Sponsored

Are you going to be adding a Winch to your Bronco?

Are you going to be adding a Winch to your Bronco?

• Total voters
First Name
Anotherfinemess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche, Lexus, Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, aftermarket, one of first things I’ll add. It’s very reassuring having the hand of God at your disposal.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My broncos first drive is going to be 2000+ mile adventure with as much offroading as I can then straight to long beach to put it on a boat. So yeah the first stop I make will be harbor freight. 299.99 with a coupon for a 12,000 lb badlands winch, plus big n' lil straps, 2 shackles, and a snatch block. I hope to get out of the store under $450. Then my wife and I and maybe my sister and her wife and their jl dont have to worry about going places we've never been.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I get the base base defiantly getting an aftermarket winch. Anything higher and I will get a rear locker minimum and the winch can wait a bit.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those thinking that Ford will sell the mounting bracket separately I wouldn't put my faith in Ford.

guys that ordered their F250/F350 tremors almost a year ago are still waiting to order the winch & or brackets through their dealers. Dealers still cant see the part #s in their system. Some who ordered the winch & mounting plates at time of order have received their items but then others are still waiting and those who try to our purchase after the fact still can’t order the winch or brackets.

same thinking goes for the mod tops, I would bet that I have a better chance obtaining a mod top on my 2nd reservation through the factory than someone ordering one through the parts dept. I see late ‘22 until someone can obtain one through their parts dept.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My broncos first drive is going to be 2000+ mile adventure with as much offroading as I can then straight to long beach to put it on a boat. So yeah the first stop I make will be harbor freight. 299.99 with a coupon for a 12,000 lb badlands winch, plus big n' lil straps, 2 shackles, and a snatch block. I hope to get out of the store under $450. Then my wife and I and maybe my sister and her wife and their jl dont have to worry about going places we've never been.
And how will you be mounting that winch? Custom fabricating?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve used the one on my Wrangler twice in the last 5 years. But it made a small nuisance of what could’ve been an awful day.
"Better to have and not need ..."

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep- Warn 8274-70 old school style 70th anniversary upright sitting in a box brand new in the garage awaiting my Bronco. Of course it will require a custom bumper.
I should get one of those and mount it to Blue in 20 years when he's 70, to replace this one!

Ford Bronco Are you going to be adding a Winch to your Bronco? 1610370187821

Last edited:

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well hell ya I am, I have one on my 72 bronco and looks bad ass on it. But I want one on my new bronco for when I go ELK hunting, though I have never needed one the pull out a ELK yet because I have not bagged one for over 7 years now:cry:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I already ordered one it came to the house and gf thought it was for her jeep? her bday was in 2 days so i gave it to her ,now she want to drive around the neighborhood pulling fallen trees out of the way oh well.
Ford Bronco Are you going to be adding a Winch to your Bronco? 20201219_151012

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those thinking that Ford will sell the mounting bracket separately I wouldn't put my faith in Ford.

guys that ordered their F250/F350 tremors almost a year ago are still waiting to order the winch & or brackets through their dealers. Dealers still cant see the part #s in their system. Some who ordered the winch & mounting plates at time of order have received their items but then others are still waiting and those who try to our purchase after the fact still can’t order the winch or brackets.

same thinking goes for the mod tops, I would bet that I have a better chance obtaining a mod top on my 2nd reservation through the factory than someone ordering one through the parts dept. I see late ‘22 until someone can obtain one through their parts dept.
the Tremor and Raptor are limited production trim levels unlike the Bronco with modular bumper.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been looking at this winch:
Ford Bronco Are you going to be adding a Winch to your Bronco? 20201219_151012

https://ironman4x4america.com/ironman-4x4-9500lbs-monster-winch-with-steel-rope/

I think it would present less of an obstacle for the front camera, and it's way cheaper than the OEM solution.
Looks like a Nice winch, watertight and 3 year warranty and has synthetic rope for another $100. You can also get a WARN EVO 8 that’s waterproof, limited lifetime warranty, and has a relocatable control box for same price or WARN 10 for less than $100 more. I’m thinking warranty may be handy on these newer winches.

C56A3183-7ECA-486F-8C9E-AAE2FB9934D3.png

AB080767-148D-40C0-88F7-6EC0D60466E4.png

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One day some buddies wanted to goof around after it rained a bunch ,light trails nothing crazy lead guy gets tires all caked up with mud and slips off trail just like he was on black ice.
We had to all tie together to pull him out and got him out after some tense moments .We returned home that day looking like mud miners ,but i shudder to think what a tow truck would cost to have pulled him out or if he even could have.
I guess its like a spare tire ,might not need it for 10 years boy when you do though.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I plan on going places alone with the S/O. Better safe than sorry.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. Aftermarket. Thought about getting it factory installed but I’m worried my Bronco will be delayed six months just waiting on a late availability winch if l went that route.
Is the Winch Late Availability?

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep- Warn 8274-70 old school style 70th anniversary upright sitting in a box brand new in the garage awaiting my Bronco. Of course it will require a custom bumper.
I have a 8274 on my CJ, Love it. Pulls my Jeep like a beast and does it quickly. I just dunno If I will love they way it will block the Bronco grill. I may hold out on a winch just to see how your 8274 looks on your Bronco! Im sure it will look awesome though.
Sponsored