First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a blue Bronco sport at my local dealer today, so I called and asked what color it was because it was much darker than what I thought Area 51 would be, and when the girl that answered the phone told me it was area 51 I was very disappointed o_O because from most of the pictures I have seen Area 51 looked much lighter, and from people that have seen it they said that it looked like light blue, but from what I saw that is not the case. Unfortunately it is not the color for me, so my choices are now between Carbonized Grey, and White. Not happy at all now. I really was hoping for a lighter blue like baby blue or turquoise blue. I suggest any one that has chosen this color to go to their local dealer and see it in person to make sure it is the color for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Skernie

Skernie

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree with people needing new eyes that say it is close to baby blue. No it was not that dark. but it was no where close to being light blue, it is in the medium blue range IMO.
Well, you have to consider your source...

You called 'some girl' at the dealer.......

OP
OP
Skernie

Skernie

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, you have to consider your source...

You called 'some girl' at the dealer.......
I took a good look as I passed by on the way home, and I am sure that this is Area 51, it is just not as light as I have seen in some pictures.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took a good look as I passed by on the way home, and I am sure that this is Area 51, it is just not as light as I have seen in some pictures.
Gotcha. Was it cloudy or in the shade? Having seen area 51 myself, in person, up close in different lighting, it's definitely one of those that almost changes colors.

It's definitely a good thing you're realizing this now at least

Btw I never agreed with the baby blue concept.

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is lighter than what’s pictured above. Lighting makes a difference. Saw this guy on Wednesday. It was completely overcast.

Ford Bronco Area 51 78E97128-E373-405C-BD8A-994B2BEABFA2

Ford Bronco Area 51 A3477065-AB1F-4C37-A31D-DE666111293F

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure I would pick vehicle colors based on a drive by of a dealership on the road. Interesting.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is not Area 51, probably Alto Blue. I have seen Area 51 on a Sport, and this ain't it...

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Idk if this helps at all... But this is exactly what it looks like lol. It looks as blue, light, dark, and as gray as this picture...
Ford Bronco Area 51 E6E71FB9-1112-4735-B056-BE9340D0C1E8

Sponsored

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The one at Simi Ford is definitely Area 51. My friend texted me the other day about that one actually, been meaning to go see that in person myself. It depends on the lighting for sure on the shade of blue it looks.

OP
OP
Skernie

Skernie

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I would pick vehicle colors based on a drive by of a dealership on the road. Interesting.
Well when you are only about 8 feet away, and going about 10 MPH I would say that you get a pretty good look.

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live near where they are being built and have seem two Area 51 Broncos in passing on the highway ( in sun and clouds). Both times I was surprised at how dark they looked compared to photos. That being said, I actually liked it better a few shades darker.

If you go and get the 2021 paint color book from your dealer, that book seems pretty close to the real life Area 51s I have seen. But don’t be scared off by how dark the square looks, I think it looks a lot better on an actual vehicle. A51 is still the color for me.

As a side note, the carbonized gray top was also much darker than I thought and I liked that as well.

OP
OP
Skernie

Skernie

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one at Simi Ford is definitely Area 51. My friend texted me the other day about that one actually, been meaning to go see that in person myself. It depends on the lighting for sure on the shade of blue it looks.
When you get a chance to stop by and take a look, please let us know what your opinion is. Thanks.
Sponsored