Sponsored

Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot?

Order custom or pick off the lot?

• Total voters

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
True guess that is why I have an STI, doubt it runs to 60 under 5 seconds nor does it top out at 160 mph.
Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True guess that is why I have an STI, doubt it runs to 60 under 5 seconds nor does it top out at 160 mph.
You can get a Raptor damn close to that(with tuning and bolt on's) maybe even down to mid 4s quick enough that in a street race tenths of a second go out the window.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. I'm not 100% sure I'm buying one yet. Need the deets first.
2. If there's a Raptor or equivalent version, it will make the choice much easier.
3. Whether I order or buy from the lot depends 100% on availability. If each dealer gets one or two a month for the first 6 months, I'll probably just go buy something else because intentional scarcity in today's age pisses me off lol. If there is inventory slamming out everywhere and cars.com/autotrader/etc is showing them...I'll hop on a plane to wherever and go get one for a decent price.

Also...I think it's funny how people keep saying 40k. :D

WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE LOLOLOLOL

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. I'm not 100% sure I'm buying one yet. Need the deets first.
2. If there's a Raptor or equivalent version, it will make the choice much easier.
3. Whether I order or buy from the lot depends 100% on availability. If each dealer gets one or two a month for the first 6 months, I'll probably just go buy something else because intentional scarcity in today's age pisses me off lol. If there is inventory slamming out everywhere and cars.com/autotrader/etc is showing them...I'll hop on a plane to wherever and go get one for a decent price.

Also...I think it's funny how people keep saying 40k. :D

WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE LOLOLOLOL
Intentional scarcity? IF this machine is as good as some people wager, any shortage of inventory will be solely a function of demand. How many dealers are there? How many can the line pump out per day? How fast can they get to the dealers? How many people are going to be waiting with cash on day 1?

IF they turn out to be as wildly popular as I hope they will, Ford will not be able to satisfy demand for some time - and it won't be "intentional". Ford will want to recoup their fairly significant investment sooner rather than later, so I doubt they'll be trickling them out below capacity for any reason under their own control. Supply chain, production line, quality, storage, or transportation issues would be the only reasons not to work toward balancing their books as quickly as possible.

I agree on the $40k figure illusion - I think it will match Jeep fairly closely on price point at each trim level... meaning a $50-$55k truck well outfitted.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Intentional scarcity? IF this machine is as good as some people wager, any shortage of inventory will be solely a function of demand. How many dealers are there? How many can the line pump out per day? How fast can they get to the dealers? How many people are going to be waiting with cash on day 1?

IF they turn out to be as wildly popular as I hope they will, Ford will not be able to satisfy demand for some time - and it won't be "intentional". Ford will want to recoup their fairly significant investment sooner rather than later, so I doubt they'll be trickling them out below capacity for any reason under their own control. Supply chain, production line, quality, storage, or transportation issues would be the only reasons not to work toward balancing their books as quickly as possible.

I agree on the $40k figure illusion - I think it will match Jeep fairly closely on price point at each trim level... meaning a $50-$55k truck well outfitted.
a fully kitted 2dr Rubi is only 45k or so.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

All kinds of manufacturers do it. Though I'm really talking about other areas of goods, automotive manufacturers generally don't do it. But it exists.

When I was truck shopping around 2012-2013, I was looking hard at 4Runners (as I am again), but the only one that fit my checklist was the Trail. There were basically ZERO of them in the Gulf States region for months at a time despite there being high demand for them and no reason at all for them to be scarce. Toyota, until recently, has done the same (although not nearly as bad) with the TRD Pros. I'd have bought a 4Runner Trail at MSRP the day it showed up...But it didn't for months. So I bought a Tundra (Tacoma is impossible to do with two rear facing car seats).

Ford doesn't seem to follow this with things like the Raptor, they're EVERYWHERE. Which is good. I don't know a ton about Ford though, I've never owned one.

Also...I'm specifically talking about a Raptor or Raptor-like trim level. Not the bare bones ones or the "Limited" type trims. If they put out 11,000,000 of them a day and only 11 Raptor Broncos a week, I'm out. I've had it on too many different niche vehicles in the past that I lusted after. I'm not having that kind of fight again. Nah. If I can hop on the internet and find what I want in 5 minutes and either go buy it or hop on a plane...I'm game.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
a fully kitted 2dr Rubi is only 45k or so.
4 Door fully kitted with a diesel is well over 60k. Mid-trims are mid-50's all day. But Jeep also throws a lot of money on the hoods from time to time, so eh. Many others here could tell more accurately what they actually sell for. My Wrangler is 25 years old and cost much less than half of that new LOL

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be willing to bet Ford will ramp up Ranger production prior to the launch of the Bronco, just to get trained hands etc into the routine, then switch over to mostly/exclusively Broncos for a few weeks. So based just on current Ranger numbers, you're looking at 7k+/month shifting to Broncos. Maybe by then they'll have a night/weekend shift too. I don't see most trims being limited in any way, but the first wave will probably be largely cookie cutter builds.

And yeah, $40k is base model range. I'm expecting most of them to be around $50-55k with a selection of popular options.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
And yeah, $40k is base model range. I'm expecting most of them to be around $50-55k with a selection of popular options.
Darn, 40k base model? I sure hope not. Recently pricing a base JLU (4 door) stick shift and hardtop, it was low 30s. (And that in my opinion is overpriced.)

Hoping Ford offers lower cost base models like Jeep. Then to pad their bottom line, offer lots of options for the big spenders wanting the enhancments and trinkets.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rumor is the base will be expensive than wrangle but the optioned versions will be cheaper. Good news for me I’m loading that sucker up

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Darn, 40k base model? I sure hope not. Recently pricing a base JLU (4 door) stick shift and hardtop, it was low 30s. (And that in my opinion is overpriced.)

Hoping Ford offers lower cost base models like Jeep. Then to pad their bottom line, offer lots of options for the big spenders wanting the enhancments and trinkets.
My friend over there said that Ford is just not going to compete with the Sport wrangler, the Bronco “‘66 Edition” (rumored base model) will have power locks, power windows, etc.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rumor is the base will be expensive than wrangle but the optioned versions will be cheaper. Good news for me I’m loading that sucker up
That's what I'm hoping for too. And a Rubi should be well under 50k. Maybe it's dealer markups? I'm thinking a well optioned Bronco will come in right at 40k based on fully loaded Ranger price, well equipped Wrangler and well equipped Explorer.
Screenshot_20191227-161218_Chrome.jpg

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FWIW the Gladiator Rubicon starts at $43,875 but there are only 2 for sale on my local CL for 59k and 62k.

Now we need Chrispy to chime in and promise no dealer markups if we all buy through him! Lol.
Sponsored