toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
In this day and age of car greenhouses imitating pillboxes, resting your arm on the open window sill is as endangered as manual transmissions. The Bronco side window doesn’t look particularly low.

Thoughts on how well the Bronco is designed for driving with arm resting on the open window sill? Anyone on here that has set in a prototype checked this out? This is hugely important to me and is my only area of concern with the Bronco.

8/21 Edit:

Excellent News!!! Someone in Marketing had our Backs!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca... -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
As someone who drives with my windows open a lot I agree. Would like to know.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good news is if you get an automatic you can dangle your clutch foot out....

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No snark. This may be the most interesting thing I've read here yet. Here's a guy who's chief concern when buying a new vehicle is whether or not he can comfortably rest his arm on the open window sill. Toystwo, would you cancel the purchase of your Bronco should it be a bad fit? Is the determination immediate, like when trying out a couch? You sit in it, roll down the window, stick your left arm out, and say nuh-uh, not gonna work? I do the same with wonky shopping carts. I remember my 911 (997.2) having kinda high window sills, does yours fit you well? What year is it?

Absolutely fascinating

Nate

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is a good point that in all my driving years never occurred to me. I‘m going to rate arm on the window on a scale of 1 to 5 Broncos (this may get confusing) with a Jeep 1/2 door being a 5 (is it the best?) Broncos. Given the clutch foot idea I’ll spot the Bronco 1 Bronco on the rating scale.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is a good point that in all my driving years never occurred to me. I‘m going to rate arm on the window on a scale of 1 to 5 Broncos (this may get confusing) with a Jeep 1/2 door being a 5 (is it the best?) Broncos. Given the clutch foot idea I’ll spot the Bronco 1 Bronco on the rating scale.
i would have to rate 80’s and 90’s Chevys being a 8 on a 1-5 scale is the jeep is a 5, jeep is nowhere the best. You get a left arm tan in those with the windows up!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From this photo, it looks like it should work.

Ford Bronco Arm Out the Window - How Does it Score? 1596079317356

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

? I've seen this quite a few times with drivers hanging their left foot out the window... 1st How?? Even if I could get my foot up that high my long leg is gonna put my knee in my chest. 2nd Why? Is it really even comfortable? lol

But yes as a person who drives with the windows down even into the early stages of Texas summers it is essential that I can comfortably dangle my arm out the window.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Toystwo, would you cancel the purchase of your Bronco should it be a bad fit? Is the determination immediate, like when trying out a couch? You sit in it, roll down the window, stick your left arm out, and say nuh-uh, not gonna work?
Yes, I would seriously consider not purchasing based on window sill. I have way too many cars (the signature line ran out of characters so I didn’t even list them all) so I don’t need a Bronco and shouldn’t buy one. So if it’s not near perfect for top down driving I may not pull the trigger. Yes also to its an immediate thing, stick your arm there and you know if it works.

My 911 is a 997.2 convertible (couldn’t live with that IMS FEAR so just avoided it) and that window sill is too high but doable for stretches of time. The rest of the car makes up for it though, and I really do not have any big thing for speed.

By the way the Tracker (first gen) is a 5 on the Bronco scale (I’ve made this scale nomenclature as confusing as possible).

Sponsored

IIISHIFTYIII

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If its nice enough for the windows to be all the way down then its nice enough for the doors to be off...

But in all seriousness I think it will be quite comfortable. My jeep full doors seem to come up to about the same as the bronco around mid/lower bicep and I have always been quite comfortable resting my arm on the sill/hand out the window.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m short so my arm should rest comfortably out of the low window opening seen on the cyber orange reveal vehicle.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
From this photo, it looks like it should work.
That picture actually looks concerning to me. That seems very high. It’s not comfortable if your arm is jacked up near your shoulder. That said, I‘m not exactly sure where my arm is in relation to my body in vehicles that have what I consider low/comfortable sills. I’ll need to check that out.
Sponsored