Sponsored

Are you switching to a soft top?

Are you switching to a soft top?

• I already have or will switch to a soft top

• No I don’t want to and will get a 22MY

• No I can’t (Already built, FE, 2D, WT…)

• I am canceling my reservation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I fully expect not to get it until 2029 as I’m a late late late reservation of 7/15/2020
Goo, I'm a 8/3 trying to advance to this year and considering switching to four door/soft top to make it happen, but I'd be curious if anybody beyond 8/3 has been scheduled.
Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only way to hope to get a ‘21 is if you switch to a base, four-door, soft top, cloth seats, mid package Without any accessories or options with a basic color

Of course with that configuration you’ll also be competing with the very build that dealerships are trying to procure as demos now

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford made the choice for me, since 2-door is non-negotiable for me.

Let's imagine a world where 2-door Broncos had a soft top (with hookups) option. I don't really care about 2021, but I need my vehicle by the end of Q2 next year. So if I had a strong indication that Ford would meet that deadline, I would stick with the hardtop. Otherwise I would switch to soft. So even if I had the option, I would be immensely frustrated with Ford for not providing me the info I need to make the correct decision.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As much as I'd like to get my Bronco sooner, the soft top just doesn't work for me. I don't care for an open air driving experience. I will use my Bronco as a daily driver and have the need to lock up things on a regular if not daily basis. I was tempted. Very tempted. In the end, I'm going to stay the course and wait for an upgraded MIC top.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only way to hope to get a ‘21 is if you switch to a base, four-door, soft top, cloth seats, mid package Without any accessories or options with a basic color

Of course with that configuration you’ll also be competing with the very build that dealerships are trying to procure as demos now
I'm guessing if you remove the Lux package, and towing package and drop to the 2.3L you would have already been assigned a VIN

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm guessing if you remove the Lux package, and towing package and drop to the 2.3L you would have already been assigned a VIN
Too true, darn my desire for bells and whistles

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No can do, I have a 2D coming.

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just got the email from Ford. I must've read something wrong. I guess it's time to consider switching from Wildtrak to Badlands.
I tried to switch to badlands yesterday and could not. Sold out I guess...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'm not sure that is the case. The soft tops that got scheduled yesterday were pretty well dressed. As for competing with the dealers, reservations should come first. I think it comes down to allocation and reservation timestamp. Commodities may be less of a factor at this moment in time.

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure that is the case. The soft tops that got scheduled yesterday were pretty well dressed. As for competing with the dealers, reservations should come first. I think it comes down to allocation and reservation timestamp. Commodities may be less of a factor at this moment in time.
I’m guessing everything yesterday was mostly 7/13-14 reservations. I’d be curious to find out how many of those with soft tops still remain

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 04 Lightning,29AModel, 21 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I switched on June 15th (second day reservation)to a soft top ,dropped LUX to high,dropped 2.7 to 2.3, dropped tow ,and now it seems? HD Bumper is a constraint. Pretty sad that they cant have enough bumpers.
Sponsored