Sponsored

You would be interested in an Armorlite floor system, and you currently have this configuration:

• Total voters

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! I’ve been looking forward to this. One of my buddies has a jeep with your floors in it and it’s awesome! Better get on it quick though, rumor has it that ford is making washout floor standard on most of the trim levels. I was thinking about ordering the factory washout floor from the parts department but I may wait around to see what you have to offer. The factory washout floor was priced at around $850 for the floor and drain plugs. Looking forward to the progress!
Another thing that may have been mentioned already, I didn’t read through this whole thread, and I’m not sure if ford fixed this issue. But the factory floor molds around the under seat vents which leaves a hole for water and moisture to get between the body and the floor
Sponsored

flebaum

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not sure how soon we can do the 2 door. Honestly the demand voiced in this thread has shown us there is more of a potential market for 2 door than we initially thought. So we are talking about it more now.
Add me to the interest list for a 2 door (I’m built, waiting to ship).

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 4dr WT, 18 JLU Wrangler, 18 JKU Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another thing that may have been mentioned already, I didn’t read through this whole thread, and I’m not sure if ford fixed this issue. But the factory floor molds around the under seat vents which leaves a hole for water and moisture to get between the body and the floor
I have heard this before, what would you suggest we do instead?

There is not enough room under the duct to run our floor under it. I don’t think customers want it sealed off right?

Would love to hear suggestions for this one.

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard this before, what would you suggest we do instead?

There is not enough room under the duct to run our floor under it. I don’t think customers want it sealed off right?

Would love to hear suggestions for this one.
Well shoot. I didn’t know there wasn’t enough room under the duct to have flooring. I don’t think sealing off the vent is a good idea but I also don’t think having that opening under it is good either.

My 2 door doesn’t have that vent under the seat so it sounds like the 4 doors are the only one that you’d have trouble with. I’m not sure how the duct is secured where it’s at but could you possibly make a spacer to lift it up a little to get the flooring underneath?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any progress on a time frame for a two door setup?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well shoot. I didn’t know there wasn’t enough room under the duct to have flooring. I don’t think sealing off the vent is a good idea but I also don’t think having that opening under it is good either.

My 2 door doesn’t have that vent under the seat so it sounds like the 4 doors are the only one that you’d have trouble with. I’m not sure how the duct is secured where it’s at but could you possibly make a spacer to lift it up a little to get the flooring underneath?
There is a similar setup on wrangler and it has never been an issue unless you are fully submerged, not sure why this has came up so many times for Bronco, I am guessing one person pointed it out then if stemmed from there.

If you look at the topography of the floor the section under the floor where this vent resides is roughly 2" higher than the main footwell section. The other thing to note is that the holes in the existing floors for the seats are roughly the same height, so if you seal off the vent or work around it, the seat holes would still be an entry point. Granted they have plastic foot covers but these do not provide a water seal. Also the edge of the floor is lower than any of that. We are trying to see how much of a retention flange we can keep under the trim to help this area.

Just like our Wrangler floor, these floors do not provide a water tight seal, they are meant for doing well in rain when the drain plug is open. But crossing a green dirty river is still going to be an issue.
For that scenario any floor covering is probably not going to be optimal. You could still run our floor or something like it but if that water is dirty or if you fear it wont evaporate, you will want to remove the floor and let it dry.

The trade off for not being water tight? We can ship it and you can install it, and it will have an insulator to provide thermal protection as well as acoustic improvement. We use polyester insulation to provide this performance, it does not absorb liquid as it is basically plastic fiber.

Circling back to the vent issue, we are looking at ways to divert any water, but for general use it will be best to not block it, we will look into the posibility to raise the vent.

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any progress on a time frame for a two door setup?
Right now we do not have timelines set for either 4 or 2 door. We will announce it once we are further into development. This thread was started during the initial development phase.

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a similar setup on wrangler and it has never been an issue unless you are fully submerged, not sure why this has came up so many times for Bronco, I am guessing one person pointed it out then if stemmed from there.

If you look at the topography of the floor the section under the floor where this vent resides is roughly 2" higher than the main footwell section. The other thing to note is that the holes in the existing floors for the seats are roughly the same height, so if you seal off the vent or work around it, the seat holes would still be an entry point. Granted they have plastic foot covers but these do not provide a water seal. Also the edge of the floor is lower than any of that. We are trying to see how much of a retention flange we can keep under the trim to help this area.

Just like our Wrangler floor, these floors do not provide a water tight seal, they are meant for doing well in rain when the drain plug is open. But crossing a green dirty river is still going to be an issue.
For that scenario any floor covering is probably not going to be optimal. You could still run our floor or something like it but if that water is dirty or if you fear it wont evaporate, you will want to remove the floor and let it dry.

The trade off for not being water tight? We can ship it and you can install it, and it will have an insulator to provide thermal protection as well as acoustic improvement. We use polyester insulation to provide this performance, it does not absorb liquid as it is basically plastic fiber.

Circling back to the vent issue, we are looking at ways to divert any water, but for general use it will be best to not block it, we will look into the posibility to raise the vent.
Great. I wasn’t aware of the same thing being reported on jeeps but if it doesn’t seem to be a big issue with them then I can’t imagine it will be a big issue with the broncos.

You are correct in that it may just be something somebody pointed out once and it got turned into a big talking point but I actually can’t say I’ve heard anybody actually having a problem with a ton of water getting underneath the factory flooring option. Unless like you said they submerge the floor pan

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm planning on being an first day order. Should I be getting an OEM vinyl cargo area or will armorlite have that included?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm planning on being an first day order. Should I be getting an OEM vinyl cargo area or will armorlite have that included?
We do not have a launch date set right now, tool cutting is a lengthy process but we are getting ready to kick them off. I think 2024 Q1 is a safe bet.

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We do not have a launch date set right now, tool cutting is a lengthy process but we are getting ready to kick them off. I think 2024 Q1 is a safe bet.
Does that mean they will or won't include the cargo area?

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does that mean they will or won't include the cargo area?
The release that is in motion right now is just for a floor system.

I cannot comment on what our intentions are with the cargo area at this time. But I assure you something is in the works.

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Obx SaS/2021 Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking forward to the release. My Obx will thank you.