Sponsored

Are We Missing a Cold Weather Specific Bronco Trim?

Would you have liked to see a Cold Weather Specific Bronco?

• Total voters

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it should at least have heated seats front and back and heated steering wheel. Then it should have headlight washers. Then better all weather floor mats and you need a hard top. I don't need engine block heater. Maybe a deal with Canadian Goose Co for Bronco winter jackets...:LOL:
Ford Bronco Are We Missing a Cold Weather Specific Bronco Trim? 1636382878726
Sponsored

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, but I'm only interested if it is called the "Arctic Assault Package" and has white camo seats and the marketing relies heavy on the phrase "snow job".

Because it's one more cool version of a vehicle few of us have even seen.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes. Quite perturbed that we could not get heated seats AND heated stearing wheel.
That's some special packaging bullshit Ford is doing now. I had a 2017 Explorer XLT, cloth seats, and I got the factory heated steering wheel a $175 option. Now on the Bronco you have to buy up to the Lux package; and on the F-150 you have to go to the highest package on the Lariat or the Tremor.
F*ck you, Ford, I'll buy gloves.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The heated wheel was our primary reason for going Lux. I did order the block heater. Heated mirrors would have been nice.
Same with me. I guess I've become soft with age. Our first and only vehicle to ever have a heated steering wheel is our 2018 Range Rover and we love it when the temps dip below 0º F, which unfortunately is soon.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same with me. I guess I've become soft with age. Our first and only vehicle to ever have a heated steering wheel is our 2018 Range Rover and we love it when the temps dip below 0º F, which unfortunately is soon.
Not soft with age, smarter. lol. We now have the means to be comfortable, so why not.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like Ford may have dropped the ball on an opportunity to market a cold weather 4x4 to people who actually head to the mountains or live where it is cold and/or snows.

I was thinking a mid range package that has the basic 4x4 GOAT modes, vinyl flooring, heated mirrors, cloth seats (upgrade-able to vinyl only), seat warmers for all 4 seats, heated steering wheel, roof racks, block heater, (maybe some de-icers) fog lights and a minimal electronics package with the longer range remote start.

I think a lot of us cold weather people would have purchased something like this. We can't all afford the lux package and many of us don't like dealing with failing electronics or blocked up cameras due to cold temps and sticky snow. I think the skiers/snowboarders/sledders would have purchased this in a heartbeat.

Canada, Alaska, Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Lake States, and Colorado...what are your thoughts? Would you pay mid-high package prices for this?
I ordered mine with the LUX as I can afford it. I get your point of having these options available without the rest of the LUX package that you don't want. Not sure how much cheaper they would be though.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't have what I wanted, which was the leather seats (and rear seat cupholders!) with the washout flooring. Where I am, many ski area parking lots are snowy at best, out-and-out mud fests at their worst. Sidewalks, parking lots and driveways aren't always much better. You can't step onto a carpeted floor without killing it, while the rest of you might be perfectly fine on leather.

But no, the package design person at Ford knew better than me, so I either get wash-out floors or leather seats, but not both. so now I've been researching cupholders I can mount on the backs of headrests or in the crack between seats so that my kids can use them on longer trips.

The rest of the stuff: heated steering wheel, heated seats, etc. I got because I also wanted some of the safety features that come only with the lux package. I can understand wanting the heat with fewer frills, though.

Sponsored

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think heated steering wheel should’ve came in the same package as heated seats for sure. I went with the high package and I’m sure I’m going to be wishing I had the lux package as soon as the snow starts flying just because of the heated steering wheel alone. The other lux package stuff was meh to me. But I really wish I had the heated steering wheel. I used it constantly in my explore

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aside from the names, nothing about their marketing indicated what you claim.

The Black Diamond is described as an “adventure off roading” vehicle. It’s basically a Badlands-light. Even when you go to build and price, it shows the vehicle in an arid mountain setting, not in snow.

The Outer Banks is described as a “high tech” vehicle. Nothing to do with the Outer Banks.

It’s like they took the Badlands and split it into 2 mid-level vehicles and then named them arbitrary things. One went with tech features and one went with off-roading features.

I agree that the trims should have adopted features and packages that related to their naming, but it wasn’t marketed as such. The naming is arbitrary.
I didn't make the claims you refuted.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let’s see: Median household income $62,000. (Bls.gov)
Assuming fed and state of 15%, leaves approx $53,000 (irs)
Financial Experts (google) say 10% for car payments so $5,300/yr (440/ mo)
How much can I afford calculator (carvana). $440/mo with average credit (630) over 72 months with $500 down = $24,276

So no the average household (assuming mean and median are close-3 min was my max time investment in this answer)
can not afford any bronco.
But it would seem an average household could afford the ADM if you financed it over 6 years.....so that’s something.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they need to build a dependable hard top first. Without it, you're gonna be cold.
Sponsored