Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife is a kindergarten teacher. She asked me to paint her classroom toy box . I was looking through the leftover paint cans from my home build last year and came across this. Area 51? A little to light I think? Trying to hunt down something in Area 51 in my town, nothing to see. Wife wants to see it before we order it...

Ford Bronco Area 51 color shifting concerns Area 51
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wife is a kindergarten teacher. She asked me to paint her classroom toy box . I was looking through the leftover paint cans from my home build last year and came across this. Area 51? A little to light I think? Trying to hunt down something in Area 51 in my town, nothing to see. Wife wants to see it before we order it...

Ford Bronco Area 51 color shifting concerns Area 51
Looks pretty close. But maybe a little too light idk

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have seen it in person on a baby Bronco and it is incredible.

I posted pictures of direct sunlight and shade and lots of other angles. Computer monitors are all different and make the color look anywhere from a light robin blue to a dark grey: I did not see that in person. Your dealer should have a binder of color chips that you can take outside and look at in the sun and shade (8.5", 11" samples is what my dealer had).

Of course this is my opinion and each person may view the color and its contrasts differently. I think it will look even better on the large flat panels and sweet lines of the Bronco.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Umm get what I get...wonder who I need to find a pay to dump a hint of green into some catus gray for a beautiful minty paint! ??? Be a oppsy bronco....that I'll love forever!! Be a crazy collector's item!! Haha
If you do that, hit me up lol. I loved that release cactus gray before they finalized it.

Sponsored

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was at a Ford dealer last week and saw a baby bronco sitting there. I looked at the rear of it in shadow and I wasnā€™t sure of what it was or if I liked it. Walked over-area 51. When I saw it in the light it made me happy that I ordered it. Lighting does play a role. I really donā€™t give a damn if a lot of others ordered it because I like it. I wonder how many black,silver,or white Broncos there will be. Just my $.02.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a post up with it on a Sport.

Once I saw it in person I was hooked. It is incredible in whatever light I see it in. Pictures and monitors do not show it well.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is anyone concerned on what the actual color of Area 51 will be. There are pictures in which I love the color and other pictures where the color appears less than desirable.
Exactly why I couldnā€™t commit to it. Looks great in some pics. Not so great in others. I finally saw it in person on a Sport and just wasnā€™t blown away.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's definitely a color you have to see person to know if you like it or not. It will definitely be a personal preference type of color situation. People that have seen it say it's really nice.

Personally I'm going with Velocity Blue. It's always been one of my favorite colors and I know I don't have to go see it in person to like it. I can't wait to see what VB looks like on the Bronco.
AREA 51 is the color of choice for the masses., hence I switched to Iconic Silver. I rode in 4 door Badlands Friday.....itā€™s a great color I can see why everyone is choosing it....after all 51 divided 3 equals 17....JK. The color is truly stunning.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Area 51 color shifting concerns 102_0454.JPG

In Moab, different lighting in one photo. I like it in all light, simple, scratch and dirt friendly. Too bad 1 in five are getting it.

Sponsored

Tony Sorrento

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.westherr.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw the A51 on a Sport and sold a few of them as I am in sales ... went to an event in Buffalo where I saw the regular Bronco in Area 51 and it blew me away. I liked it on the sport ... i LOVED it on the full size ... so glad with my color choice now ... don't go by the Sport ....

As far as it being the most picked color ... who cares! It's a different color than all vehicles out there and will stick out because of the color.

Last edited:

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
AREA 51 is the color of choice for the masses., hence I switched to Iconic Silver. I rode in 4 door Badlands Friday.....itā€™s a great color I can see why everyone is choosing it....after all 51 divided 3 equals 17....JK. The color is truly stunning.
Right because there aren't really many silver cars around.

At least you didn't pick a rental car color...

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is anyone concerned on what the actual color of Area 51 will be. There are pictures in which I love the color and other pictures where the color appears less than desirable.
Sounds like CG too. There are like 50 Shades of Cactus Grey. They need to reveal the final color shades before the real production starts.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right because there aren't really many silver cars around.

At least you didn't pick a rental car color...
I got to ride in the full size Bronco on Friday it was AREA 51....it's a cool color...I am still glad that I switched colors to Iconic Silver. AREA 51 is truly the color of choice....with out question. I truly like all the colors that are being offered.

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw the A51 on a Sport and sold a few of them as I am in sales ... went to an event in Buffalo where I saw the regular Bronco in Area 51 and it blew me away. I liked it on the sport ... i LOVED it on the full size ... so glad with my color choice now ... don't go by the Sport ....

As far as it being the most picked color ... who cares! It's a different color than all vehicles out there and will stick out because of the color.
Please tell me it looks better on the bronco as well as in the daylight. I went to see it at night and it looked very powdery blue. The photos actually make it look darker than what it look like in person and even in the photos it looked too light. I almost donā€™t want to be get it. The downfall is I havenā€™t seen you in person and there will be so many of the same color out in the streets

Ford Bronco Area 51 color shifting concerns 2E3A657F-90BB-42F6-B734-E5D5A84BC1EF

Ford Bronco Area 51 color shifting concerns A03C6755-A203-4064-92B5-480305ADA11C

Ford Bronco Area 51 color shifting concerns 99374439-857A-4148-B2FB-8CAA1CB290C8

Ford Bronco Area 51 color shifting concerns D8563B64-8ED1-4477-8E12-1774F346DDC5
Sponsored