Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is interesting. So for those of us getting a BL, we can use Baja instead of Sport for aggressively getting to work on time? Too bad about the 4H being tied to that though.
Sponsored

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Too bad about the 4H being tied to that though.
I believe they said those settings were predefined starting points, but could also be manually adjusted?

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is interesting. So for those of us getting a BL, we can use Baja instead of Sport for aggressively getting to work on time? Too bad about the 4H being tied to that though.
I cant remember why but I thought there was a valid reason not to use Baja in place of Sport mode on BL. I will try to dig up the post/thread if I can find it. Something to do with Baja mode allowing for sliding in the sand and not meant for pavement, but I could be completely wrong.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking forward to using the GOAT modes, especially sand and weather. I have to switch into 4H occasionally on my road home. Weather will be great to have in Florida, especially in my county which spends all its money on pet projects and lets the roads deteriorate badly.
I'm not sure if it is you or another member that lives in Starke. If so, I think Clay County has the most unpaved roads than any other county in Florida. Some of them become impassable due to lack of drainage and mud.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t know what goat mode is worth, I do know you can get a Bronco without it. I only like eco mode around town. Smoother throttle/shift. Don’t use the others.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess you didn’t read the posts above. Ford says when you put the traction mode to rock crawl it automatically activates all the lockers. And as you know when the front locker is in, the turning ability is severely limited. I did say “can’t turn” but limited would probably have been better.

I manually activate lockers as you said above “when traction is needed”. But with the mode selector if you choose rock crawl rear is mostly fine but front I can see mostly turned off and used specifically when needed.
Pretty sure Rock Crawl Mode only automatically locks the REAR locker and NOT the front. Also disconnects the sway bar…. I’ll check it out this morning and apologize if I’m spreading incorrect information. I do not believe any GOAT mode locks the FRONT differential. It is only driver selectable.

Flip or one of the other Ford guys on here has posted a chart (from the owner’s manual?) indicating the throttle, transmission and steering response settings for each GOAT mode.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
GOAT modes- more electronics, more sensors, more things to break and expensive repair. The biggest thing is just having 4WD, a locker at least on one of the axles. Tires, tire size also makes a difference. So a base Bronco with bigger tires and lift and lockers is just as capable as a Sasquatch- to m anayway. And I so much prefer the part time 4WD transfer case rather than the "full time" one where the front driveshaft turns all of the time. I only wish my Sasquatch came with the part time transfer case. I really dislike the front driveshaft turning all the time although it is required with the GOAT modes.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GOAT modes- more electronics, more sensors, more things to break and expensive repair. The biggest thing is just having 4WD, a locker at least on one of the axles. Tires, tire size also makes a difference. So a base Bronco with bigger tires and lift and lockers is just as capable as a Sasquatch- to m anayway. And I so much prefer the part time 4WD transfer case rather than the "full time" one where the front driveshaft turns all of the time. I only wish my Sasquatch came with the part time transfer case. I really dislike the front driveshaft turning all the time although it is required with the GOAT modes.
^^ FACT.

EvilShamen

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.3L MT 4DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Wisconsin and the Weather G.O.A.T. mode is fantastic in the snow. The 4A is great to keep you moving and the reduced throttle response makes it easier to get going from a stop without slipping. I played with Mud & Ruts and Sand modes in a snowy field. Ford says Sand is the mode to use for deep snow, but Mud & Ruts disables the traction control which was awesome fun in the snow, breaking the rear end loose and fish tailing until the front wheels grab and pull you through. Man, I love this vehicle.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I off road with M.O.A.T: Mule-Only All Time. Me and my trusty wooden-wheeled wagon (covered or uncovered, natch) can go over, through and on any terrain, any time. Deep snow? We got the big wheels. Rushing water? Go mule! I like to use mountain passes on the mountain highways and byways. I get there or die, what about you?
Sponsored