Sponsored

Are you getting hood struts? Which ones?

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RC should add that to the instructions. So obvious but the whole forest and trees thing. The dude that dented his hood probably would have appreciated this as well.
I have fat fingers too. Vice grips
made the install very easy.

pxl_20211225_001153811-jpg.230342.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No brainer. I have MRT struts on my Mach 1. They fit great. Owner of the company, Scott Hoag, was the ford engineer responsible for the 01 Bullitt Mustang and the 03 Mach 1. Great guy. Ive met him at Carlisle. Glad to see he's making stuff for the Bronco. Definitely a great guy to support.
Glad they worked for you! I was just turned off by the idea of undoing the hood hinge bolts to install them. I def would have gotten the hood out of alignment. Not a one-person job, in my estimation. The Redline Tuning struts didn't require that, so that's what I went with, and they work great.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I like the idea of the strut pushing on the hinge instead of the hood.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personally, I like the idea of the strut pushing on the hinge instead of the hood.
Not saying you're wrong, but why? Above the hinge, the hood is still supporting its own weight. I'd rather have the strut supporting the weight farther toward the front of the hood, like the Redline strut does. It mounts about 10" farther forward.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not saying you're wrong, but why? Above the hinge, the hood is still supporting its own weight. I'd rather have the strut supporting the weight farther toward the front of the hood, like the Redline strut does. It mounts about 10" farther forward.
Ford's design has the weight of the hood supported and pivoting on the hinge. I'd rather have the support from the strut pushing on this area that Ford designed for support.
YMMV

Sponsored
OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford's design has the weight of the hood supported and pivoting on the hinge. I'd rather have the support from the strut pushing on this area that Ford designed for support.
YMMV
Yeah, the hinge points help support the hood, along with the prop rod supporting a good deal of the weight up front. By design, the hinge mounting points were not engineered to support the entire weight of the hood without the prop rod. With no prop rod in use, I'd rather have the struts supporting farther forward.

But, there's no right or wrong answer here. Both work fine, I'm sure. I just wasn't going to risk misalignment of the hood by undoing those bolts. 🙃

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, the hinge points help support the hood, along with the prop rod supporting a good deal of the weight up front. By design, the hinge mounting points were not engineered to support the entire weight of the hood without the prop rod. With no prop rod in use, I'd rather have the struts supporting farther forward.

But, there's no right or wrong answer here. Both work fine, I'm sure. I just wasn't going to risk misalignment of the hood by undoing those bolts. 🙃
If you look at the Bronco Raptor, Ford could choose any mounting they wanted for the hood struts. The geometry they chose was almost exactly the same as our system. :unsure:

Ford Bronco Are you getting hood struts? Which ones? Braptor Hood Struts

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the rough country kit. Works great but my fat fingers really struggled with the flag nuts. I dropped one into hood but fortunately my wife is small and was able to fish it out. It was a two person install for us because it was nearly impossible to hold the flag nut flush and start the bolt without pushing it out if the way. It was a challenge, but we’re still married.

Just for that reason if the others are easier I’d buy them.
I too dropped one🤦 The second one I wrapped tape around and stuck the other end of the tape to the hood like a tape tether. This was how I got my flag nut out. I was able to open and shut the hood and listen to it rattle back towards the front then A magnet on a string.
Ford Bronco Are you getting hood struts? Which ones? 0C6EE777-E9DC-4410-80EB-3A70D1098192

Last edited:

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Redline makes a quality product, been using them on several vehicles over the years, the Bronco will get a set too, no issues in over 10 years of use.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Redline Tuning Which of the three versions do you recommend? There is a max lift version also.

Sponsored

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Redline Tuning Which of the three versions do you recommend? There is a max lift version also.
@joeramirez It's al personal preference. We offer two different lift heights for the Bronco. Our standard QuickLIFT system raises your hood to the same height as the factory Prop Rod and our Max Lift system raises the hood 8 inches higher for maximum access to the engine compartment. Both systems are available in PLUS, Carbon and ELITE versions as shown below. There is no functional difference between PLUS, Carbon and ELITE, it's only the finish of the gas spring. That being said the Max LIFT PLUS is out most popular system.

bronco-maxlift-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronco-quicklift-plus-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronco-maxlift-plus-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here:
QuickLIFT (same height as stock)
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-PLUS-p/21-11040-02.htm
MaxLift (8" higher than stock)
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-PLUS-p/21-11039-02.htm

bronco-maxlift-carbon-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT CARBON features:
* Black e-coated gas springs with real carbon fiber sleeves
* 4 year warranty
To add the Carbon option check the box show below on our website:
carbon-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-PLUS-p/21-11040-02.htm
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-PLUS-p/21-11039-02.htm

bronco-maxlift-elite-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-ELITE-p/21-11040-03.htm
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-ELITE-p/21-11039-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all Bronco systems using coupon code "Bronco6G" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 13mm socket:

Here is a video of the different gas spring finishes and the system in action:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. . We offer two different lift heights for the Bronco. Our standard QuickLIFT system raises your hood to the same height as the factory Prop Rod and our Max Lift system raises the hood 8 inches higher for maximum access to the engine compartment. Both systems are available in PLUS, Carbon and ELITE versions as shown below. There is no functional difference between PLUS, Carbon and ELITE, it's only the finish of the gas spring. That being said the Max LIFT PLUS is out most popular system . . .
. . There is a max lift version also

the RT Max LIFT struts are fantastic - easy install on my '22 Bronco
- really lift hood out of the way nicely
- & no further need for OEM hood-prop - I removed it

have RT hood struts on '90 4Runner also - perfect

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've literally looked under the hood once on my Bronco since I got it in December... Once
Struts? Nope...
LOL
lol . .

Eric, but think about your mechanic and what they deal with

these RT Max LIFT struts push the hood totally out of the way, and your mechanic doesn't have to wrangle around the hood-prop all the time

You know how it goes, you make the mechanic's job easier maybe you get better service work too
:)

UniBronc

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F550, 12 F550, 13 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with the Max lift in carbon(it looks cool...) and was so easy to install. Really like it!

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just came across a post for hood struts that reminded me that I had bookmarked an earlier post months ago about another brand. I like the idea of no-drill hood struts, and will definitely get some now that I have taken delivery of my Bronco. I had bookmarked these Redline Tuning struts a while back:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ailable-august-1st-from-redline-tuning.19033/

Today I came across this one:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mrt-2021-bronco-no-drill-hood-strut-kit.26363/

The MRT pricing is in line with the higher-priced Redline struts. These Redline Tuning struts have a 5-year warranty. Not sure what MRT's warranty is. Didn't see it on their site. Also, the lower-priced Redline struts are only $100 + $8 UPS Ground shipping, with a 4-year warranty. I'm not sure that there's a difference in the Redline Tuning struts other than the coloring, which I couldn't care less about.

I do have to admit that I like the idea of not having to undo the hood hinge bolts to install the Redline Tuning struts. I'd be afraid of never getting the hood alignment right again, but maybe it's easier than I think.

Anyway, have you seen any other hood struts, preferably no-drill, that you like? Anyone actually installed either of these or another brand?
I bought the Redline with carbon fiber, still waiting on the Bronco.
Sponsored