Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m having a problem finding this product at my local 4wp dealer page, might have to contact them and order by phone (currently outside the US for a few months)

can anyone provide a link to order?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the ARB Skids on my Ranger, but not on my Bronco yet. I have to guess that it is the same material on both. I can, however, attest that I have beat these things pretty well and they hold up great! No issues at all.

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't see any provisions or removeable panels for draining the oil.
About 95 lbs.
This kit offers no additional fuel tank protection.

1. how do you reach the oil pan drain plug?
2. how much does it all weigh?
3. how much extra for protecting the gas tank?

Thanks.

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No fitment issues whatsoever. It went together beautifully. The instructions were a little off as you have to use stock hardware in certain holes that they tell you to use their mounting hardware. There's also one spot where they flip the orientation of the instructions from looking down to looking up but it was easy to catch as it was the last skid plate going on and it couldn't go where the fuel tank is.

This skids don't hang down very much below the frame and provide much better coverage over the stock skids.

Unlike some systems this one doesn't go below the crossmember braces for the 2.7 l. It does fill up the gap in between them so it creates a little bit of a plane but they're still out there.

Sorry for the mud, we had just came back from a run.

Ford Bronco Armor for your Bronco: ARB’s Under Vehicle Protection System / Skid Plates 20220626_092419
Ford Bronco Armor for your Bronco: ARB’s Under Vehicle Protection System / Skid Plates 20220626_092431
Ford Bronco Armor for your Bronco: ARB’s Under Vehicle Protection System / Skid Plates 20220626_092448
Ford Bronco Armor for your Bronco: ARB’s Under Vehicle Protection System / Skid Plates 20220626_092521

Some side shots of how the transmission skid plate sits? If it hangs low or if it is tucked up inside the frame a little? How far back does the transfer case skid go? I feel the shock transfer case skid should extend back farther. Thanks for the pictures, nice to see some welds and bolt location. Any fitment issues?

Last edited:

WilPower

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

WilPower

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased ARB's rear bumper because of how it looked and I have been on the fence about getting the matching new Zenith front bumper. This matching skid set sealed the deal for me and is a good price/value from an experienced reputable dealer. I will piece out the fuel tank skid, lower arm and other underside protection but this takes care of a good chunk of it and looks really good.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1. how do you reach the oil pan drain plug?
2. how much does it all weigh?
3. how much extra for protecting the gas tank?

Thanks.
I will give you an answer for number 1. If you are doing your own oil change, this is where the ARB skids are not so good. You have to remove the front most plate (heavy) and remove all the blots from the second plate. The second plate did not come off at least I could not get the second plate off. It hinged to the third plate and this is where I ran into a problem. It does not hinge all the way; it is about a 45 degree angle. I could not get a bucket/pan directly under the oil plug - turned out to be a big oily mess. If you get it done at shop/dealer - I suppose it would work with the oil stands they use but it does not work at home.

Last edited:

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DV8. The are beasts and cover the exposed lower shock bolts
Yup I have the same. you lose a little bit of clearance but rather have the bolt protected than deal with a stripped bolt later. easy to install too (except one bolt I had to run out to the store and get an M6 bolt because of the way the LCA was casted)

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to source slightly longer lower shock bolts as the Icon lift has you hammering out the studs and using their hardware, which doesn't account for the added thickness of the control arm skid.

Yup I have the same. you lose a little bit of clearance but rather have the bolt protected than deal with a stripped bolt later. easy to install too (except one bolt I had to run out to the store and get an M6 bolt because of the way the LCA was casted)
Sponsored