Sponsored

Are they lying to me about order banks being open ?

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So a few days ago I placed an order for a bronco. Not sure how considering after I found out order banks are closed. I even called smith cairns in Yonkers and they told me it’s closed. I called city world ford back saying I’d like to cancel my order, soon after the salesman called me saying for them the banks are open depending on the trim you want, and that since they the #1 dealer in the area they get special treatment/privileges. No way that’s true right ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So a few days ago I placed an order for a bronco. Not sure how considering after I found out order banks are closed. I even called smith cairns in Yonkers and they told me it’s closed. I called city world ford back saying I’d like to cancel my order, soon after the salesman called me saying for them the banks are open, and that since they the #1 dealer
I guess it's dealers such as that, that give all dealers a bad name 😩

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My dealer said………🍻

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably shady but . . .

Apparently some dealerships are prepping a list of orders to put in as soon as the banks open.

There is a chance that dealership is doing this but it is just easier to say they "have privileges" instead of trying to explain what Ford is doing.
I would be looking for the larger connected dealerships because they still appear to have the most allocations.

Did you put down a big deposit? Might be worth it to wait and see if you get a confirmation email from Ford when the order banks open.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
News flash, car dealers lie. My rule is never ask a dealer/salesman anything. Know what you need to before you even deal with them on the transaction.

I am sure they will put in your order when the banks open and just are lying to you to keep you on their hook.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tell them you know the order bank is closed and find out if yours is in their queue to be entered when it opens. See how they react. Betting they don't react well and they'll try to polish the turd of the lie they told you, but If I were you I'd find an honest dealer who would tell me that up front. Order banks for '23's will be open for a few days at best with all the backed up orders being entered by dealers...

Most don't use the resource that is B6G. Glad you are...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"... the banks are open depending on the trim you want ..."

Technically, they aren't lying. Any dealer can place an order for dealer stock. They are indeed limited to what they can order. But if you are wanting a moar door softie lower trim, then yeah, they can order it.

If they have the allocation, Ford doesn't care if it is filled with retail customer orders or dealer stock orders.

OP
OP

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably shady but . . .

Apparently some dealerships are prepping a list of orders to put in as soon as the banks open.

There is a chance that dealership is doing this but it is just easier to say they "have privileges" instead of trying to explain what Ford is doing.
I would be looking for the larger connected dealerships because they still appear to have the most allocations.

Did you put down a big deposit? Might be worth it to wait and see if you get a confirmation email from Ford when the order banks open.
The deposit was 500 dollars. Not a lot to me. But my brother in law knows someone at another dealership nearby and they told me orders aren’t open yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"... the banks are open depending on the trim you want ..."

Technically, they aren't lying. Any dealer can place an order for dealer stock. They are indeed limited to what they can order. But if you are wanting a moar door softie lower trim, then yeah, they can order it.

If they have the allocation, Ford doesn't care if it is filled with retail customer orders or dealer stock orders.
I ordered a base with the Sasquatch package.

OP
OP

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tell them you know the order bank is closed and find out if yours is in their queue to be entered when it opens. See how they react. Betting they don't react well and they'll try to polish the turd of the lie they told you, but If I were you I'd find an honest dealer who would tell me that up front. Order banks for '23's will be open for a few days at best with all the backed up orders being entered by dealers...

Most don't use the resource that is B6G. Glad you are...
Yea I called and honest dealer my brother in law recommended me too. He told me straight up orders aren’t open yet. That they’ll give me a call when they open and offer a pre purchase agreement for peace of mind.