Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d wait a little bit. Lobo has a legit one in progress.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

hahaha my kit and winch is out for delivery today so i will install it all tomorrow. I got the RC 12k winch with synthetic rope with this also. can't wait to dive into this bad boy tomorrow.
On the edge of my seat!!! Course I don't have a VIN so I have time :cry:

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Delivery updated for Tuesday (was Saturday). Suppose I'll now get the benefit of seeing one or two posted installs over the holiday weekend.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Kit came in on Thursday really quick turn around. I started working at about 9. From 9-10 am i was getting parts and tools together. The install isn’t bad. There isn’t a lot of cutting its just cutting in hard to get to spaces. I’d recommend doing this on a lift if possible. I did it in my driveway on stands. The instructions are really well if you read them in the right order. They kinda jump around. Make sure you completely pinch the lines it says to. I did not and lost a lot of coolant. But i refilled it no harm no foul. It took me about 6 hours to get this installed. Not bad for not having a shop. I love the winch and they look. If you are not experienced i would not recommend. I didn’t take pictures during the install because that would have just added time and I didn’t care to honestly. I would recommend this product to anyone with a 2.7L
Ford Bronco Are you Sh*tting me RC 2.7 Hidden mount 4660BEAA-868C-44A3-9D65-45DA2D554D6C
Ford Bronco Are you Sh*tting me RC 2.7 Hidden mount D53ACA92-958B-4EA0-B690-059386BF163F

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks great and 6 hours in the driveway on jackstands isn’t bad at all.

I used to do all my own work on my muscle cars, but I was 1/3 as old and twice as smart as I am now.
I may have to give it a shot.

Great job.

Sponsored

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Kit came in on Thursday really quick turn around. I started working at about 9. From 9-10 am i was getting parts and tools together. The install isn’t bad. There isn’t a lot of cutting its just cutting in hard to get to spaces. I’d recommend doing this on a lift if possible. I did it in my driveway on stands. The instructions are really well if you read them in the right order. They kinda jump around. Make sure you completely pinch the lines it says to. I did not and lost a lot of coolant. But i refilled it no harm no foul. It took me about 6 hours to get this installed. Not bad for not having a shop. I love the winch and they look. If you are not experienced i would not recommend. I didn’t take pictures during the install because that would have just added time and I didn’t care to honestly. I would recommend this product to anyone with a 2.7L
Ford Bronco Are you Sh*tting me RC 2.7 Hidden mount D53ACA92-958B-4EA0-B690-059386BF163F
Heck yes, first to the forum. Well done and can't wait for mine to be delivered. Any tips besides getting it up on a lift (not that I will but maybe I'll get some ramps if that would help)?

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is there any room to install a verticle extension for the spool lock to manually release the winch rope?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, so the biggest issue was the heat exchanger being in the way on a 2.7 and this kit solves that....but you didn't take a single picture of that step?

How challenging was it to relocate it? Did it seem like there would be any issues with it in the new location?

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any room to install a verticle extension for the spool lock to manually release the winch rope?
This is the million $ question for me I want to be able to manually release my winch. If you can't how hard would it be to drill a hole so I could reach in a do it.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know I’ll look today and see. I need to do that though if it is.

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so the biggest issue was the heat exchanger being in the way on a 2.7 and this kit solves that....but you didn't take a single picture of that step?

How challenging was it to relocate it? Did it seem like there would be any issues with it in the new location?
It wasn’t to hard to relocate it just moved to intercooler up with a bracket. The hardest part is cutting the frame brackets. Just a hard spot to get into. You do have to cut hoses also.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck yes, first to the forum. Well done and can't wait for mine to be delivered. Any tips besides getting it up on a lift (not that I will but maybe I'll get some ramps if that would help)?
Have two big enough vice grip pliers to be able to pinch off the lines. You’re gonna lose coolant either way though

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So this doesn't accomidate being able to reach the winch? I mean I have a different brand of winch and not only do I have a manual lever, but I need to be able to get to my winch to plug in the remote.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So this doesn't accomidate being able to reach the winch? I mean I have a different brand of winch and not only do I have a manual lever, but I need to be able to get to my winch to plug in the remote.
I believe it says you must relocate then control for the winch so your plug in would be higher in the engine bay already.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have two big enough vice grip pliers to be able to pinch off the lines. You’re gonna lose coolant either way though
$5.99 HF makes set of clamps for this purpose. A good value.
Sponsored