Sponsored

Are y’all going to try to negotiate with the dealer at ordering?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
everything in life is negotiable. I would frame the question to the dealer as to how much below invoice they are going to go. Generally speaking the first person to speak in a negotiation loses. more than the other. Get the dealer to go first (then they are locked in to that number as the highest they can go), then hit them with you were expecting them to be at invoice minus $1000 (while you can still transfer to a Granger or Stevens or wherever), then tell the dealer, to save the hassle and expense of travel, you would agree $650 under invoice, or whatever you want to argue. If they won't budge and you are going to switch dealers, you politely tell them you are sad that an agreement could not be reached and thank them for their time, but you are going to call Ford right now and swap dealers. After you hang up, they may call you back almost immediately and meet you halfway, tell them you to move down a little more and you will accept. Failing that call, transfer to another dealer (you need to have called to other dealers and gotten them to offer a deal if you transfer a reservation, if it is an early one, they will be more receptive). Don't forget the first number you give will be the lowest you can go, be somewhat unreasonable on that number or you will leave money on the table.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

everything in life is negotiable. I would frame the question to the dealer as to how much below invoice they are going to go. Generally speaking the first person to speak in a negotiation loses. more than the other. Get the dealer to go first (then they are locked in to that number as the highest they can go), then hit them with you were expecting them to be at invoice minus $1000 (while you can still transfer to a Granger or Stevens or wherever), then tell the dealer, to save the hassle and expense of travel, you would agree $650 under invoice, or whatever you want to argue. If they won't budge and you are going to switch dealers, you politely tell them you are sad that an agreement could not be reached and thank them for their time, but you are going to call Ford right now and swap dealers. After you hang up, they may call you back almost immediately and meet you halfway, tell them you to move down a little more and you will accept. Failing that call, transfer to another dealer (you need to have called to other dealers and gotten them to offer a deal if you transfer a reservation, if it is an early one, they will be more receptive). Don't forget the first number you give will be the lowest you can go, be somewhat unreasonable on that number or you will leave money on the table.
Just be careful. I wouldn't tell them I'm switching dealers...until I do. Now that we know they can convert your order anyway, an unscrupulous dealer might just stick you when you walk away.

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good strategy!

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully you didn't miss my post where I answered all the questions you asked. :cool:
Hi I did, much appreciate it. Great information and thanks

Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are y’all going to try to negotiate with the dealer at ordering?

Thanks
At ordering? Man, we negotiated pricing before we chose our dealer.

Most of us (the smart ones anyway :)) are paying thousands of dollars below MSRP.

It is not too late. If your dealer starts to talk about a mark-up or even MSRP, start looking for a new dealer.

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At ordering? Man, we negotiated pricing before we chose our dealer.

Most of us (the smart ones anyway :)) are paying thousands of dollars below MSRP.

It is not too late. If your dealer starts to talk about a mark-up or even MSRP, start looking for a new dealer.
Thanks, lets see what discounts I can get off them..... or perhaps extended warranty if no discount is available. I can see them saying, its new product.... no discount!

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

last I saw most of the "group" dealership deals floating around here are still offering invoice or say 1000 under invoice for orders even if they are hold overs for MY22.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t be a dick
I'm not being a dick. We aren't his personal research service. To come on here and his first post is #9 questions???

You wanna answer these for the next 2 months be my guest but to let people think that's good etiquette??? NOPE

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really the only things that should be left to negotiate when delivery comes is 1) trade in value if trading in at all and 2) financing if you don't secure outside. Only because it's impossible to give those out months in advance. Everything else should be firm numbers.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly curious...people negotiate to get $500 off of a $60,000 car?

Yeah, I get $500 is $500, but at that point it’s crumbs. The equivalent of trying to get a $500,000 house for $495,833

?‍♂
Sponsored