Sponsored

Are you getting hood struts? Which ones?

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Redline Tuning is pleased to be a sponsor on the Bronco6G forum and want to showcase our 100% Bolt-In Hood QuickLIFT system for the Bronco. Our system is the ORIGINAL Bolt-In system for the Bronco and installs in less than 10 minutes with no modification required to your vehicle or for you to un-bolt you hood to mount any brackets. We offer two different lift heights for the Bronco. Our standard QuickLIFT system raises your hood to the same height as the factory Prop Rod and our Max Lift system raises the hood 8 inches higher for maximum access to the engine compartment. Both systems are available in PLUS, Carbon and ELITE versions as shown below.

bronco-maxlift-jpg.jpg

bronco-quicklift-plus-jpg.jpg

bronco-maxlift-plus-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here:
QuickLIFT (same height as stock)
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-PLUS-p/21-11040-02.htm
MaxLift (8" higher than stock)
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-PLUS-p/21-11039-02.htm

bronco-maxlift-carbon-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT CARBON features:
* Black e-coated gas springs with real carbon fiber sleeves
* 4 year warranty
To add the Carbon option check the box show below on our website:
carbon-jpg.jpg

https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-PLUS-p/21-11040-02.htm
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-PLUS-p/21-11039-02.htm

bronco-maxlift-elite-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-ELITE-p/21-11040-03.htm
https://www.redlinetuning.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Hood-QuickLIFT-ELITE-p/21-11039-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all Bronco systems using coupon code "Bronco6G" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 13mm socket:

Here is a video of the different gas spring finishes and the system in action:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
Sponsored

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am but I have not made up my mind yet! I like the polished stainless ones that I have seen but they may be a bit to flashy for me. I added struts on my 2007 Wrangler and that made me decide that I would have them on every car I own from then on!

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I will be ordering the Hood and the Soft top struts soon after I take delivery of the Orange Bird!

bruce 1

Outer Banks
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just came across a post for hood struts that reminded me that I had bookmarked an earlier post months ago about another brand. I like the idea of no-drill hood struts, and will definitely get some now that I have taken delivery of my Bronco. I had bookmarked these Redline Tuning struts a while back:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ailable-august-1st-from-redline-tuning.19033/

Today I came across this one:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mrt-2021-bronco-no-drill-hood-strut-kit.26363/

The MRT pricing is in line with the higher-priced Redline struts. These Redline Tuning struts have a 5-year warranty. Not sure what MRT's warranty is. Didn't see it on their site. Also, the lower-priced Redline struts are only $100 + $8 UPS Ground shipping, with a 4-year warranty. I'm not sure that there's a difference in the Redline Tuning struts other than the coloring, which I couldn't care less about.

I do have to admit that I like the idea of not having to undo the hood hinge bolts to install the Redline Tuning struts. I'd be afraid of never getting the hood alignment right again, but maybe it's easier than I think.

Anyway, have you seen any other hood struts, preferably no-drill, that you like? Anyone actually installed either of these or another brand?
if your looking for hood struts try rough country or IAG both of them come with lifetime warranty if my bronco ever shows up Im going with rough country because they bolt on higher up on the hood.

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have these took less than ten minutes to install
Ford Bronco Are you getting hood struts? Which ones? IMG_7076

Ford Bronco Are you getting hood struts? Which ones? IMG_7077

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the redline high lift, quite happy with them.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No brainer. I have MRT struts on my Mach 1. They fit great. Owner of the company, Scott Hoag, was the ford engineer responsible for the 01 Bullitt Mustang and the 03 Mach 1. Great guy. Ive met him at Carlisle. Glad to see he's making stuff for the Bronco. Definitely a great guy to support.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if your looking for hood struts try rough country or IAG both of them come with lifetime warranty if my bronco ever shows up Im going with rough country because they bolt on higher up on the hood.
Yes, I ultimately went with the Redlines. No need to unbolt the hood from the hinges. Wasn't gonna mess with that.

Paughco

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Snoqualmie Valley, Washington, USA, Planet Earth
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 XLT and 2022 Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not gonna start ordering accessories until I actually get my Bronco, but one of the first things I plan to install is a set of Redline stainless steel hood struts. Do any of you folks who have already installed them have thoughts about the pros and cons of the standard length vs. the extra length (+8" hood height at the front) Redline struts?

Thank you
ATB

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picked up the @Mabett hood struts, they were easy to install and not a bad price.

Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I ultimately went with the Redlines. No need to unbolt the hood from the hinges. Wasn't gonna mess with that.
You do not touch the hinges at all with the rough country kit.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the rough country kit. Works great but my fat fingers really struggled with the flag nuts. I dropped one into hood but fortunately my wife is small and was able to fish it out. It was a two person install for us because it was nearly impossible to hold the flag nut flush and start the bolt without pushing it out if the way. It was a challenge, but we’re still married.

Just for that reason if the others are easier I’d buy them.

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the rough country kit. Works great but my fat fingers really struggled with the flag nuts. I dropped one into hood but fortunately my wife is small and was able to fish it out. It was a two person install for us because it was nearly impossible to hold the flag nut flush and start the bolt without pushing it out if the way. It was a challenge, but we’re still married.

One of the many advantages of our system is the easy installation that does require any bulky hood brackets or for you to unbolt the hood from the hinges.

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all Bronco systems using coupon code "Bronco6G" at checkout.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have fat fingers too. Vice grips
made the install very easy.

Ford Bronco Are you getting hood struts? Which ones? pxl_20211225_001153811-jpg.230342