I also don't open them slowly to allow for that window drop, either something will break and be fixed under warranty or things will hold up just fine, which is what I expect.
I also only get a honk if I click the lock button twice, which I usually don't do. Only noticed it because I wasn't sure if I had locked already so hit lock again. I'm glad it does not honk or ding or anything when locking/unlocking, the beep beep my old Tacoma does for locking and unlocking always bugged me. Just slam them shut, if it's an issue it will get fixed, if not it's not an issue :cool:
This.

I just open and shut the doors my man, you can too.

These doors are meant to be open, shut, taken off, on, stored at all angles, driven off road in rough, unforgiving conditions. Your wife won't break them.

So, my advice to you ,and others, just open and shut the doors like a normal person. This will simplify life for you.

Last edited:

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have over 3k miles on my bronco and I'm waiting for day when my windows shatter and it won't be from closing them with some force. It will be from having them a quarter down and I go over a pothole. The vibration through the windows is scary

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a couple Mustang convertibles with frameless windows, you get used to it. My last couple cars were Lincoln’s. For whatever reason, they are hard to open and close. I’ve always thought Lincoln designed them that way, so they felt solid. To me, they’ve been annoying. Can’t wait for my frameless door Bronco!
Sponsored