First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thousand points of light . . . Stay the course. . . Wait (patiently) for A51 Bronco to be built. This is the color.

Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I finally pulled the trigger and got them :) I previously convinced myself that "enough with the upgrades for 2022" was a good voice to listen to in my head. But I just could not resist the sale RTR had for Cyber Monday + Black Friday....My only regret is that I couldn't, and didn't, get that front grille....It's growing on me. Anyways, back to the RTR Evo 6......(-0 Offset), Satin Charcoal, 17s.

I was going to wait to get new tires (Nitto Trail Grapplers) next month so I'd have a spare set....meh. I only got my Bronco in August so why not move the existing ones over and wear them out more? Plus....We Bronco owners are an impatient lot when it comes to installing upgrades!!!! haha!

So, after installing them and driving a few miles back home....you can instantly feel the result of having LESS rotational mass. The stock SAS rims weigh about 30.5 lbs. or so and these weigh 21 lbs. As a direct result - it feels nimbler and accelerates quicker (marginally but it is noticeable), but the one thing I did not expect was the improvement in ride quality. Since the wheels are considerably lighter, the suspension has to "fight" against less weight (mass) bobbing up and down. This resulted in a noticeably smoother ride and better handling. Granted I do have the Eibach Pro Lift kit as well (springs only) which i installed a few weeks ago - the new wheels have definitely contributed to the improvement in vehicle comfort and driving dynamics. I did use to track-race semi-professionally many moons ago - and maybe I'm a little more sensitive to all this, but all I can say is that I love the new shoes!!! Bravo RTR team!!! AND MAN THEY ARE SEXY........

Note - I was previously running 1.5 inch spacers on SAS wheels and when I installed these I removed my spacers. The "poke" is about 1/2 inch LESS with the RTRs - but it still looks great (y)

Now for some pics :cool: (All in different light environments, 2nd pic is my fave)

Ford Bronco AREA 51 Bronco Club 52539004014_db7e0ed5a2_b
RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

Ford Bronco AREA 51 Bronco Club 52539003964_47e9e59d45_b
RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

Ford Bronco AREA 51 Bronco Club 52539073871_aaac373651_b
Untitled by P.L. L, on Flickr

Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love this thread and new to the forum.
Was a day 1/hour 1 orderer of a bronco...not all Ford's fault but my order is in and now waiting for a 2 door 2023 Wildtrak in of course Area 51

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I finally pulled the trigger and got them :) I previously convinced myself that "enough with the upgrades for 2022" was a good voice to listen to in my head. But I just could not resist the sale RTR had for Cyber Monday + Black Friday....My only regret is that I couldn't, and didn't, get that front grille....It's growing on me. Anyways, back to the RTR Evo 6......(-0 Offset), Satin Charcoal, 17s.

I was going to wait to get new tires (Nitto Trail Grapplers) next month so I'd have a spare set....meh. I only got my Bronco in August so why not move the existing ones over and wear them out more? Plus....We Bronco owners are an impatient lot when it comes to installing upgrades!!!! haha!

So, after installing them and driving a few miles back home....you can instantly feel the result of having LESS rotational mass. The stock SAS rims weigh about 30.5 lbs. or so and these weigh 21 lbs. As a direct result - it feels nimbler and accelerates quicker (marginally but it is noticeable), but the one thing I did not expect was the improvement in ride quality. Since the wheels are considerably lighter, the suspension has to "fight" against less weight (mass) bobbing up and down. This resulted in a noticeably smoother ride and better handling. Granted I do have the Eibach Pro Lift kit as well (springs only) which i installed a few weeks ago - the new wheels have definitely contributed to the improvement in vehicle comfort and driving dynamics. I did use to track-race semi-professionally many moons ago - and maybe I'm a little more sensitive to all this, but all I can say is that I love the new shoes!!! Bravo RTR team!!! AND MAN THEY ARE SEXY........

Note - I was previously running 1.5 inch spacers on SAS wheels and when I installed these I removed my spacers. The "poke" is about 1/2 inch LESS with the RTRs - but it still looks great (y)

Now for some pics :cool: (All in different light environments, 2nd pic is my fave)

Ford Bronco AREA 51 Bronco Club Screenshot_20221114_210241_Gallery
RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

RTR by P.L. L, on Flickr

Untitled by P.L. L, on Flickr
I dig your style! I almost went with satin Charcoal, but as a soft top build, I have so little carbon grey. I really like those satin grey RTR's with the MIC top. Like, you, I'm also digging the RTR Grill. It may be my next big upgrade.

I went with RTR Satin Black 17x9+30 with Stock Badlands BFGoodrich 285/70R17's. Went from fully tucked to +1.4" poke, which is all sidewall and perfectly aligns to the tread shoulder. RTR nailed this. Freshly detailed this week. I' may go 35's once I burn the 33" KO2's out. She's near ready for winter layup once the salt comes out, this girl is going in her stall to rest up for beach season.

Ford Bronco AREA 51 Bronco Club Bronco Dec2022

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I dig your style! I almost went with satin Charcoal, but as a soft top build, I have so little carbon grey. I really like those satin grey RTR's with the MIC top. Like, you, I'm also digging the RTR Grill. It may be my next big upgrade.

I went with RTR Satin Black 17x9+30 with Stock Badlands BFGoodrich 285/70R17's. Went from fully tucked to +1.4" poke, which is all sidewall and perfectly aligns to the tread shoulder. RTR nailed this. Freshly detailed this week. I' may go 35's once I burn the 33" KO2's out. She's near ready for winter layup once the salt comes out, this girl is going in her stall to rest up for beach season.

Ford Bronco AREA 51 Bronco Club Bronco Dec2022
Nice man!!!!! :) Good color and wheel choice!!! hahahaah!
Sponsored