First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2dr BD w/ adv 4x4, the 2.3 is great. Very happy with the choice.
Sponsored

Will_in_HiFi

Black Diamond
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr BD Mansquatch, 1989 Bronco 2, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my 2.3 4 door ManSquatch. In sport mode its even better and seems to have better throttle response and seems to build boost quicker. I had someone at a gas station in an old 5.8 bronco heckle me for having a 4 cylinder Bronco. Then I reminded him that the 2.3 has more power and torque than the bronco's 5.8 ever had.....
Ford Bronco Are you happy with your 2.3 Bronco? thumbnail_D950C6E1-2030-495D-AECD-1F8E415CD3DF

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my test drive of the 2.3L, I was underwhelmed with the response at highway speeds.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love my 2.3. You gotta use sport mode if your looking for a quicker ride. At any rate its a 5k pound vehicle built for a purpose,not drag racing on the highway. I get a kick out of people wanting to tune it and make it faster! Lol
My wife is not as thrilled with it becuz its become an accessory addiction for her husband.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Luckily I got to test drive several and yes the 2.3 is good....however the 2.7 matched with the 4.7 just gives a fun factor with that torque....just wish it had manual option...can't imagine what it would do with a tune

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm very happy with my 2.3 2 door manual. If I was getting a 4 door auto, it would be the 2.7.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2D here, couldn't be happier. Snappy, decent MPG considering, no issues with torque, etc. The 2.7 is a rocket.

No regrats and if I could do it again I wouldn't change a thing. Except ordering M/T.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn't even consider adding the extra weight that the 2.7L entails to an already heavy rig.
I don’t think the 2.7 weighs much more, but the 2.3 not having those low hanging cross member supports is appealing.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a 2021 4 door 2.3 sasquatch, auto. Currently have a 2022 2 door 2.3 7 speed manual, Both had 35" tires... never a lack of power. I believe they are 275-290hp...more than enough power to tow. My .02

Ford Bronco Are you happy with your 2.3 Bronco? AMBbronco
Ford Bronco Are you happy with your 2.3 Bronco? broncoeg35naked

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2.3L and regularly am driving it up mountains at altitude (9k+ elevation), no complaints whatsoever! Highly recommend the 2.3L, has been great over 15k miles.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a ‘21 Badlands with the 2.3 and have had it in a variety of situations where power/torque was important, (mud, sand, steep climbs, etc) and the 2.3 delivered in all cases. It also accelerates quickly on those highway entrance ramps which is the more Dangerous than any trail I’ve been on. 😉

Totally happy with the 2.3. That aside, one other benefit is that it still has all the valves attached. 😁

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having had the 2.3 in the ranger for the last three years I have never thought I did not have enough power. I have been able to drive a few of the broncos with the 2.3 and can't say it was any different.

Short story long. Just go test drive a ranger.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my 2.3 4D Badlands SAS. It was a backup order (my main order was identical except for a V6) to hedge my bets against production constraints, and lo and behold, it was built.

2.3 + SAS is what really concerned me since there weren't any mannequin units matching that build for customers to test drive, but having had it almost a week now, I'm beyond delighted with its performance on the highway and on the street. Shifts with the 10-sp auto are butter smooth, and it provides plenty of power. Having driven it, there's no way I'd spend another ~$2,700 for the 2.7; it's just not necessary for my use case or enjoyment.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was one of several who wanted the 7mt regardless of engine choice. I noticed a trend concerning the 2.3...the only folks who disparage the 2.3 are those who have never owned one. Now that I'm in the camp of those who have owned one, I can say I'm impressed, and have no regrets about the 2.3. Bronco didn't need a 2.7 at all, but this is how the American consumer thinks...small engines are inferior. You won't regret having a 2.3!
Sponsored