Sponsored

Are We Missing a Cold Weather Specific Bronco Trim?

Would you have liked to see a Cold Weather Specific Bronco?

• Total voters

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I liked when Ford did "cold weather packages"...heated seats and mirrors, heated steering wheel, block heater...
Could we also have rear fog lights and heated windshield washer nozzles and a winter "park" position for the wipers? Thx
Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There should've been three trim levels other than FE- Base, Outer Banks, and Badlands.
Base- identical
OBX- identical except leather and B&O is standard, special color
Badlands- identical except special beadlock
There shouldn't be trim levels at all. They dont retool the line or even batch like vehicles. Computers track the inventory. Trims are just there to upsell people shit they don't really want and to make it easy on the finance people with leases and resell.

Their math says it's easier to get 1 person to spend $2000 more than to get 10 people to buy $200 options. And looking at the number of people on this site that jumped up a trim/package for 1 thing (hello sway bar), they are probably right.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like Ford may have dropped the ball on an opportunity to market a cold weather 4x4 to people who actually head to the mountains or live where it is cold and/or snows.

I was thinking a mid range package that has the basic 4x4 GOAT modes, vinyl flooring, heated mirrors, cloth seats (upgrade-able to vinyl only), seat warmers for all 4 seats, heated steering wheel, roof racks, block heater, (maybe some de-icers) fog lights and a minimal electronics package with the longer range remote start.

I think a lot of us cold weather people would have purchased something like this. We can't all afford the lux package and many of us don't like dealing with failing electronics or blocked up cameras due to cold temps and sticky snow. I think the skiers/snowboarders/sledders would have purchased this in a heartbeat.

Canada, Alaska, Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Lake States, and Colorado...what are your thoughts? Would you pay mid-high package prices for this?
I think there should be a la cart options that would allow us to actually build our vehicles the way we want but it will never happen. I personally dont like heated seats but my wife loves them. I like the heated steering wheel but have to go with a hi or lux package to get it. Remote start is great to heat it up prior and a block heater is great. Just seems like you cant get what you want without a bunch of stuff you dont want or care about.🤷🏼‍♂️

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't even get a good amount of base Bronco delivered, why would I be already worried about adding more packages to only further delay builds?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like Ford may have dropped the ball on an opportunity to market a cold weather 4x4 to people who actually head to the mountains or live where it is cold and/or snows.

I was thinking a mid range package that has the basic 4x4 GOAT modes, vinyl flooring, heated mirrors, cloth seats (upgrade-able to vinyl only), seat warmers for all 4 seats, heated steering wheel, roof racks, block heater, (maybe some de-icers) fog lights and a minimal electronics package with the longer range remote start.

I think a lot of us cold weather people would have purchased something like this. We can't all afford the lux package and many of us don't like dealing with failing electronics or blocked up cameras due to cold temps and sticky snow. I think the skiers/snowboarders/sledders would have purchased this in a heartbeat.

Canada, Alaska, Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Lake States, and Colorado...what are your thoughts? Would you pay mid-high package prices for this?
I was thinking about this the other day….Should be called the “Yeti” Package or trim….Maybe a limited slip rear differential instead of lockers.Limited slip
Is much better for ice and snow 😁

Sponsored

Blood_and_Mud

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I specifically got a black diamond because of the cold weather features.
Heated seats.
Snow rated 32” tires.
Wash out floor for snow and ice on boots.
Everything else like heated steering wheel etc etc is for city folk
^this. We never had any of the **** the OP described in our vehicles on our farm, and we use those rigs in temps wayyyy below freezing all the time. Heated steering wheel? That’s what gloves are for!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there should be a la cart options that would allow us to actually build our vehicles the way we want but it will never happen. I personally dont like heated seats but my wife loves them. I like the heated steering wheel but have to go with a hi or lux package to get it. Remote start is great to heat it up prior and a block heater is great. Just seems like you cant get what you want without a bunch of stuff you dont want or care about.🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah, we had that for the first 80 years of making cars, then the manufacturers realized there was a huge cost in providing all the options and combinations (and most people got the same combinations for the most part) So they went to option bundling to lower their costs. Could they do it today with computers running the show? Maybe... still would need people to scan/verify everything, would add some cost I am sure, but with the integration of computers into everything and the need to stay with older/slower more robust chips for a vehicle's environment, there is probably an upper limit to customization combinations.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The heated wheel was our primary reason for going Lux. I did order the block heater. Heated mirrors would have been nice.

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I voted "yes", but it is not a trim I am looking for. FORD, JUST MAKE A COLD WEATHER PACKAGE THAT CAN BE ADDED TO ALL TRIMS! It also blows my mind that I cannot have heated seats with a manual transmission unless I bump up to a Badlands. Some of these packaging tactics Ford used are very frustrating!

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just psyched for the combination of an automatic transfer case + manual transmission + 'severe snow service'-rated tires. Except maybe for a couple years with the FJ Cruiser, I don't think that combo has ever been offered in another 4x4 before.

The addition of mechanical rear LSD is the only thing that could improve on that combo, but overall, the automatic transfer case is more important for snow. It sucks having to manually switch between 2H->4H->2H every time you go through a patch of packed snow.

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, but notice that they made different trim levels for different outdoor activities and the desert vehicles didn't come with cooling seats or backseat a/c and the cold weather type packages didn't get rear heated seats or heated steering wheels. Basically, things that would make sense for different trims were not implemented in a way that would be attractive to people interested in the those activities. What was the point of the trims at this point since none of them really fit the needs of everyone buying one. The trims all seem arbitrary.
I am with you, I am fine with what I ordered, but for the money a cold weather package including a heated wheel with the stabilizer disconnect and sasquatch in a high package would have been fair.
Aside from the names, nothing about their marketing indicated what you claim.

The Black Diamond is described as an “adventure off roading” vehicle. It’s basically a Badlands-light. Even when you go to build and price, it shows the vehicle in an arid mountain setting, not in snow.

The Outer Banks is described as a “high tech” vehicle. Nothing to do with the Outer Banks.

It’s like they took the Badlands and split it into 2 mid-level vehicles and then named them arbitrary things. One went with tech features and one went with off-roading features.

I agree that the trims should have adopted features and packages that related to their naming, but it wasn’t marketed as such. The naming is arbitrary.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Voted yes but don't think it needs its own trim. IMO, what they really needed was to simply ass a true cold weather package available on all trims
Cold weather package. Available on nearly every model from all the major manufacturers for decades. It's about as obvious as not putting the camera behind the winch, and somehow they missed both on the Bronco.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have liked a cold weather package(lets be honest, I would have probably saved $10k not going badlands and instead BD) , but there is a reason they paywall specific features, especially during the initial years. The almighty $.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco I ordered does check all those boxes, except I opted out of the engine bloa k heater. 23 years in MH, and I have never needed one.

Also, OP did say "we can't all afford the lux package." Most here are probably to ypung to remember, but the Yugo was branded as a car everyone could afford. If the requirement is that everyone, or even most people, cam afford it, the vehicle you get will not be the vehicle you want.
I think your M and N buttons are switched ;)

OffRoader90

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Impala FLEET BABY!!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The garage door opener and the heated steering wheel are nice perks. With the high package, its a nicer compromise. I didn't feel like forking more money over for those items with the lux (yes some other features I am missing). I do agree, on the second new gen, hvac ductwork needs to be improved for the rear passengers, option for ventilated seats for front (heated for rear). My wife Tiguan has the ventilated seats, which are incredible. My last improvement point would be the crotch vent, some 80's/90's car had them, and I think it would be a nice addition to keep the parts cool/warm.
Sponsored