First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The obx is meant to be the mall crawler. The wildtrak is meant to be the go big or go home which includes luxury looks of the obx and a mix of badlands capability. A hybrid if you will

First edition is all of the above

Thats how I interpreted the trims anyhow
I can't speak for big bend or black diamond
Black Diamond is the more affordable Bad Lands. Big Bend ?‍♂
Sponsored

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew about the 33” tires. I just didn’t know the OBX had a lower suspension than a non Squatch badlands. I thought if you squatched an OBX it would sit just like a squatched badlands.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did it have a number written on the windshield?! Knowing that the last we seen. #44 out in the wild. Makes me wanna try to keep track. I find it kinda fascinating!

A51 is truly a nice color! Bronco looks good! Beefy!
Train spotting? ?

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big SQ Flares do not look good.
They delete the visual emphasis on the largeness of the wheels. Which is what 95% of people buy the SQ package for, I could argue not the capability, but the look.

I guess you could space out the wheels.
Or - get the regular flares.....
Or - don't buy SQ and get the components to lift yourself, which may cost more than the SQ package.

Anyone have a parts-specific list of what the SQ package includes - besides the wheels and tires?
The Ford site is vague - and I am guessing its WAY more than just the Bilsteins....

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew about the 33” tires. I just didn’t know the OBX had a lower suspension than a non Squatch badlands. I thought if you squatched an OBX it would sit just like a squatched badlands.
It will...because they are both squatched. All Sasquatch suspensions are the same.

Sponsored

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not talking about tire size. Several posts back someone said the badlands had 1” more lift than an OBX. Lift and tire size are not the same thing. I was under the impression that if all trim levels had 33s or 35s and no Squatch they would all be the same Height

tbeadle

Badlands
First Name
Triston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is so blue, now i have to re-evaluate my color *cries*

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They delete the visual emphasis on the largeness of the wheels. Which is what 95% of people buy the SQ package for, I could argue not the capability, but the look.

Or - don't buy SQ and get the components to lift yourself, which may cost more than the SQ package.

Anyone have a parts-specific list of what the SQ package includes - besides the wheels and tires?
The Ford site is vague - and I am guessing its WAY more than just the Bilsteins....

I agree that this truck does not look good! I hope it's a mashup of different parts to create a usable test vehicle. I would have hoped for a more aggressive stance, track width, and tire tread on the Squatch! This looks a little taller, but quite stock and plain! Crestfallen.... If this really is a Squatch, I would rethink and build one up with aftermarket parts.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The Squatch has a lot better stanch from the front/rear than the stock Badlands even with the wider flares . In fact at the East coast event my wife asked what tires the Overland Bronco had on it and when I explained the Squatch she said you need to get that :)

Stock Badlands 33"
Ford Bronco Area 51 Outer Banks with Sasquatch and soft top out in the wild 20201009_164332

35" with squatch fenders

Ford Bronco Area 51 Outer Banks with Sasquatch and soft top out in the wild 20201009_165330

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Squatch has a lot better stanch from the front/rear than the stock Badlands even with the wider flares . In fact at the East coast event my wife asked what tires the Overland Bronco had on it and when I explained the Squatch she said you need to get that :)

Stock Badlands 33"
20201009_164332.jpg

35" with squatch fenders

20201009_165330.jpg
I've looked at so many Bronco pics over the last few months, yet I had never noticed the bumper extension mud flap thingies on the squatch until your comparison. Or at least had never noticed that it was unique to the package.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've looked at so many Bronco pics over the last few months, yet I had never noticed the bumper extension mud flap thingies on the squatch until your comparison. Or at least had never noticed that it was unique to the package.
Yes it really lets you visualize how much wider the squatch wheels and tires are over the stock BL 33's .

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both of you, thanks for posting! 1. This looks so much better! I can't wait to see them in person. Multiple trim levels so I can make decisions based on real data! 2. I also note in that Squatch photo there is a taper or extra impression made into the rear of that fender flare. Kinda cool.

Okay, I'm pumped again :)

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The obx is meant to be the mall crawler. The wildtrak is meant to be the go big or go home which includes luxury looks of the obx and a mix of badlands capability. A hybrid if you will

First edition is all of the above

Thats how I interpreted the trims anyhow
I can't speak for big bend or black diamond
Base and Black Diamond are obviously the retro-style, utilitarian/practical trims. Big Bend and Outer Banks are the mall crawlers like you said. Badlands and Wildtrak are the more serious wild animals. I appreciate that Ford put different grills on them to help us know which ones are which.??
Sponsored