First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone concerned on what the actual color of Area 51 will be. There are pictures in which I love the color and other pictures where the color appears less than desirable.
I've extensively monitored this color! Stay away from CGI! It will be fantastic, I believe it has an Iridescent to it. Something that reacts to Sun, UV, incandescent lighting.

I still can't get over the Cactus grey in your photo. It goes SO well with that carbonized mic top

I wish I could block the photo, because your pictured Cactus grey badlands is making me cheat on my wildtrak a51

Do you have the full photo to share? I want to flash it by the eyes of a few friends and get their opinion of it
I added full photos!!
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently own a truck with the Magma Red color. I feel like many of the colors are similar to Magma Red in that they’re made to change in different lighting. No single picture or video will really show what the color will look like all the time.

Last edited:

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are correct but after reading 5000 threads over the last 6 months I am getting lazy and tired of searching for threads.
Photos added

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You cant figure out what the color is. That’s why it’s called A51.

It should only be offered to us in Nevada home of the super secretive non existent A51.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still can't get over the Cactus grey in your photo. It goes SO well with that carbonized mic top

I wish I could block the photo, because your pictured Cactus grey badlands is making me cheat on my wildtrak a51

Do you have the full photo to share? I want to flash it by the eyes of a few friends and get their opinion of it
What photo??

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love A51 it’s my 2nd choice after cyber orange.

I think it’s unusual and different.
I for one wouldn’t worry that many members here on this forum like it and the popularity has grown. It’s not like you are going to see tons of them running around your hometown...

Plus give it a minute the next new color revealed will be everyone’s new favorite..
I.E. carb grey

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the case with most colours and a lot of people. Of course people have reservations about colours they haven't seen in person.

There is also a thread for every colour that this post could have gone in.
+1 to what this guy said. Everyone is concerned about the majority of what the actual colors look like. Its all over the forums.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer had a binder with full page color chips. A51 is incredible from the chip and it really changes based on being in the sun or shade. I was sold on cyber orange until I sat down and went through the book.

See ya,

Pat

OP
OP
Heffe66413

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did not like it until I saw it in person, actually I hated it and now it's a toss up between Area 51 and Cactus Gray on the color I'm getting.
It good to hear that.

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Color is not changing... lighting is changing and different cameras/screens/prints render colors differently!

omg... it’s time to get these at dealers and stop speculations!

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just went to look at the Area 51 Bronco Sport that came in to my local Ford dealer. Tried to get there before sunset but got there right as the light was dying. Made me think the color is much darker than I thought at night, but probably becomes fairly baby blue during bright day light. Included a couple pics. Also checked out a mustang and f-150 in Velocity Blue which I really like as well, but there was another small SUV in Velocity Blue Metallic and I did not like it as much. So pretty sure I'm going Area 51, my wife is 100% sure I am going Area 51 lol. Also side note, The Bronco Sport is actually a cool little car. The Badlands with the 1" lift and the dark gray steel rims make it look pretty rugged and cool.

Ford Bronco Area 51 color shifting concerns 1606797417890

Ford Bronco Area 51 color shifting concerns 1606797464109

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just went to look at the Area 51 Bronco Sport that came in to my local Ford dealer. Tried to get there before sunset but got there right as the light was dying. Made me think the color is much darker than I thought at night, but probably becomes fairly baby blue during bright day light. Included a couple pics. Also checked out a mustang and f-150 in Velocity Blue which I really like as well, but there was another small SUV in Velocity Blue Metallic and I did not like it as much. So pretty sure I'm going Area 51, my wife is 100% sure I am going Area 51 lol. Also side note, The Bronco Sport is actually a cool little car. The Badlands with the 1" lift and the dark gray steel rims make it look pretty rugged and cool.

The a51 in your bottom photo looks amazing to me because it has hints of blue and grey. But then you see it in some threads and it's baby blue. No doubt the different lighting.

I ordered a sample of the paint, so I hopefully can't check this off my list

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The a51 in your bottom photo looks amazing to me because it has hints of blue and grey. But then you see it in some threads and it's baby blue. No doubt the different lighting.

I ordered a sample of the paint, so I hopefully can't check this off my list
There is definitely some gray in it. Especially at night you can see it easily.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I asked @LEGEND about Area 51. He said it was tweaked so in the beginning we def saw two different shades of color. The Frankenbroncs I think we're a different shades. Maybe lighter! Def some pictures it looked more Robins Egg. Now it's locked in as the color we've saw lately. Which I think is darker! Especially now since the Sports are rolling out I'd say they got it figured out!!
Sponsored