Sponsored

Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot?

Order custom or pick off the lot?

• Total voters

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it is a rule on many of Ford's rebates for Mustangs, the car has to have been sitting on a dealer lot for at least 60 days. Otherwise, pretty much no rebates apply at all, except for ones like the vet discount, college discount, etc.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Chris, On the Ford.com website: Select >VEHICLES> SUVS & CROSSOVERS> 2020 EXPLORER> PRICING & INCENTIVES> RETAIL OFFERS> DISCLAIMER
Under disclaimer is where it states the 61-day qualifier Maybe it's different there but here in zone 58 (Mpls-St Paul et al) that's what is expressed for at least the Explorer and Ranger, and I assume most other retailed Ford vehicles here.
Chris B.

Attachments

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If one wants a black, white, silver, or gray Bronco with black interior you will be able to fine one on a dealers lot easily in my neck of the woods when they are delivered. But that's not me, so I custom order all of my new vehicles.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Custom order

If I rely on dealers, I'll never get the fun colors, and have to go out of my way for a 2dr 2.7tt manual

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure. Depends on price and requirement for a manual transmission. If they only make auto transmission I won’t get a Bronco at all. If limited # of manual, I may have to order.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking at a Custom order-thinking a mid range model under $45K before Z plan on it.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LOL

I've considered mobbing on down to SanTan Ford (One of the biggest dealerships in the country) and trying to pry some info/ an allocation out of them. I guarantee their GM was at the meeting.
Don't bother with SanTan... Sanderson is where it's at.

My old boss bought his mustang at santan, had them order it, they went ahead and etched the vin into the windows and all of that crap and then tried to charge him... he told them they're gonna have to order another one and sat there for hours arguing with them trying to stick that garbage on it... My only experience with them, i took my dually there for an alignment as I noticed the tires were getting shot in the first 10k miles, and I was told I was 2 late past my alignment warranty so they wouldn't do one for free... Made the trek back across town to Sanderson the following week, (where I bought it), they took care of it. This was on my old 2015 F350, not the current F450. There's also no haggling over paint butler and other garbage...

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll order one. I've waited a long time for it, I'll make sure it's what I want. I compromised on the Mustang I got, and miss some of the features that would've been nice to have.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked "Not Sure" on the poll. My wife and I will be buying an SUV in the next 1-2 years, and depending on how the Bronco turns out, we'll be getting either an auto 4-door off the lot or a 4Runner. Depending on how we like it if we get, and what kind of models are available, I'll snag a custom-ordered manual 2-door, hopefully with more than 4 cylinders, not too much longer after that.

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)
Voted Pick off lot.

After years of ordering cars to my exact specifications and only getting 2%-6% below "invoice", I've started using cars.com to find exactly what I want on lot (up to 150 mile radius), email all of the dealers with my 1st & 2nd choice colors my Out The Door price (OTD) and deal with the 1 or 2 volume dealers that take my price serious... So much easier, no more hoping the dealer sends build info, dealing with their lack of vehicle knowledge, etc.
I just get the loan or get the certified check and pick up the vehicle. Handle trade before hand or get a no less than/sight unseen price in advance.

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can almost guarantee there will be lifted/accessorized broncos at almost every dealer to draw people in. They like to hold onto those for a few months. Then sell them for msrp plus parts. Ford will throw incentives on them to get them moving and letting people advertise for them just by driving them around. I will probably wait for that reason. Pick up a low mileage lease turn in. I've got friends at the two closest dealerships. Tell them what I want option wise and they will let me know when something comes in that fits the bill.

Last edited:

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, 2 years from now my wife will have her masters in psychology, so when shes pulling 80k a year, I may get a f250 tremor and she'll get the bronco.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Eh, not quite any 6.2, but yeah, they have a huge advantage in weight and hp and trans that needs to be overcome by a lot of boost on the 6.2...

To solve this ecoboost sounds bad issue, we need an ecoboost 5.0 or 7.3, preferably in the bronco. :crackup:

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Long time lurker here. The recent bevy of spy shots and news has me perusing the site again. I've been considering a F250 Tremor with the 7.3L. I really like what Ford focused on with that engine. However, I may hold out to see what the Bronco offers. I'm looking for an off-road friendly vehicle for hunting/fishing/camping adventures that can double as a dd. While the f250 is more capable as a work vehicle, I think the Bronco would be the better dd. Either way, the way you handle business makes me want to buy from you. You do things the way I always believed they should be done. What dealership do you work for if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to PM me the info.

As to the topic at hand... I'll probably custom order. I don't like any of the safety nannies that most packages include. I'm a function>form and KISS guy. In the end I'll probably end up with a mildly optioned base model. Nothing fancy.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To solve this ecoboost sounds bad issue, we need an ecoboost 5.0 or 7.3, preferably in the bronco. :crackup:
I think a lot of us were hoping for this in the GT500, but never got it :sigh:
Sponsored