Sponsored

Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot?

Order custom or pick off the lot?

• Total voters

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think a lot of us were hoping for this in the GT500, but never got it :sigh:
I have a feeling that with the way FI coyotes cook cats, they figured a blower would be a bit easier on them than turbos... And packaging is quite a bit easier on a PD blower... But yes, it would be awesome.
Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a feeling that with the way FI coyotes cook cats, they figured a blower would be a bit easier on them than turbos... And packaging is quite a bit easier on a PD blower... But yes, it would be awesome.
Ahh, that makes sense. I didnā€™t realize that was a common issue tbh... most people I know that add boost donā€™t even have cats haha

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, 2 years from now my wife will have her masters in psychology, so when shes pulling 80k a year, I may get a f250 tremor and she'll get the bronco.
Or, she goes on to get a phd at $20K/yr tuition, she then convinces you that you need to release your inner miser, you trade down the Bronco for a used Corolla, and she goes out and gets a Black Label Nav.
Ford Bronco Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot? 1580496762777

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will probably have to custom order one because I want a manual 2 door, Iā€™m guessing the dealer will just load up with auto 4 doors, leaving limited choice in 2 doors. Every time Iā€™ve gone to a dealer looking for a manual, I get told ā€œyou donā€™t want that...we never even order them because they donā€™t sell, youā€™ll never sell it when you want to, etcā€.

Just wishing theyā€™d let you spec it out exactly how you want it, not having to pick packages. Would be a great thing for Ford to do to adjust to the times...order online, exactly how you want it.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will probably have to custom order one because I want a manual 2 door, Iā€™m guessing the dealer will just load up with auto 4 doors, leaving limited choice in 2 doors. Every time Iā€™ve gone to a dealer looking for a manual, I get told ā€œyou donā€™t want that...we never even order them because they donā€™t sell, youā€™ll never sell it when you want to, etcā€.
Yeah, fuck that shit. Customer's always right, so if they don't order it, they've lost out

Just wishing theyā€™d let you spec it out exactly how you want it, not having to pick packages. Would be a great thing for Ford to do to adjust to the times...order online, exactly how you want it.
It's funny, someone made a thread all about that
Ford Bronco Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot? 1580532621695

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

It kills me because I'm personally a fan of stealership cruising, but manual transmission sales are the main reason I want the industry to shift away from privately owned dealerships. They never stock manuals because its a more selective crowd and they're afraid to not sell a car, but most customers don't want to go through the hassle of custom ordering a car, so they'll settle for an auto off the lot... leading manufacturers to believe that we don't want manuals. Perhaps if the only option was a factory order, then the manual take rate would be higher

We should also make manual part of passing or failing a driver's test, but that's beside the point

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It kills me because I'm personally a fan of stealership cruising, but manual transmission sales are the main reason I want the industry to shift away from privately owned dealerships. They never stock manuals because its a more selective crowd and they're afraid to not sell a car, but most customers don't want to go through the hassle of custom ordering a car, so they'll settle for an auto off the lot... leading manufacturers to believe that we don't want manuals. Perhaps if the only option was a factory order, then the manual take rate would be higher

We should also make manual part of passing or failing a driver's test, but that's beside the point
Not gonna happen. Automatics are required for fully autonomous vehicles. The steering wheel and pedals are the next to go. Sooner than later.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More plainly I think the drivers exams should be more demanding.

Culturally the main thing people associate with drivers license acquisition and renewal here is that it is perceived as a minor inconvenience or annoyance ... when objectively the thing that most people would probably want to know is that the people they share the road with took it seriously as a personal responsibility regarding the safety of the other drivers and pedestrians. Because we're collectively lazy and lack self discipline we're willing to lower the standards for everyone so the trivial inconvenience to ourselves is minimized.

I'm no proponent of more government involvement or power, but if our standards are going to be so low for licensing I'd rather just do away with it altogether if we aren't going to take it as seriously as we do mandating a plethora of baked in automobile features. Removing humans from the equation entirely is the only way that is going to work, and that's not happening in the next several decades, so we might as well expect more from the humans for now.

If we bump a few more lazy idiots out of personal autos because they're unwilling or unable to pass a slightly more rigorous licensing procedure into mass transit or communal commuting that's probably a good thing for everyone in terms of roadway safety, environment, etc. anyway.

Perhaps being run into repeatedly (in a stationary vehicle 90% of the time) by people who can't be bothered to look where they're going has soured me.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
More plainly I think the drivers exams should be more demanding.

Culturally the main thing people associate with drivers license acquisition and renewal here is that it is perceived as a minor inconvenience or annoyance ... when objectively the thing that most people would probably want to know is that the people they share the road with took it seriously as a personal responsibility regarding the safety of the other drivers and pedestrians. Because we're collectively lazy and lack self discipline we're willing to lower the standards for everyone so the trivial inconvenience to ourselves is minimized.

I'm no proponent of more government involvement or power, but if our standards are going to be so low for licensing I'd rather just do away with it altogether if we aren't going to take it as seriously as we do mandating a plethora of baked in automobile features. Removing humans from the equation entirely is the only way that is going to work, and that's not happening in the next several decades, so we might as well expect more from the humans for now.

If we bump a few more lazy idiots out of personal autos because they're unwilling or unable to pass a slightly more rigorous licensing procedure into mass transit or communal commuting that's probably a good thing for everyone in terms of roadway safety, environment, etc. anyway.

Perhaps being run into repeatedly (in a stationary vehicle 90% of the time) by people who can't be bothered to look where they're going has soured me.
100% agree. I'm all for hands-off government, but the fact is that the government builds and owns our roads... that's why we have to pay for registration and licensing and such. That being said, that's why the government gets to make the rules of the road. That's why I can promote more rigorous driving restrictions while denying, say, gun restrictions.

But licensing definitely NEEDS to be a more involved, cohesive, and strict process. Having lived in Germany for a few years, driving there was euphoric. Everyone knows how to drive well, they're attentive, and they are always aware (they also drive manuals far more often.. coincidence? I think not). But their licensing restrictions are FAR heavier than ours here in the states. It costs THOUSANDS of euros and multiple years for all the training and certification required. Whenever I told a German that I had my license and my first car by 16, they were in disbelief. I think we need to adopt something similar in America. It probably shouldn't be as costly because driving shouldn't be out of reach for people based solely on income, but incompetent drivers need to be taken off the road

Not gonna happen. Automatics are required for fully autonomous vehicles. The steering wheel and pedals are the next to go. Sooner than later.
Promoting the existence of manuals slows the takeover of autonomy. I'd like to keep driver input alive for as long as possible

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or, she goes on to get a phd at $20K/yr tuition, she then convinces you that you need to release your inner miser, you trade down the Bronco for a used Corolla, and she goes out and gets a Black Label Nav.
Ford Bronco Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot? 1580532621695
Lol well, she works for the state, they do tuition reimbursements thankfully. We made a 5 and 10 year plan, with realistic goals and lofty ones. Gotta have something to keep you reaching right? In 5 years, our combined income will hopefully be 150-200k a year. But you never know. I could be on this forum typing from the local library, before i go home to my van.....bronco... by the river.:D:D

Sponsored

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate waiting. Always did. I had to get a Bronco Sport in 2021 because the Bronco wasnā€™t yet available. I want ordering one. It was ok. BS Outerbanks. Filled though with options I really never used. Except for heated steering wheel. Living in Maine I loved that. Then in Oct. I had an issue with it. Brought it into the dealer for service and while I was there, someone inexplicably traded in the Bronco I wanted in the first place! Base 2dr. Manual. Hardtop. Lifted with 33ā€™s.
Now I might have ordered some aux switches personally, but thatā€™s life. For me itā€™s a canvas to improve/ augment as I see fit. Iā€™m loving every minute.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate waiting. Always did. I had to get a Bronco Sport in 2021 because the Bronco wasnā€™t yet available. I want ordering one. It was ok. BS Outerbanks. Filled though with options I really never used. Except for heated steering wheel. Living in Maine I loved that. Then in Oct. I had an issue with it. Brought it into the dealer for service and while I was there, someone inexplicably traded in the Bronco I wanted in the first place! Base 2dr. Manual. Hardtop. Lifted with 33ā€™s.
Now I might have ordered some aux switches personally, but thatā€™s life. For me itā€™s a canvas to improve/ augment as I see fit. Iā€™m loving every minute.
Well you did wait 3 years to bump this threadšŸ˜€

I was an early 2020 Reservation, changed dealers, placed order for 2 door Manual Black Diamond Sasquatch and waitedā€¦.until dealer called with almost exact build that a customer backed out of so I took that ā€œoff the lotā€

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took 3 years to find the threadšŸ˜µā€šŸ’«.
Still thereā€™s a lot to do in the upgrade dept. The thing about that though is progress continues and every day thereā€™s a new aftermarket item that improves on something the factory has. Canā€™t work the price into the financing but that just gives me some pause to make sure what I want is something I can really use.