Sponsored

Are you telling dealer no stickers on your Bronco?

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was very clear with my dealer not to install the front plate bracket or put any decals on before delivery, and they agreed.

When I picked up, I was thrilled not to have holes in my front end, but they did put a vinyl on. Annoying, but the XPEL installers removed it for me a couple of days later when I had it fully wrapped.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have bought a few cars that didn’t have the front license plate bracket installed. I know you’re legally required to have a front plate in CA, but there’s a surprisingly large percentage of people who don’t. I was actually thinking about this yesterday on my way to work, and I counted all the cars that I passed with and without. About one out of every eight cars had no front plate. I had a Saleen Mustang and a 350z that I never put the plates on. Never once got pulled over for it, so I think I’ll just leave mine off unless the dealer installs it, but I doubt they will.
they did not mount the front plate, no stickers, only a chrome plate frame in back and since they gave me a great deal and made the entire process as simple as can be, I'll be happy to have that on there.

I did modify a made for Jeeps front plate holder and now have mine on the lover left of the bumper, decided to add it for a trip to SoCal, didn't know how picky the cops are there and didn't want a "fix it" ticket in Palm Springs, LOL. Was gonna take it off after, but so far never got around to it, don't really ever see it either, so don't really care.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not. I thought this was a bit of a stretch for my dealership.

Sponsored

James132006

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Must Coupe, 88 Must GT, 06 Must GT, 04 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's bullshit that dealers put their name on "your" vehicle. Are they paying me to advertise? Or even worse they slap on a license plate frame that strokes their ego with plus the stickers. At least they stopped drilling holes and affixing the old school metal dealership name.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's bullshit that dealers put their name on "your" vehicle. Are they paying me to advertise? Or even worse they slap on a license plate frame that strokes their ego with plus the stickers. At least they stopped drilling holes and affixing the old school metal dealership name.

Remember the days when they would engrave their name into the rear bumper? Ain't no peeling that off.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread - but I always say minimal prep. I tell the dealer to do the minimum PDI that they need to for liability, then give it to me with all plastic film and such intact. Don't wash or clean, and I'll give them all 5s or 10s! I think this implies no dealer stickers.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was lucky. My was delivered to the dealer New Years Eve, and I picked it up 11 am New Years Day. When they called, I said please, no front plate bracket, and no dealer logo. I told them I was going to PPF the rear gate.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Didn't read the whole thread - but I always say minimal prep. I tell the dealer to do the minimum PDI that they need to for liability, then give it to me with all plastic film and such intact. Don't wash or clean, and I'll give them all 5s or 10s! I think this implies no dealer stickers.
Had a longtime old school dealer friend that got in hot water because they left the plastic on the passenger seat in a delivered vehicle, wrongly thinking, I guess, that the customer would appreciate it.

Anyway I digress. My dealer installed their name on a plate surround and a hardly able to tell its therre sticker near Henry Ford's name . Unless you hate your dealer is it so bad for this (see pic) or do you all plan on removing Ford's name as well?
Ford Bronco Are you telling dealer no stickers on your Bronco? 1644673549252

Sponsored

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think I'll be too bothered with a sticker in this situation. I've got a good relationship with the dealer, so if anything I'll just take it off later without a fuss.

My favorite was when I bought my F-Type, I called ahead of going to the dealer to discuss the sale and mentioned "If I buy this I do not want any dealer stickers or plates on it." The salesman responded with "This car is designed to be gorgeous, and I can assure you we don't ruin it with a cheap sticker. This isn't a Kia dealership." :ROFLMAO:

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve never purchased a vehicle where I haven’t told them to not put their badge or sticker. In the vehicles that already had them, I asked them to be removed when washed OR I just remove them when I get home with the help from a hair blow dryer. 🙂

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The stickers are super easy to take off so I did it when I got her home. Really glad I don’t live in a front license plate state.

dee_rod

Outer Banks
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I told the dealer over the phone, when they called to inform me my Bronco had arrived, that I didn't want a sticker on the truck. When I got there to pick it up it was the first thing I told them to remove as soon as I saw the vehicle. They did a good job removing and not leaving any residue at least.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How many of us are going to tell the dealership no DEALER STICKER on my Bronco. I hate that!
Yes. I asked but they put it on anyway. It wasn’t on long enough.. I was able to peel it off easily. I had planned to leave their license plate frame on the rear but since I had to remove their sticker, I also replaced the plate frame. Now they get 0 advertisement from me.
Sponsored