Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI for AZ buyers........ If you buy a car out of state then you have to pay a USE TAX in Arizona ( basically the tax you pay out of state must be equal or larger than our local taxes, so that you wont pay a USE TAX)

this link will help you do your final out the door cost ..... Granger IA charges %7 tax, then you need to add the cost of transport and or drive back to get your total cost

Granger Customer Service is the absolute best and i would love to do business with them but its a wash for me

https://usetax.az.gov/Home/VehicleUseTaxCalculator?Length=23
Sponsored

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
FYI for AZ buyers........ If you buy a car out of state then you have to pay a USE TAX in Arizona ( basically the tax you pay out of state must be equal or larger than our local taxes, so that you wont pay a USE TAX)

this link will help you do your final out the door cost ..... Granger IA charges %7 tax, then you need to add the cost of transport and or drive back to get your total cost

Granger Customer Service is the absolute best and i would love to do business with them but its a wash for me
Wouldn't Iowa's tax law be applicable as well?

Last edited:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger doesn’t charge sales tax for out of state residents. You will have to pay the tax amount for wherever you register the vehicle.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can't speak for Arizona, but you should only be paying taxes for where the car will be registered. I recently did an out of state deal and had a car shipped to me. I paid no tax or registration fees to NC. Now when I registered the car in Illinois I had to provide the bill of sale and pay the Illinois department of revenue their cut on the purchase amount.

Dealers in neighboring states can often work deals for your tax locality, but multiple states away it will become more difficult for them to do easily.

Also looking at your calculator it says there's no use tax due?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealerships charge tax? I've bought vehicles in several states and always paid sales tax at registration.

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also looking at your calculator it says there's no use tax due?
i entered some fictitious info to see what i get .... nothing is due cuz out of sate tax rate was higher

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealerships charge tax? I've bought vehicles in several states and always paid sales tax at registration.
Well, the dealership can do it online, there and then.
And print up an AZ temp tag.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As stated, Iowa (where Granger is) and many other states DO NOT charge tax to out of state purchasers.

The buyer will only need to pay tax to their home state.

The premise of this thread is fundamentally flawed.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Arizona Tax dilemna 1604054134205

The use tax rate appears to be 5.6%, the same rate as if you purchased a car. Your locality might add some additional taxes. Granger shouldn't charge you tax, so you should be fine.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You are obliged to pay up the difference if you paid tax locally and less than in AZ.
My experience is mixed with "import" from CA. On one side the doc fee is $85 and with better deals there, it is worth to at least compare. My last purchase From Hertz Car Sales in LA was suboptimal, they refused NOT to pay the local tax at whopping 10.25% but the deal justified it. Another time got a replacement new car delivered on truck home and it still made sense, paid use tax at MVD.
Currently have my Bronco res in LAX.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has been covered many times. Granger is not charging tax to out of state customers.
Sponsored