Sponsored

Are We Missing a Cold Weather Specific Bronco Trim?

Would you have liked to see a Cold Weather Specific Bronco?

• Total voters

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like Ford may have dropped the ball on an opportunity to market a cold weather 4x4 to people who actually head to the mountains or live where it is cold and/or snows.

I was thinking a mid range package that has the basic 4x4 GOAT modes, vinyl flooring, heated mirrors, cloth seats (upgrade-able to vinyl only), seat warmers for all 4 seats, heated steering wheel, roof racks, block heater, (maybe some de-icers) fog lights and a minimal electronics package with the longer range remote start.

I think a lot of us cold weather people would have purchased something like this. We can't all afford the lux package and many of us don't like dealing with failing electronics or blocked up cameras due to cold temps and sticky snow. I think the skiers/snowboarders/sledders would have purchased this in a heartbeat.

Canada, Alaska, Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Lake States, and Colorado...what are your thoughts? Would you pay mid-high package prices for this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda think it's what the Black Diamond should've been
Yeah, they have other more useless packages that could have been dropped for a cold weather rig IMHO.

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So...2022 Badlands, with standard front bumper, Lux, engine block heater, and roof rack. Just add rear seat ass warmers, after market.
Right. How affordable is that you think for most Americans? I am asking because I don't know. I can speak for Montana and the Dakotas, that most of us don't have the ability to buy a higher end bronco just to get the lux.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda think it's what the Black Diamond should've been
Yep, that is what probably about 90% of people were expecting when the trim names were first released before any details. Would have made sense.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well, given that the only option is essentially a soft top right now, probably not really in the cards.
Which is why I didn't switch to soft top. So, good freaking point.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right. How affordable is that you think for most Americans? I am asking because I don't know. I can speak for Montana and the Dakotas, that most of us don't have the ability to buy a higher end bronco just to get the lux.
The OP didn't address whether or not "most Americans" should be able to afford it. As far as that goes, can "most Americans" afford the base with nothing added? The fact is Ford does provide almost everything OP asked for, if the buyer is willing to make the purchase.

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, that is what probably about 90% of people were expecting when the trim names were first released before any details. Would have made sense.
Black Diamond is in King County, Washington. It was a mining town but not really known for being a cold place or a place to play.

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OP didn't address whether or not "most Americans" should be able to afford it. As far as that goes, can "most Americans" afford the base with nothing added? The fact is Ford does provide almost everything OP asked for, if the buyer is willing to make the purchase.
True. I guess what I mean is, people would be more likely to bite on a Bronco if it checked more boxes.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A cold weather package would've been cool. Honestly the idea of the Bronco is not suited to the typical mass produced marketing strategies that rely on packages engineered to make you pay for stuff you don't want to get the things you do. That's why we have two or three Bronco trims that really could've been packages instead, and why to get a garage door opener you have to buy a wireless charger and a 3 year navigation subscription.
Sponsored