Sponsored

Are you switching to a soft top?

Are you switching to a soft top?

• I already have or will switch to a soft top

• No I don’t want to and will get a 22MY

• No I can’t (Already built, FE, 2D, WT…)

• I am canceling my reservation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a person not willing to compromise I fully encourage others to either get a soft top or cancel altogether.
Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched late yesterday afternoon after driving a Bronco with a soft-top...I knew the hard-top was going to be an issue but not to the scale it escalated to today. I will be happy with a soft-top and will save up while waiting for the dust to settle and buy a hard-top next year or a bit after.

I called the Bronco team number and after a hour wait I spoke to a rep and she said my "code number" is 103 and that I most likely should be a MY21 with the soft-top switch. My only concern are that I will get a VIN right before the new B&P goes live and see changes I would have wanted.
What was your reservation date?

Blackandnlue

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched to soft top months ago. To be honest, I was already on the fence about the tops. I had a soft top jeep for decades. I just hate Jeeps. The only reason I had one, was for hardcore 4-wheeling. I don't have a build date, I don't have a VIN number I've got nothing. No communication from them. I my dealer doesn't have any idea what's going on either. I don't have a super early reservation. But it was still August of last year. I'm building this thing out to be what I would consider all moderate off-roader. Most people would probably consider it fairly hardcore. Any body have any idea what the constraints on the 2.7L or the Sasquatch package is? Could that be why I'm out in the cold?

Hannaboy78

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After today’s announcement by Ford, are you switching?
I will NOT be switching. It was cool to think that I would be one of the first to get a new Bronco and the attention it might get on the streets but that is not the resounding reason why I am purchasing one. I am a sucker for open air driving and I have always loved being off road. I want my kids to get a feel for that as well. We were looking at Jeeps really hard about a year and half ago and I saw the Bronco...sold! I will wait to get the options I want. I don't need to settle for things I don't want at this point in my life. I am a bit disappointed since I reserved day 2 but in the end I know the wait will be worth it.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After today’s announcement by Ford, are you switching?
It was my understanding that if you haven’t got a build email yet that you are going to be 2022 no matter what, unless FE I believe. Regardless, I can’t switch because apparently the highest, most expensive trims (WT for me) have the least options.

Sponsored

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reserved 7/28/20 and placed my order 1/21/21. I am taking what the Ford rep said with a grain of salt for now as it really feels like getting a VIN is like getting a needed number out of a bingo ball spinner.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was my understanding that if you haven’t got a build email yet that you are going to be 2022 no matter what, unless FE I believe. Regardless, I can’t switch because apparently the highest, most expensive trims (WT for me) have the least options.
not at all. If you switch to a soft top now, you will get it soon.
not sure why you say you can’t

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

not at all. If you switch to a soft top now, you will get it soon.
not sure why you say you can’t
I just got the email from Ford. I must've read something wrong. I guess it's time to consider switching from Wildtrak to Badlands.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered a soft top originally, but I hate those wavy back windows in the Bronco.

I went to the dealer and looked at the "wavy" soft top on an OBX and did not care for the look at all. But the way the windows are designed (thin plastic so the back of the top can be easily raised) it is something that you are going to have to live with. I anticipate that the "waves" will become more pronounced over time when the back of the top is repeatedly raised and lowered.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I could, I never wanted the hard top in the first place (2dr)

The hell was Ford smoking when they decided 2drs couldn’t have soft tops?

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I made the jump. Now I'm going to start watching emails on #AnyGivenThursday to see if I actually get my Rapid Red Badlands.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed about a month ago and it clearly didn’t change my order number or ability to get my bronco sooner… I’m really pessimistic today, look what Ford has done to me I’ve become a pessimist…Negative nanny

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed about a month ago and it clearly didn’t change my order number or ability to get my bronco sooner… I’m really pessimistic today, look what Ford has done to me I’ve become a pessimist…Negative nanny

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah but has there been ANY additional scheduling in the last month?

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I fully expect not to get it until 2029 as I’m a late late late reservation of 7/15/2020
Sponsored