Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regardless of outcome this Bronco will probably be my last Ford. They have completely soured the entire experience. I still have a hard time understanding how a vehicle launch can be botched at such an unbelievable level. The only thing that saves Ford in this is there is literally no other newly released vehicle to be excited about.
Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In another thread it was clearly shown that FROM the BEGINNING orders were going to get filled based on reservation dates subject to parts constraints and dealer allocations. Ford said that from the beginning before orders started to be placed.
If I remember correctly any mention of allocations wasn't until 2 months after the beginning (July 13 2020).

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the argument that all the folks absolving Ford eventually use. Perhaps you might like to consider the two statements that Ford consistently repeated; Reservations converted to orders, in order. (Minor deviations due to logistics) and All reservations before dealer stock (again small deviations for logistics). Had Ford kept either one of these promises, promises which are the entire backbone of the reservation system, the only reason to get one, all reservations would be completed in 2022.

Let that sink in... Everyone with a reservation had the reasonable expectation of a Bronco in 2022 at the latest, that is part of the mental equation of the worst case scenario in their choice of dealers. Dealers acted under this assumptions as well. They had no inkling that Ford would change the basic tenets of the reservation program and they, at least in Granger's case, told later reservation holders coming on board that they would be waiting until late 2022 in many cases.

So, if Ford kept any of the terms it set up under the reservation system, it would have been reasonable and actually smart for dealers to go the high volume route, happy customers for the dealer and a chance to grow when Ford went back to the normal allocation system for the Bronco.

Ford CHOOSES to ignore the promises of their reservation system, blame the end consumer for being stupid enough to believe they ever meant it, demands the final consumer find a shorter line with no information available, dealers don't want more reservations with the current allocation formula, it will either delay when they can be serviced or eat into stock allocations they can ADM.

If you don't understand the fury directed at Ford, this should have cleared it up. If still unsure, read it again until it sinks in as to what Ford did by going back on the terms of the reservations.
Jake, good post. But, it just won't sink into this guy. Hell, he doesn't even have a reservation. His avatar says "undecided". I still suspect he is actually Henry Ford V, or works for a big dealer somehwere. He just won't admit it......

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford could have taken the honorable route here ā€” the route that everyone understands, in their bones, to be the right one: Fulfill orders by time stamp, subject to supply availability.

Instead, theyā€™ve taken the lawyerly ā€œfine printā€ route and caved to ADM dealers. This behavior is anti-enthusiast, anti-loyalty, and anti-consumer. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve rationalized it away in their own minds. ā€œPeople should have known better! In what world did you think Granger would get 1,000 Broncos, losers??ā€
I would caution your error in logic. You are stating as fact something that A) hasn't occurred. B) is just a "what if" scenario. C) assumes the truthfulness or full understanding of the people communicating the message to you(us).

You talk about the "honorable route", but has Ford not delivered vehicles in roughly the rsvp order? It seems they have. Most people who have gotten Broncos are early, first or second day reservation holders. You assume it will be 2023 or 2024 before orders from certain dealership get delivered, but that is total speculation based on biased opinions from people (dealerships) with strong vested interests. You don't think they have an interest in getting thousands of their customers mad enough to rattle the tree or convert to another vehicle they can sell? Of course none of them want to own any error in judgement either. They want to convert angry order holders into happy customers, however that happens, and I don't blame them either.

Ford is not perfect and they have made quite a few mistakes during this roll out, and they will make more. Have they acted in a dishonorable way though? They communicated delays, they communicated issues with the tops. They have a portal that allows you to see where you are in the production pipeline. I don't like they delays, but I have always known about them. What else do you expect?

I guess I don't confuse mistakes or incompetence with dishonor or ill intent.

Edit: I know not everybody will agree with this, which is fine. I do believe that every time Ford communicated a change or delay, you had an equal opportunity to exit the pipeline. If you chose to move forward with the process, then I think you have a role to play in your own unhappiness with this process. I chose to stay, even through the delays and issues. I didn't have to, I chose to...and so did all of you.

Last edited:

Scotsman61

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I spoke with a dealer today that said he didnā€™t anticipate a wait longer than 8 weeks for a ā€˜22 if I order tomorrow. Then I check this Website and I see ā€œyearsā€, so confused. Can anyone explain why everyone thinks 2 doors wonā€™t happen until ā€˜23? I thought theyā€™d figured out this top situation. Iā€™ve spent more time than in proud of scouring this website, and it conflicts with everything I hear from The dealer. Obviously dealers
May not always be correct or
Honest, but where does all of this info
Come from? I doubt the dealer was 100% on, but I also doubt the doom and gloom here, there is money to be made by selling cars, not holding outā€¦
They are building 2 doors 7/14/20 reservation @ 6:11 am and it is built.

Screenshot_20211013-051650_Gmail.jpg

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me after making a reservation for the new Bronco

Me after Ford dropped it's '22 allocation formula

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can only say this: Why have an allocation for 2022 at all!!! There are probably 110,000 orders (from reservations) being pushed to 2022. Based on production data, they can build all of that by the end of August. August 2022!!! So why are we hearing information that reservation/order holders may not even get their Bronco in 2022. Why?! I can think of only 2 reasons: 1. More Broncos are being produced and delivered outside of the reserved/order Group (us). 2. There are other issues that are preventing the ability for Ford to get to full production capacity (which they bragged about in late Summer 2021)....issues that like so many we have seen....are kept hush hush and then eventually dropped upon us like a bomb.

July 2022, many of us will have been at a 2 year wait and probably will still not have our Broncos. Many of us have laid down deposits and have altered life decisions that have caused us other personal issues and some financial losses. How much longer will we wait. How much more brand damage, self inflicted pain is Ford going to cause itself? I am a long time Ford customer, owning many Fords. But....this is getting to be draining and ridiculous.
Ford Bronco Article: Bronco reservations could be delayed for years. Screenshot_20211013-051650_Gmail
There's only one right answer: Large volume dealers want dealers stock on top of reservations to markup and sell as they see fit. That's the only right answer that makes sense to me.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There's only one right answer: Large volume dealers want dealers stock on top of reservations to markup and sell as they see fit. That's the only right answer that makes sense to me.
I agree Reese. The exact same dealers that had no problem with the '21 allocation formula until they found they wouldn't be able to sucker as many customers with a high ADM because a little guy out manuvered them.

Bronco-Israel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm certainly not going to promote the dealership model as the best sales model (nor am I implying that Teslas methodology works, because it's farcical and horrendous for the end-user), but there's going to be problems with any dealership, of any size, in any part of the country, in any market, submitting X thousand orders for a single model of vehicle for the same model year.

They could be ordering Flex's and it would take years for Ford to deliver enough units to fulfill the orders.

It's a bit self-serving of the B6g community to think that any single dealership would take delivery of that many units given the orders and volume that Bronco generated in a single model year.
I like the Tesla model, why not order directly from the manufacturer, with the options that you like, and no above MSRP prices?

Last edited:

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think this is a reasonable position to consider. Nothing that has been posted about the restructuring of allocations has emphatically stated that Ford is not sticking to its plan to fulfill all reservation-orders first. Once the Bronco is commodity-restrictions free and at full rate production, knocking out 1,000 units is week's worth of production.
Levine confirmed it right here. The "peasants" at the end is silent.

Ford Bronco Article: Bronco reservations could be delayed for years. 1634129502256

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If I remember correctly any mention of allocations wasn't until 2 months after the beginning (July 13 2020).

Yes, well before any orders were taken. Do all of you who are bitching so loudly and irrationally realize that for all of us Bronco order holders that did not order from Granger that we are better off? No one is getting screwed here, if you didn't buy from Granger at way back of invoice. The whole "reservations first" argument ignores that Ford clearly stated, BEFORE ANY ORDERS WERE TAKEN, that allocation would play a role. That is a clear, simple to recognize fact.

So, I'll agree that Ford changed how the allocation formula would work between 2021 and 2022. And I'll agree that Ford, between July 2020 and Sept 2020, apparently backed off of it's reservation date only policy. It could be easily argued that they clarified their position, but whatever, what they said changed, so ok, it changed. This was still before any orders. So, who is getting screwed here by Ford except people who bought at way back of invoice from a couple of dealerships? None of the rest of us are negatively impacted.

So, for all of us who are not negatively impacted, what is your argument that we should be all pissed off and blaming Ford? Blaming Ford for what?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with all the sentiment on this post and agree that Ford changing the rules in the middle of the game is a really crappy deal.

However, I think we have to remember why there is an issue too, they introduced a brand new, hot vehicle, in the middle of a pandemic. I donā€™t think Ford could have predicted the supply chain issues, as well as the dealer greed that occurs when they have a chance to exploit that supply chain issue. Hell walk into any car dealership right now and try to buy a car below MSRP, theyā€™ll laugh in your face. Supply chain and inflation is a massive issue across the country.

Now, was the MIC top issue in their control from the get go? Possibly, but this third party vendor in Wabasto was going to fake it until they made it not to disrupt the mother ship until it was too late.

I think at the end of the day, youā€™re going to see some dealer stock at the big boy dealerships next year, but that wonā€™t prevent ford from going outside the allocation to fulfill reservations. At the end of the day, if Grainger has a 1,000 remaining orders and only got allocated 200, I have serious doubts that Ford wonā€™t go outside that allocation to take care of reservation holders while at the same time getting a couple dealer stocks for the big boys to shut them up.

This could end up being Ford talking out of both sides of their mouth. Tell the big dealers what they want to hear, but meanwhile they just keep producing and shipping reservation orders beyond the allocations. We wonā€™t know for sure until 2022, but people should be holding fast, and not listening to the communications/PR mouth piece in Levine as I donā€™t think the guy actually has any clue beyond what the public knows as well.
I hope you're right.

I guess releasing this info (from Ford's perspective) would encourage people to move back to other dealers or cancel altogether. Decreasing the volume at Granger, SAC, Chapman, etc. which would alleviate the issue a bit.

Then, for example, you get to August/September, Granger is sitting on 400-500 orders, Ford could just knock them out by the end of the year. Some orders at that point, might 99 to wait the 4 months for the MOD top, which would decrease the number even more.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, well before any orders were taken. Do all of you who are bitching so loudly and irrationally realize that for all of us Bronco order holders that did not order from Granger that we are better off? No one is getting screwed here, if you didn't buy from Granger at way back of invoice. The whole "reservations first" argument ignores that Ford clearly stated, BEFORE ANY ORDERS WERE TAKEN, that allocation would play a role. That is a clear, simple to recognize fact.

So, I'll agree that Ford changed how the allocation formula would work between 2021 and 2022. And I'll agree that Ford, between July 2020 and Sept 2020, apparently backed off of it's reservation date only policy. It could be easily argued that they clarified their position, but whatever, what they said changed, so ok, it changed. This was still before any orders. So, who is getting screwed here by Ford except people who bought at way back of invoice from a couple of dealerships? None of the rest of us are negatively impacted.

So, for all of us who are not negatively impacted, what is your argument that we should be all pissed off and blaming Ford? Blaming Ford for what?
Ford also said orders would be filled in order of reservation timestamp and orders would be filled before dealers got any stock Broncos. I donā€™t care where you bought your Bronco. I just wish Fordā€™s representations were true.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Everyone else on a allocation list. First reserved are not first received.
Sorry, this is not logical at all. Everyone has been on some allocation from the beginning. My dealer is on the top 150 list. They got 60 2021 Broncos allocated and had over 100 orders, at MSRP. My order is going to be 2022. My order will be included in their 2022 allocation. So, how does your statement apply to me?

You know, basically a couple dealerships tried to scam the system, very clearly knowing what they were doing, and they took a whole pack of Bronco order holders with them. No one other than those people are negatively impacted by any of this. So, tell me why I should be pissed off at Ford?
Sponsored