First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think he's saying the stitching and other interior accents should be made to match the chosen exterior paint color rather than the badge.
if they tried to match the interior accents to the body color the seat cost would be even more expensive for everyone. No way they could get economy of scale making so many colors. And it would make the assembly like even more complicated and slow down production. i Am stunned they are offering as many options as they are now...

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if they tried to match the interior accents to the body color the seat cost would be even more expensive for everyone. No way they could get economy of scale making so many colors. And it would make the assembly like even more complicated and slow down production. i Am stunned they are offering as many options as they are now...
Yeah I'm personally happy with the black/orange combo of MGV seats + orange stitching on badlands. I get that folks would like to have more control over the stitching and such, but I bet you're right about cost increase.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
how long does this take? 10 years? 20 years? I hope it is 30 as I will be dead by then.

Unfortunately, the pigment in A51 has an adverse reaction with the aluminum body panels. It creates low levels of marinium gas. Over time the marinium destroys the marine grade seat stitching. This is not the combination I would choose, if I were you.

But, I'm not you....

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In that case stitching should be white or gray (neutral color). Since that’s the only accented part that can’t be switched out easy.

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In that case stitching should be white or gray (neutral color). Since that’s the only accented part that can’t be switched out easy.
i don’t disagree but I think Ford was trying to create uniqueness to each trim level. I have a f150 platinum. It has a goofy brown interior unique to the Platinum. The truck is black. Everyone always asked why are the seats brown? I have no answer...

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i don’t disagree but I think Ford was trying to create uniqueness to each trim level. I have a f150 platinum. It has a goofy brown interior unique to the Platinum. The truck is black. Everyone always asked why are the seats brown? I have no answer...
When I ordered my 2017 Platinum, Black or the strange brown where the choices, I went brownish with my Platinum white color.

Would be nice to have a second color choice on the Bad Lands, but I can live with black,

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I ordered my 2017 Platinum, Black or the strange brown where the choices, I went brownish with my Platinum white color.

Would be nice to have a second color choice on the Bad Lands, but I can live with black,
I wish for BD and BL you had the choice of both MGV interiors. I’d go with the black & gray from the BD

Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you are like me and considering A51 and MGV, I saw the 4-door Overlander in person at Super-Cel East. It looked great. I was able to get up close and personal and feel the MGV seats (amazing-converted me instantly ). The following 2 pics, represent the best pics I have that most accurately represent what I saw in person in terms of color. Like me, you probably are going back and forth, yet, I keep going back to A51 and MGV because I actually saw it and thought it looked great. Also at the time, I thought the MIC top went well with it. I had planned on the painted top, but that is out unless you want to wait (which I don’t). So there is another thing (MIC) I have seen in person that actually looks better than I expected. I hope this helps someone!

F282A74B-279E-4909-9CA6-B172B15153EF.jpeg

72A2207F-55B7-4EFF-B9D0-27605B0D2AB8.jpeg
Best combo of color and interior in my opinion. Unique exterior color and neutral-enough interior with good accent color to match badge.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wish for BD and BL you had the choice of both MGV interiors. I’d go with the black & gray from the BD
Me too. Two tone adds lots of class. I have never had an all black interior, and really not wanting one. If no choice, I'll live with black. But dang, 50K plus and a plain black interior.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me too. Two tone adds lots of class. I have never had an all black interior, and really not wanting one. If no choice, I'll live with black. But dang, 50K plus and a plain black interior.
Yeah man. Why give OBX 4 interior options and limit a higher trim? Makes no sense

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are like me and considering A51 and MGV, I saw the 4-door Overlander in person at Super-Cel East. It looked great. I was able to get up close and personal and feel the MGV seats (amazing-converted me instantly ). The following 2 pics, represent the best pics I have that most accurately represent what I saw in person in terms of color. Like me, you probably are going back and forth, yet, I keep going back to A51 and MGV because I actually saw it and thought it looked great. Also at the time, I thought the MIC top went well with it. I had planned on the painted top, but that is out unless you want to wait (which I don’t). So there is another thing (MIC) I have seen in person that actually looks better than I expected. I hope this helps someone!

F282A74B-279E-4909-9CA6-B172B15153EF.jpeg

72A2207F-55B7-4EFF-B9D0-27605B0D2AB8.jpeg
Excellent advice - I saw this rig in TN and reached same conclusion. Part of (not primary or only) reason I’m switching to BL from FE.
Sponsored