Sponsored

Are you switching to a soft top?

Are you switching to a soft top?

• I already have or will switch to a soft top

• No I don’t want to and will get a 22MY

• No I can’t (Already built, FE, 2D, WT…)

• I am canceling my reservation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched on June 15th (second day reservation)to a soft top ,dropped LUX to high,dropped 2.7 to 2.3, dropped tow ,and now it seems? HD Bumper is a constraint. Pretty sad that they cant have enough bumpers.
Are you still SAS?
Sponsored

Thundar

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRover, Jk Rubi, Renegade, F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have missed this... why is there a hold up on two doors? I assume if I switch to soft top on my 2 door it won’t make a difference? the email only mentioned 4 doors.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have missed this... why is there a hold up on two doors? I assume if I switch to soft top on my 2 door it won’t make a difference? the email only mentioned 4 doors.
There is no soft top for 2 door.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order - BL 2.3 MT LUX MIC

If it were only me in my household - I would've switched to a soft top immediately when they announced the hardtop prep kit.

But this is a family vehicle and it's important to me to give my wife some of the things that she prefers - lower cost, lower noise, better appearance, and better temperature regulation are some of those things.

I have driven both a soft top and a sound-deadened hard top and they are not even close when compared to each other for noise. Don't be deceived, the soft top is SIGNIFICANTLY noisier than a sound-deadened hard top. Some people care, some people don't so decide based on that. We feel the "open-air experience" for us will be about equivalent in practice.

Since I don't need a vehicle, and it will be more expensive for a later aftermarket top, we'll keep being patient :) I am also interested in the ManSquatch option coming available in 22.

This is the first ever vehicle we're going to purchase new, so within reason we're going to get exactly what we want. And by waiting we will absolutely be able to pay cash if desired.

Sponsored

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 04 Lightning,29AModel, 21 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you still SAS?
I never was SAS rear lockers though just hoping I might slip in this year. Hell I might even drop the HD Bumper its not like there won't be plenty of after market to choose from!

Bignet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking of going from a 2.7 OBX 2dr Lux tow to a BL 2.3 manual High pkg without tow. I’m even changing colors from silver to cactus gray. The price should also go down around $2000. I don’t think I’d see my 2Dr in at least 6 months. I figure on some sort of hybrid option in 3-4 years, so I could upgrade later.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No interest in a soft top. Waiting for painted mod top, so holding out till MY23

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't promise that it works but I switched my order (that's had a vin since april) to a soft top today in WBDO. We shall see if if sticks and actually makes the change.

Little update. I have had a VIN since April ish and it had the MIC. I changed my order in the WBDO order system to a soft top on Thursday when the bad news hit about the MIC tops. My build week moved this morning to aug 30th from sept 20th. "fingers crossed" maybe it will let you change the orders of people who have VIN's.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have always firmly been in the hard top camp but I've had a demo Bronco for about two weeks now and the soft top on it has been fantastic. The biggest downside to me is the noise level on the interstate but I don't have a hard top to compare it to. I don't have to have a new vehicle soon so I'll likely wait but I may consider switching to a dual top order when the time comes.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be switching to the soft top and dropping the tow package. Hopefully with that order adjustment I will have a spring delivery.
Sponsored