Sponsored

Are we over thinking what waiting until 2022 means?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who knows when the actual MY will run. It could be completely off schedule from other models. There were a few years that Jeep didn't start production for the next MY Wrangler until October or November. Other Jeep models for the next MY were already appearing on lots in August.

And TBH when they say production could run into 2022, I take that as the actual year. Not the model year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who knows when the actual MY will run. It could be completely off schedule from other models. There were a few years that Jeep didn't start production for the next MY Wrangler until October or November. Other Jeep models for the next MY were already appearing on lots in August.

And TBH when they say production could run into 2022, I take that as the actual year. Not the model year.
what dose MY stand for? I’m hopeful Ford will not mess this up and start production as soon as they can. In general people don’t like to wait.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suspect if 75% of reservations are converted (Ford estimate), then most certainly they final deliveries will be in 2022CY. Those vehicles that are assigned a VIN number after Oct/Nov 2021 will be considered a 2022 MY. No one knows how many reservations will actually convert to orders. Most can agree that 75% is extremely optimistic and a more realistic projection should be 60%. Polling a site dedicated to enthusiasts will naturally give a higher conversion rate. But outside of the 13K members of B6G and 100 members of BN (?), the remainder of reservations will see a higher attrition rate than conversion.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what dose MY stand for? I’m hopeful Ford will not mess this up and start production as soon as they can. In general people don’t like to wait.
MY - Model Year
CY - Calendar Year

Sponsored
OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope I dont have to wait until 2022....

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one, not even Ford, knows.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With age come patience, or is it years of marriage? Either way I’m fine until delivery, gives me more time to plan modifications and more time for the aftermarket to explode with those “gotta have it” bits and pieces.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MY stands for model year

Sponsored

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You also have to remember where you are on the reservation list. Personal thought, if you reserved within the first month of the launch (July / beginning of august) you will get it 2021. After that I’m not sure, the demand seems to be really high. Overall, no one knows.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You also have to remember where you are on the reservation list. Personal thought, if you reserved within the first month of the launch (July / beginning of august) you will get it 2021. After that I’m not sure, the demand seems to be really high. Overall, no one knows.
So far, it seems like every step seems to fall behind schedule. I'm pretty sure it's been established that production starts sometime around March, which already uses up 1/4 of 21. They can only build so many per day/week and also build Ranger on the same line. Ranger sales are currently up and with new trim packages could go up even more. Ford could add another shift, but I believe the union has to approve that. Like what's said above, if you reserved late, you can pretty much count on delivery in 2022. It seems that if you signed up with certain dealers, you are agreeing to that up front.

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cheers to everyone reserving their Broncos! I am not in a situation to nab one just yet, and I personally don't want to rush in sight unseen (though I know they'll be dope).

I have been "stuck" in Sri Lanka since COVID hit, and I'm not sure when I can/will return to the US. Hopefully by Spring/Summer 2021. Don't feel too bad for me, I've been surfing and adventuring (and off-roading on my moped lol).

I really want to see how the Bronco launch goes, hear feedback from everyone, get a nice look at the colors and trims, and of course, test drive. I want to get a feel for the Squatch vs regular. Etc.

I just have a hard time picking out these options and such without really understanding and seeing them up close. My fear is getting into a situation where there's limited stock and I have to shop around in different states and won't get what I really want. But with more options coming later, I'm hopeful.

Either way, I can't wait to at least see people enjoying their Broncos and then eventually get my own in 1-3 years. Maybe even cop a used on for a bit cheaper (yeah right lol). My 2010 Mazda 3 is in decent enough shape for me to beat around in til then.
Sponsored