First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The US legal system might not see it that way because its Jeep's home market, but a more neutral system wouldn't. I'm still not sure how they can trademark styling cues (outside of maybe a grill).

Also Mahindra could also put the screws to Jeep in India if they wanted to,which I'm sure would go in their favor.
Yeah the only thing current jeeps have in common with legendary cjs is a SFA and a fold down windshield. Although I was scoping a roxor out thinking if I bought it a swapped in my rebuilt drivetrain from my rusty 86 cj7 that i could swap the vin tag and put on a windshield and be good to go. But the things are just too expensive. Im pretty sure i could get a jeep underling(compass?) for the same price that they sell for out here and im halfway to India!
Sponsored

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would Ford "handicap" a vehicle to appeal to less then maybe 10% of the market?

The Bronco isn't a Wrangler clone-its going to be its own thing that happens to overlap with the Wrangler, which most of them are just fancy looking mall cruisers that drive like shit.
Ford and Ram dominate the heavy duty pickup market with their SFA trucks, while GMC and Chevy are considered weak with their IFS.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford and Ram dominate the heavy duty pickup market with their SFA trucks, while GMC and Chevy are considered weak with their IFS.
The F-150 is IFS and is the best selling truck in America for over 40 years. They switched from SFA to IFS years ago.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F150 is not a heavy duty pickup.
we say that, but a 2020 F-150 can out tow a 1995 F-250. But yeah, in the (actually need a) 3/4+ ton market the Ford and Dodge dominate primarily due to the axles.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F150 is not a heavy duty pickup.
My bad, missed the heavy duty part. Those vehicles are built generally for commercial use and hauling large loads. This isn't what the Bronco is for. The SFA argument can be hit on in the SFA/IFS thread. People saying Bronco is doomed and can't "eat Jeeps lunch" because it lacks a SFA are narrow sighted. That is one TINY piece of the pineapple pizza. Yes, SFA is great for extreme rock crawling. But for the average and above average consumer, they will never do this and the on-road characteristics of IFS is a better trade off.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll just say this: Keep in mind this is probably the most rugged and capable IFS put into any production vehicle in history. Will an SFA have advantages still? Sure. But I think the gap is being closed more than y’all think.

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll just say this: Keep in mind this is probably the most rugged and capable IFS put into any production vehicle in history. Will an SFA have advantages still? Sure. But I think the gap is being closed more than y’all think.
I agree.
Sponsored