Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That article is both super tragic and super informative. Thank you for sharing!
It appears those Broncos were either totaled or wrecked, maybe they could've been saved but who knows. The tests they did weren't without merit, what they learned will help responders save Bronco owners in the event of a serious wreck, and it gives us some insight as to how the structure was put together at the same time. If you want to talk about tragic, check out the videos of all the warbirds they scrapped right after WWII. That was a lot of senseless destruction just to recycle the aluminum into beer cans or cheap postwar pots and pans that were probably thrown in the trash soon after.
Sponsored

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A couple new videos added to Instagram to show some details of the top. Looks like itā€™s coming along

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For anyone interested: I am going on a ā€œwork tripā€ for a few months and volunteered my Bronco Raptor to be used for R&D. Iā€™ll share some pictures whenever they have the chance to get it on and test it out!

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks 'Mad Max' style!
You need a lot more spikes and body parts and rust to go mad max, this is more like an up-armored humvee with bolt on ballistic glass panels

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interested to see how uninsulated aluminum painted black affects interior temps out in the middle of a Texas summer.
Iā€™m leaning towards adding the insulation, but the soft top has been letting a lot of heat in this summerā€¦itā€™s been tough to keep rear passenger cool considering the lack of rear air vents šŸ™„. Thereā€™s definitely an engineer smarter than me who can do the calculations, but I was wondering if the aluminum might not be better than the soft top, given how poor a conductor aluminum is.
Sponsored