Sponsored

Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot?

Order custom or pick off the lot?

• Total voters

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious how y'all feel about this. For me personally I will pretty much be getting a base model with maybe a few select options (trying to keep my base price under $40k)

I'm pretty sure I will be able to find something I'm interested in without pre-ordering if I wait, but my question is will I want to? Just curious how y'all feel about this.
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I expect that if there is a Bronco I want it will be a fairly high trim, highest or second highest if the highest is a SFA rock crawling version. If I'm paying that much for a vehicle, I'd rather pay a bit more and get exactly the vehicle I want in terms of colors, etc, and will custom order it.

On the lot vehicles also tend to have options I'd rather not have, ex/ I don't want the lane keep assist/adaptive cruise package if it isn't required for something else that I do want. And I don't want the infotainment with built in GPS so long as I can get carplay to use my phone without it.

Playboyshiredhand

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco, 2019 F150 FX4, 2015 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why the f- - k would I let a dealer order what I want? I waited 6 f- - king years for it to come out what’s another 6 to 8 weeks for delivery

Last edited:

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordering dealers second allocation but depending on actual specs/options that could change.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will only buy a Bronco from someone who knows more about the vehicle than I do. Waiting for an oil change & 10-point service today I strolled over to sales and asked one of the Ford sales guys what he knew about the Bronco.

"I'm so glad you asked; I know all about it & can't wait for it to hit our showroom."

"Wow, that's great...what can you tell me about it?"

"Well...there's no real info about it...but I've heard it'll be just like a Jeep"

"But what about configurations or engines?"

"Oh, you want details...let me get my sales manager..."

Turns out the manager knew less than the sales guy...which is quite a bit less than even my wife. Almost as much fun as dealing with the Post Office in the 1970s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will only buy a Bronco from someone who knows more about the vehicle than I do. Waiting for an oil change & 10-point service today I strolled over to sales and asked one of the Ford sales guys what he knew about the Bronco.

"I'm so glad you asked; I know all about it & can't wait for it to hit our showroom."

"Wow, that's great...what can you tell me about it?"

"Well...there's no real info about it...but I've heard it'll be just like a Jeep"

"But what about configurations or engines?"

"Oh, you want details...let me get my sales manager..."

Turns out the manager knew less than the sales guy...which is quite a bit less than even my wife. Almost as much fun as dealing with the Post Office in the 1970s.
LOL

I've considered mobbing on down to SanTan Ford (One of the biggest dealerships in the country) and trying to pry some info/ an allocation out of them. I guarantee their GM was at the meeting.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious how y'all feel about this. For me personally I will pretty much be getting a base model with maybe a few select options (trying to keep my base price under $40k)

I'm pretty sure I will be able to find something I'm interested in without pre-ordering if I wait, but my question is will I want to? Just curious how y'all feel about this.

I have yet to see a purchasing agent order anything close to what People would order if given the chance.. they order some seriously messed up combos. I could elaborate but it would be long winded..

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL

I've considered mobbing on down to SanTan Ford (One of the biggest dealerships in the country) and trying to pry some info/ an allocation out of them. I guarantee their GM was at the meeting.
San Tan Ford? Really? I had no idea they were even close to the biggest in the state.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be ordering from ChrispyKC when the order guide comes out if all goes according to plan. I did the same for my stang. The way I see it is if I’m spending $40k + why not get exactly what I want instead of having to settle for a config the dealer has on the lot?

My stang is rare because of the options I got. I’ve never seen one like it anywhere else

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll wait to see if I like it first - both cosmetically and technically. Then drive it. Then examine options, listen to what owners love and hate. Then wait a year (probably less considering MY2021 could come out as early as September 2020) to see if there's any improvements or additional options coming for the 2nd model year. Then I'll see what is on the dealer lot. If what I want isn't there, then I'll order it.

I keep my vehicles for too long to snap up the first shiny thing I see.

Sponsored

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same camp with folks just custom ordering something if I'm spending 40k+.

I do have a question about special-ordering in general. Anyone chime in but this may be most relevant for @ChrispyKC as I'm assuming he knows the process about as good as anyone. How late in the model year can a new vehicle be ordered? All the way until 12/31 of that year (or the end of the 365 day cycle from release date)? Would be preferred to wait awhile to see the initial reviews and bugs get identified. Would also wonder if waiting around for rebates would be relevant to special-ordering but would rebates/incentives apply to new-ordered vehicles?

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
eh. I don't know yet. Custom ordering vs model year end sale. If it has all I want in it for thousands off the price. It would entice me. But....no coyote so I'm not as excited for the Bronco.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've specced out several vehicles in the last few years and searched inventories within ~500 miles of me. I have yet to find a single dealer ordered vehicle that would match the types of configurations I'm interested in. They're either bloated with everything available, or stripper models, and rarely anything other than the most bland colors. No way am I spending $40k+ and not getting exactly what appeals to me on a vehicle I expect to keep until it or I falls apart -- I've waited several years already, a few more weeks won't make a difference.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
San Tan Ford? Really? I had no idea they were even close to the biggest in the state.
Maybe they sell the most trucks of any ford dealer in the state? Idk I heard something about them being at the Bronco meeting way back when.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the right one winds up on the lot I'd get that one but it's more likely that we end up custom ordering one. We shall see.
Sponsored