Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool article and vids of Dearborn Ford assembly lines of the F150. Put out about 1300 trucks a day.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/how-long-does-it-take-to-assemble-a-pickup-truck/
I've lived in metro Detroit my whole life and somehow I've never been in an assembly plant, despite many friends and family working for the big three. I'm actually quite shocked at how much of the assembly line is automated now. I mean, I knew it wasn't like it was in the 70's and 80's anymore, but damn - hardly any warm bodies in there.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've lived in metro Detroit my whole life and somehow I've never been in an assembly plant, despite many friends and family working for the big three. I'm actually quite shocked at how much of the assembly line is automated now. I mean, I knew it wasn't like it was in the 70's and 80's anymore, but damn - hardly any warm bodies in there.
I thought the same thing, thought I'd see more line workers.

OP
OP
dejones64

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Super Cool. Wish they could be making 1300 Broncos a day.
That was my thinking when I saw this. Maybe they can once they get ramped up and going full steam ahead.

Sponsored

yeet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should check out the Rouge Factory Tour (when it opens back up). Really cool to see the F150 assembly line running.

The areas highlighted in the video - body construction and final inspection - is heavily automated, but the final assembly area, where all the interior and trim pieces are installed, is mostly done by line workers.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Super Cool. Wish they could be making 1300 Broncos a day.
Soooo 230,000 preordered Broncos. 6500 a week, if they only make Broncos that’s quite the backlog

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should check out the Rouge Factory Tour (when it opens back up). Really cool to see the F150 assembly line running.

The areas highlighted in the video - body construction and final inspection - is heavily automated, but the final assembly area, where all the interior and trim pieces are installed, is mostly done by line workers.
I second that.
It's a pretty cool tour.

My grandfather and his fellow Henry Ford Trade School Alumni dedicated a statue for Henry Ford and the Trade School. Used to sit near the Museum's theater, but when the F-150 tour opened and the "Ride Along the Assembly Line" experience moved to the Tour entry Hall, they moved the statue with it.
There's some pretty cool cars in the hall, before the tour as well. One of the earliest Mustangs in the Museums collection is there.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will do, thanks!

BroncoRN

Badlands
First Name
Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Range Rover & Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much for sharing the link to that really cool video. Love F-150s!

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was my thinking when I saw this. Maybe they can once they get ramped up and going full steam ahead.
Likely not in the realm of possibility. The dearborn truck plant is the most important building in the WORLD for Ford. As such, they do everything they can to produce as many trucks as possible. Pouring all their resources into it.

Bronco will not receive the same love.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And this is the reason that there are always issues with trim both interior and exterior. lmao
Sponsored