indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did the H1 HUMMER come from a factory? Asking for a friend.......
H1 Hummer articulation was not so hot. And could be a bear to get through some trails due to width. I would take the Jeep Rubicon for most trails.
Ford Bronco Article: Ford predicts new Bronco will eat Jeep's lunch, lure customers from FCA 1592428689011
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we say that, but a 2020 F-150 can out tow a 1995 F-250. But yeah, in the (actually need a) 3/4+ ton market the Ford and Dodge dominate primarily due to the axles.
Yeah but you cant beat on it the same.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Article: Ford predicts new Bronco will eat Jeep's lunch, lure customers from FCA B9151556-0CFF-4C18-9F9D-68100CE3227A

not bad/ not good on the Ranger raptor. The bronco will take that to the next level! Bigger tires, longer travel suspension, longer arm, and sway disconnect.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Article: Ford predicts new Bronco will eat Jeep's lunch, lure customers from FCA B9151556-0CFF-4C18-9F9D-68100CE3227A

not bad/ not good on the Ranger raptor. The bronco will take that to the next level! Bigger tires, longer travel suspension, longer arm, and sway disconnect.
A LONG time ago @TeocaliMG commented on the ranger raptor vs Bronco. Basically IIRC he said that the two best off road vehicles on the planet is #1 wrangler, and #2 ranger raptor. And that Bronco will bridge the gap between them by being better than the ranger raptor in almost every way.

Take that as you will.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

H1 Hummer articulation was not so hot. And could be a bear to get through some trails due to width. I would take the Jeep Rubicon for most trails.
1592428689011.png
B9151556-0CFF-4C18-9F9D-68100CE3227A.jpeg

We will still be "hanging" the front tires on our Broncos only because that is the nature of an IFS. It will only have so much down travel. Not a big deal just adds to the pucker factor for those who have not experienced it. ;)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is a pic of the Haven Fun Ranger. This truck has about as much in just the suspension as the truck costs new. Loren Healy's facebook page is full of videos of it in Moab and let me tell you it STILL hangs the front tires in certain situations. But he will just "goose" the throttle a little and keep going. A front locker helps when "hanging the tires" to maintain traction and forward momentum.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a few reasons why I think ford has every right to feel confident.
But I'll stick to the ones that deal directly with competing against the Wrangler.
1. Why would they even consider announcing they are going after the Wrangler specifically if they weren't going to bring something to the table that could actually compete?
2. Ford made it very clear they were serious about regaining their rightful place as the leader of the off road segment. They mean business.
3. I followed this site for quite awhile before I joined. I noticed there were a few people who definitely seemed to have some inside info, but couldn't share much. But their consensus was the unanimous. They all indicated it was going to knock it out of the park. I remember phrases like, "I had high expectations, and when I finally, well let's just say they were exceeded" and "wash it out with a hose, check" and many, many more( that's why I love this site).
IMHO, all of this has lead me to believe that Ford has more than a couple slick tricks up their sleeve. I think @Nickp is right, that they have significantly closed the gap between IFS and SFA. I really think it's going to blow our minds with it's capability, form and function. If their smart, they would have made a list of all the things about the Wrangler that make it special, and improved upon it in every way possible (someone on this forum mentioned something similar to this). And im sure they have. Also, I still have this gut feeling that a SFA isn't out of the question. ?

Full disclosure, I'm a big fan of Ford, and always have been so my opinion may be biased. I love the Jeep and the brand and what it represents, bit don't care for FCA and I'm truly sad to hear they tarnished the name with bad QC

Last edited:

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are a few reasons why I think ford has every right to feel confident.
But I'll stick to the ones that deal directly with competing against the Wrangler.
1. Why would the even consider announcing they are going after the Wrangler specifically if they weren't going to bring something to the table that could actually compete?
2. Ford made it very clear they were serious about regain their rightful place as the leader of the off road segment. They mean business.
3. I followed this site for quote awhile before I joined. I noticed there were a few people who definitely seemed to have some inside info, but couldn't share much. But their consensus was the unanimous. They all indicated it was going to knock it out of the park. I remember phrases like, "I had high expectations, and when I finally, well let's just say they were exceeded" and "wash it out with a hose, check" and many, many more( that's why I love this site).
IMHO, all of this has lead me to believe that Ford has more than a couple slick tricks up their sleeve. I think think @Nickp is right, that they have significantly closed the gap between IFS and SFA. I really think it's going to blow our minds with it's capability, form and function. If they smart, they would have made a list of all the things about the Wrangler that make it special, and improved upon it in every way possible (someone on this forum mentioned something similar to this). And im sure they have. Also, I still have this gut feeling that a SFA isn't out of the question. ?

Full disclosure, I'm a big fan of Ford, and always have been so my opinion may be biased. I love the Jeep and the brand and what it represents, bit don't care for FCA and I'm truly sad to hear they tarnished the name with bad QC

VERY well said !!!! (y) (y)

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
My expectations have grown as time goes on. I remember years ago when they first announced the bronco coming I was thinking "please don't be a crossover". I was honestly expecting something like the new blazer at first, maybe what the sport is turning out to be at most.

The more I learned, the more boxes the bronco seemed to check off my list. Body on frame, check. Big tires, check. Two and four door options, check. Lockers, classic look, all that. They are even offering a manual, something I really really want but thought was a lost cause.

I was honestly expecting a Subaru Forester at first, I'm glad to see they are seriously taking the Wrangler head on.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
we say that, but a 2020 F-150 can out tow a 1995 F-250.
On paper, but not in the tail wagging the dog scenarios. The downside to reducing
truck weight, is you get farther away from the trailer weight. And even with all the
improvements, you can't change physics when the whole thing gets out of shape.
Shouldn't be a common occurrence if you have any brains and have set it up right,
but it does happen

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Simple fix. Ford just needs to show a Bronco completing the Rubicon trail with greater ease than a Wrangler.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live on a sandbar. No rocks to crawl over here but the Bronco will see beach duty. I don’t care about SFA but I do care about power and on road demeanor. The 2.7 EB motor in the Bronco will walk all over Wrangler in every way. Power is not even comparable. If you tune it, the gap will be even wider.

I did the drive from Miami to Key West recently in a JL and the only thing I liked was the top and ease of taking it on and off. Otherwise it was slow and not very comfortable. If Ford improves on that, they have a winner in my mind.
Sponsored