Sponsored

Are these doors finicky as hell, or am I simple?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it just me? I tried to avoid slamming the doors given the frameless window situation. Demuro highlighted this too that the windows don’t roll up fast enough and shake when you open them

Needless to say, now being more careful with the doors, 10% of the time the doors don’t close fully. Ie they are 1/4” from being flush. When I go to hit the lock button on the FOB it doesn’t honk. Drove me crazy initially but now I know it’s because one of the doors didn’t fully close. To make matters worse if a door didn’t fully close and the car was turned off I need to turn back on the car and close the door otherwise the window won’t roll up the extra half inch to seal the seam. I’m checking to make sure the doors are closed and the windows are fully sealed when it’s the last drive of the evening.

my wife who is a typical car door slammer has been warned numerous times since I’m Leary of the glass shake situation. Now proceeding with caution, her failure rate to fully close the doors are abysmal. It feels like half the time she walks back to the bronco to retrieve something my key fob won’t lock from a distance and I need to double back to the vehicle to properly close the doors.

granted I have child locks engaged on the rears. This happens more often on the rears but still happens on the front

overall I would characterize this as finicky. But I need to to be really on top on my key fob game because I know if the horn doesn’t sound I probably have a door not fully closed and potentially a window not fully sealed.
anyone else noticing this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it just me? I tried to avoid slamming the doors given the frameless window situation. Demuro highlighted this too that the windows don’t roll up fast enough and shake when you close them

Needless to say, now being more careful with the doors, 10% of the time the doors don’t close fully. Ie they are 1/4” from being flush. When I go to hit the lock button on the FOB it doesn’t honk. Drove me crazy initially but now I know it’s because one of the doors didn’t fully close. To make matters worse if a door didn’t fully close and the car was turned off I need to turn back on the car and close the door otherwise the window won’t roll up the extra half inch to seal the seam. I’m checking to make sure the doors are closed and the windows are fully sealed when it’s the last drive of the evening.

my wife who is a typical car door slammer has been warned numerous times since I’m Leary of the glass shake situation. Now proceeding with caution, her failure rate to fully close the doors are abysmal. It feels like half the time she walks back to the bronco to retrieve something my key fob won’t lock from a distance and I need to double back to the vehicle to properly close the doors.

granted I have child locks engaged on the rears. This happens more often on the rears but still happens on the front

overall I would characterize this as finicky. But I need to to be really on top on my key fob game because I know if the horn doesn’t sound I probably have a door not fully closed and potentially a window not fully sealed.

thank god I purchased my wife a family hauler before getting the bronco (which we planned to share initially) because it just seems like it would be destroyed unless the driver paid careful attention to this (and other things).

anyone else noticing this?
Haven’t had this issue with mine, the window does hang up when opening. As far as closing we do tend slam the doors too much. They close easily, so I’ve had to back down when closing them.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have yet to experience window shake but am always getting back out to recluse the left rear door as I am obviously not using enough closing force

As to OP's second question, this forum is wrong place to ask that, lo

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I test drove a bronco today and noticed the window was incredibly shaky and flimsy when I was opening and closing

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haven’t had this issue with mine, the window does hang up when opening. As far as closing we do tend slam the doors too much. They close easily, so I’ve had to back down when closing them.
The first week my wife slammed the hell out of the doors (which she does on every vehicle). After many warnings about the window shake situation, I’d say of the 20ish times she’s closed the doors since, upwards of 10 of those times the doors didnt fully close. Maybes she’s too light with it. As for me who is cognizant to not slam the doors but to also not close them too softly, I have a 10% failure rate. Just seems like something I always need to be cognizant of to double check. The FOB is usually the immediate reminder of failure rate since it won’t honk when you go to lock it.

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My drivers door has to closed very hard. All other doors are pretty good. The passenger door window shakes every time it opens. First year issues that will probably have TSBs for a fix later on.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There does seem to be a "happy" spot in door closing where the stars align and everything works as intended. Once I figured out I was closing them too softly, I haven't had too much trouble. I did have one fail to go back up after closing and that required a full power cycle to get it to finally close again. Kinda hokey, but not that big of a deal to me.

CHR1S

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All 4 of my doors need the extra force to close so I understand the frustration. when you used to tell everyone not to slam doors but now you actually need them to push harder than normal without actually slamming them. Definitely a learning curve on the doors for sure.

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The first week my wife slammed the hell out of the doors (which she does on every vehicle). After many warnings about the window shake situation, I’d say of the 20ish times she’s closed the doors since, upwards of 10 of those times the doors didnt fully close. Maybes she’s too light with it. As for me who is cognizant to not slam the doors but to also not close them too softly, I have a 10% failure rate. Just seems like something I always need to be cognizant of to double check. The FOB is usually the immediate reminder of failure rate since it won’t honk when you go to lock it.
Might just lubricate the hinges and latch mechanism. I prefer to use LPS 1 which penetrates good or LPS 2 which is a bit thicker. See if that helps otherwise might want to see if the dealer can adjust them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it’s just getting accustomed to it.

1. don’t open the doors too quickly or the glass shutters from the auto seal mechanism

2. don’t close the doors too quickly as well. But don’t close them too lightly either. use enough force that that it actually fully closes

+ 3. If on a highway at high speeds or uneven pavement, don’t have the windows open 25% of the way since they aren’t supported enough and shake. Sometimes the windows either need to be fully or almost fully opened, or completely closed. Otherwise there isn’t enough support to have the windows rolled up 75% of the way during certain situations

but yes. Finicky is the word. I feel like post-it notes should be left on the dash for guests

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Opening is where you want to take care as you don't want to yank the window out before it's released from the lip. When closing, it's still down an inch so you're fine. What is the issue you're running into exactly with closing? I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
has the shaky window syndrome actually caused any problems?
Not that I know of. But it doesn’t inspire confidence. Waited 14 months for this, and the window shakes going 70-80 mph+ if opened slightly to ~35%. Don’t want to find out the hard way and wait for an ungodly amount of time to replace a window, given production delays.

Definitively taking it easy on self inflicted problems given timing unknowns on replacement parts. This vehicle is still a unicorn in my book

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Opening is where you want to take care as you don't want to yank the window out before it's released from the lip. When closing, it's still down an inch so you're fine. What is the issue you're running into exactly with closing? I haven't had any problems whatsoever.
Closing the door sometimes leads to it not closing all the way and is not flush with the body. The caution taken to open the doors is not the same when it comes to closing the doors. Ie you want to take it extra easy when opening the door, but conversly give it a decent thud when closing the doors. It’s a bit of a learning curve

but as you could imagine with guest users you need to make the point clear. It’s not as simple as don’t slam the doors. It’s more like don’t quickly open the doors, but do quickly close them.
Sponsored

Last edited: