Sponsored

Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot?

Order custom or pick off the lot?

• Total voters

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is because with all the electronics on modern cars it is hard to make manual transmissions any longer. My 2016 STI is my second one and in order to get it to behave like a true manual you have to turn off the traction control putting it into track mode and then change the center DCCD to rear bias with the ECU in sport sharp mode. That is a lot of stuff to do, and my F150 diesel has a sport mode which makes it hold gears longer. I am not even sure if you can get a Corvette any longer in a 6 speed, with paddle shifting and quicker shifts out of the autos not many car makers still put them in their vehicles. I expect the new STI to have a sport matic transmission meaning auto with paddle shifting like the GT-R and NSX -- just the way the market has gone.
Sponsored

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
as in smoothest as related to what? Like the Focus RS which was a nightmare or better yet the original Raptor launch with its Atari dashboard which switched over to an actual LCD screen. Every new vehicle for Ford that has any amount of hype or fanfare has been a nightmare at launch and in model issues/ problems. I would say Ford cares less about their customers than any modern car maker today besides maybe Kia but I would imagine they care more about their customer perception.

I will add to just give you an idea, I have owned 3 Subarus in my time, they sent me a free dyson cordless vac along with a yeti cooler for various customer service issues I have had. Ford gave me a sledgehammer for which to hit myself over the head with. I have never seen a more arrogant, and narcissistic car company as Ford is. There vehicles are okay, but I think many of you Jeep owners switching over to the Ford brand (if you do) will be in for a surprise.

Last edited:

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
^@KC that is the longest customer service rant I have ever seen, and I speak from experience as before I bought my new to me STI I wanted to try and get a Focus RS. I had a Forrester at the time the XT turbo model and had a friend who worked at the local Subaru dealer. I was in for service one day and told them what I always wanted, which was a white STI particularly I wanted the 2007 but since that time was long gone and it was early 2016 they put a dealer order in for a brand new one in the spec I wanted. I waited and waited as long as I could for Ford to only postpone orders and fail to deliver on getting the Focus RS to market. I eventually drove an RS after I had purchased the STI and did not make it out of the lot. The only difference between a 10 grand focus and the 45 grand RS is a RWD unit and the 2.3 liter engine. The driving feel and position is totally different than the STI, the STI might be a sec slower but it more than makes up in the feel and drive of the vehicle. In the Focus you sit up and have no visual reference of the hood it feels like a FWD car, with the STI it has a boxer motor and thus sits lower in the engine bay you sit down and can see the hood more like a mid engine or rwd vehicle. I am not even going to talk to about vehicle dynamics as an actual Torsen LSD front and rear is much greater than a RDU the RS stole from the Evoque.

On to the other comments, Subaru did not buy anything they had a promotion on customer service and offered it to me. The Yeti cooler is the result of a thin front windshield which from Subaru is a grand to replace. I replaced it with a quality aftermarket one and they were actually going to replace it with the grand Subaru one free of charge. For my trouble they sent me a yeti hopper cooler. I did not ask them to it but they offered, So, while I have owned many Subarus with anywhere from 50-100 thousand miles of trouble free ownership the F150s I have owned have not been so fortunate. The Raptor I owned needed to get the sunroof fixed, and the heat vent eventually went out, all were big time fixes. I still have an F150 as I feel that they make the best trucks. My wife's Mazda CX5 also has 60 thousand trouble free miles on it. I agree to some extent that domestic quality has improved over the years, and Subaru gets a bad rap from people who modify the engines in order to get more HP which results in issues. I am not talking about that but the ownership experience from Honda, Subaru, and even Audi is vastly superior to Ford. The are premium brands that stand behind their products, Ford is more rigid in time frames and will not honor out of date purchase promotions nor will they offer to fix out of warranty vehicles or extend warranty coverage because of issues.

I love F150s but Ford really needs to work on their overall customer experience and their dealer network. I am happy that you help your customers and appreciate them. My friend just bought the local Ford dealer one town over and I am sure they will take care of most issues I have but I also bought the 100 thousand mile extended warranty on my F150 with the 100 dollar deductible. I just feel that without seeking legal action Ford will not budge on most issues and even blame their customers for it. Your post about firing customers and not resolving issues seems to validate that.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait till you hear the 2.7 EcoBoost with a muffler swap, or go back and listen to the BroncoR. Absolutely horrible.
But if the Bronco gets the Coyote, I’d love to talk to you about ordering one!! I appreciate your comments and what others have said about purchasing from you.

Sponsored

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does it sound like a pissed off bumblebee?

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes because the 3.5 liter sounds so much better than the 6.2 liter, in the Raptor.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes because the 3.5 liter sounds so much better than the 6.2 liter, in the Raptor.
Blame Fords marketing team for that one, the 3.5 can sound great if you build it for what it is, a high HP twin turbo V6.
Ford tried to make it appear to sound like a V8 and off the shelf after market exhaust companies only replace after the secondary cats which only exacerbate the horrible sounds.
Ken Blocks raptor sounds cool because it sounds like what it is and not a V6 with cherry bombs on it.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

:giggle: I would say the same thing if I were selling them :giggle: