Sponsored

Are you getting hood struts? Which ones?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Higher quality materials, and an extra year warranty (5 total). It's in the descriptions.
I guess so. Basically they are saying the regular one will break faster than the elite one so if you don't want to replace them as quickly, get the elite? I hope to not have to use mine often, so I'll eventually just get the regular ones I think. If I was someone who was always working under the hood and constantly opening and closing, it would make sense to upgrade.
Sponsored

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
getting redlines i have them currently on my 4runner

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just my opinion, but I donā€™t understand why anybody needs these. I have zero plans of keeping my hood open.
Do you plan to pay someone to perform all maintenance? If so, I can see why you feel that way.

You ever play pool in someone's basement, and the room is too small with a pole close to the table? Working in an engine bay with a prop rod is just like that. You can get the job done, but it's aggravating when you keep running into the damn thing.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you plan to pay someone to perform all maintenance? If so, I can see why you feel that way.

You ever play pool in someone's basement, and the room is too small with a pole close to the table? Working in an engine bay with a prop rod is just like that. You can get the job done, but it's aggravating when you keep running into the damn thing.
I was wondering the same thing! Do people not check their oil levels regularly, or the air filter, or add wiper fluid???
Edit: Not to mention when you're checking the fluids you should be doing a visual inspection of all hoses and belts and any other moving parts looking for any signs of abnormal wear!

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering the same thing! Do people not check their oil levels regularly, or the air filter, or add wiper fluid???
There's always that one guy . . .

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want to purchase the Redlines. I also really like the ADV fiberglass hood design. I am wondering if these hoods will come with a spot for the T-nut to mount the bracket for the strut. Anyone know if they thougth of that for their design?
Because itā€™s nice not dealing with the prop rod brain damage.

Last edited:

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the more low profile look of the MRT's, but like another poster said I think I'd prefer to not risk getting my hood out of alignment. So in conclusion, undecided, but leaning redline.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was going to get some, but then read how forceful you need to be closing the hood, so figured I would hold. I told my son yesterday we haven't even popped the hood yet...might be hamsters on a wheel powering it for all we know!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Redline

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I used to do all my own maintenance when I was broke. I just donā€™t have the time to do it anymore. Iā€™d love to save the money but it ends up costing me more than itā€™s worth to pay someone.

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just read your post, watched both videos, and then bought the redline ones as I prefer their angle of support and not having to touch the hood hinge.
I picked up my First Edition last week and was dismayed to see the prop rod. Is there some benefit to Ford's muscle-powered hood lift? I mean, my 21-year old pickup didn't even have a prop rod, and it has manual doors and windows. Why would Ford use this cheap old method on a Bronco?

If there's no good reason, I am buying the Redlines or MRT today

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my First Edition last week and was dismayed to see the prop rod. Is there some benefit to Ford's muscle-powered hood lift? I mean, my 21-year old pickup didn't even have a prop rod, and it has manual doors and windows. Why would Ford use this cheap old method on a Bronco?

If there's no good reason, I am buying the Redlines or MRT today
Cost cutting, likely. There's never a good reason to have a heavy hood that could potentially slam closed if something goes wrong.

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had redlines on my Mustang GT. Worked flawlessly. Will definitely get when or if, new Bronco shows up...
Sponsored