Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with Capable because it helped me get mine sooner. There are two, if not 3 winch mounts that work with it. I added the RC High winch mount with a Smittybilt winch, works great. Just drill into the capable bumper if you need to add something else. Don't get me wrong, I'd order the Modular if it didn't hold things up, but the Capable bumper ended up fine for me.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back during Bronco rollout the mod, nee HD, bumper was standard on the BL. Now it's an upgrade but I left it with the now-standard capable in my build as I don't care for the way winches mount to the mod. While I think Ford did a good job with the mod on designing a bumper that fairs in smoothly with the body lines it all goes to sh** quickly once a winch gets mounted (IMO). When the time comes for a winch I'll spend the $$ on a better bumper and in the meantime I'll have fogs with factory dash wiring that I'll be able to piggy-back off of later on. My build isn't scheduled until March so still plenty of time but if it was today I'd probably get the JCR Offroad Vanguard (and it kills me to see it on sale but I've got a "don't buy sh** until the vehicle's here" policy).

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the base bumper with fog lights and parking sensors on my OBX. Found a take off Mod bumper locally for $400.

Bought the correct intercooler brackets ($165 for the pair) instead of cutting the loops on the stock ones as I had bent one of them while in Moab.

Had to buy different sensor retainers, evidently they are different for each bumper style. Set of 4 was $60.

Totally happy with the swap and all in it cost me $625 in parts. EASY to swap, pop off the covers and there are only 6 bolts that attach it to the frame rails.

Hoping I can find someone to buy my plastic bumper/factory fogs to recoup a little of the cash. Even if it never sells, I’m still happy.
Do you have part numbers for the brackets and sensor retainers?

I wish take offs were easier to come by, they seem to be snatched up very quickly.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The factory fogs are pretty weak anyway. Don't you have to cut some structure for the mod?

Sponsored

PorkchopExpress

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,Toyota Supra LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ive driven my Bronco 30k already. I thought it was a waste to upgrade my bumper until I hit a Buck going 70 mph on the highway.My bumper and safari bar saved my Bronco. I replaced the grill because it cracked and the cruise control sensor. Im very happy with my bumper choice.

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went Capable but only because we planned on changing it and it offered a way to get another switch on the dash while not talking up an upfitter slot. I was originally gung-ho about the Mod bumper but upon seeing pics of it with the winch mount immediately changed my mind for something fully integrated in the aftermarket. We've had the bronco for 9 months and I still haven't changed it out OR made a decision on which one to go with.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really appreciate everyone's feedback and opinion. I have decided to amend my order for the modular bumper. I did that this morning at my dealer and have a new printed copy of my DORA reflecting the change. I lose the in-dash fog light switch, but save the money purchasing a modular bumper later and the hassle of switching it out. I do like the looks of the modular bumper better and I figure the aux witches are integrated for this reason, so I can add fog lights if I so chose.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sexy bumper vs lego brick, your choice

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ive driven my Bronco 30k already. I thought it was a waste to upgrade my bumper until I hit a Buck going 70 mph on the highway.My bumper and safari bar saved my Bronco. I replaced the grill because it cracked and the cruise control sensor. Im very happy with my bumper choice.
Same, I hit a doe going 60. Only damage was the grille, the plastic radiator shutters behind the grille and the right headlamp. Everything else was completely untouched thanks to the modular bumper

Sponsored

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have part numbers for the brackets and sensor retainers?

I wish take offs were easier to come by, they seem to be snatched up very quickly.

Sensor Retainers

M2DZ 15A862MA
M2DZ 15A862MB
M2DZ 15A862MC
M2DZ 15A862MD

Brackets

MB3Z6G079A
MB3Z6G079B

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not realize ford dropped the modular bumper as standard on 23 MY badlands

I ended up with the capable bumper and switched to modular when I brought it home. I will say the modular is in the neighborhood of 2 to 3 times heavier than the capable bumper.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not realize ford dropped the modular bumper as standard on 23 MY badlands

I ended up with the capable bumper and switched to modular when I brought it home. I will say the modular is in the neighborhood of 2 to 3 times heavier than the capable bumper.
Ford made this switch for MY *22* when the product line was "enhanced" by the addition of the Capable bumper replacing the Modular bumper as standard on both the Black Diamond and Badlands. Since then getting the mod bumper on a BL has been an option.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yea i have capable in my build- dealer could not swap it for me at the time. Love the look and the idea of being able to just bang into stuff without worrying about much. Buying parts from fords way too much IMO and i rather get a steel aftermarket one for the money. I do like the added lights and I like that it is steel with tow points. I do really want a rear steel OEM bumper and bash plates that I will buy. With the coupon bashplates were $800 installed.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the base bumper with fog lights and parking sensors on my OBX. Found a take off Mod bumper locally for $400.

Bought the correct intercooler brackets ($165 for the pair) instead of cutting the loops on the stock ones as I had bent one of them while in Moab.

Had to buy different sensor retainers, evidently they are different for each bumper style. Set of 4 was $60.

Totally happy with the swap and all in it cost me $625 in parts. EASY to swap, pop off the covers and there are only 6 bolts that attach it to the frame rails.

Hoping I can find someone to buy my plastic bumper/factory fogs to recoup a little of the cash. Even if it never sells, I’m still happy.
ame except I was able to use the sensor retainers by shelving the a bit with a razor. They work fine.
Sponsored