mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did the dealer crash it?
they said a customer hit it but im doubtful. they bought it back from me and tried to trade me into another one but i ordered mine and they didnt have anything that i liked. they were going hook me up on a raptor but garage too small
Sponsored

Mr. Flow

Black Diamond
First Name
Sky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra 5.7 L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe this needs its own thread:

Dealerships should work with Ford on a "Kill Wrangler" scheme.

Work on a way to provide incentives for people to trade in Jeeps for Broncos.

It would be a great publicity stunt!

They sell most trades wholesale anyhow - they could pitch as just "getting them out of the way!"

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They sell most trades wholesale anyhow - they could pitch as just "getting them out of the way!"
Maybe they could climb the cinder block mountain while hauling a JL and pulling Cherokee. :rolleyes:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

But what will they do with all the Jeeps? It will be like the Hertz Bankruptcy, to many vehicles to find buyers.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers suck! What a bunch of BS wish manufacturers would slap them down when they put that kinda crap. Only leaves a bad taste for the manufacturer....
I agree Shane. It was my fault I didn't think to ask about Bronco until I got home. I'm gettin' old don't ya know. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh Lord no, not for a couple years anyway. I need to wait a bit before I can think about trading in my Jeep. It's too new, and I'll lose a crap load of money. Give me a little time, and I'm all in. :)

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree Shane. It was my fault I didn't think to ask about Bronco until I got home. I'm gettin' old don't ya know. :)
I know on all my Jeep's bought and on the last one I managed to negotiate around 6% off invoice which I thought was a good deal. Personally I would never buy one at MSRP or above screw that, I can wait and then do a factory order and get exactly what I want.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they said a customer hit it but im doubtful. they bought it back from me and tried to trade me into another one but i ordered mine and they didnt have anything that i liked. they were going hook me up on a raptor but garage too small
Back in 2000 i knew a guy that his dealership said they accidentally threw a rod on his WS6 during a tune up. Rod went through the hood and mysteriously there was alot of chipped paint in the quater panels.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Bronco was brought back due to success of Wrangler, and you want to get rid of it? No competition, means no innovation (which can be a good thing, sometimes)

Sponsored

Rorgan

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I am in total agreement with you. I was referring to the fact that ford is trying to push this offroad image of the vehicle and it can "eat jeeps lunch"

Many jeep fans will laugh at this simply because a factory jeep with solid axles is immediately more capable than any IFS factory car.

Will the bronco eat jeeps lunch in sales? if its prices well it will destroy it completely and jeep will be in a position to have to likely redesign the wrangler or make a IFS open air vehicle (what they should have done with the renegade but didnt). However ford has to be careful about boasting its offroad chops when there will be 10 million youtube videos of them getting their teeth kicked in on offroad trails and rock crawls by the wrangler.

Like i said. Only way ford can confidently say it can beat the jeep is if day one there are solid front axle kits and they mention them by name during the reveal.

from a sales perspective there is no reason to put front axles in the car. Its a worse ride and worse handling. Only benefit is 1% offroaders who like risking tipping their 30,000+ dollar toy over during the weekend.
Plenty of IFS vehicles do just fine off road IE the Raptor and the Chevrolet ZR2 bison. Jeeps might be great for rock crawling especially the 2-door Wranglers but they can't hang desert running for overlanding.

jcobb40

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bunch of Fords
It won’t be hard to out do the Jeep in quality, ride, or features. I own a 2018 JK, my wife always wanted one and surprised her with it. It is absolutely the worst vehicle I have ever owned, every other vehicle I currently own is a Ford, they all have way more miles than the Jeep and have zero issues since new. The Jeep has had the following fail in 40k miles: Radio Touchscreen, Door Lock Actuator, Freedom Top Seals replaced twice, rear axle leaks, Bluetooth doesn’t work half the time, there is more I’m missing. Moral of the story is the Jeep is just a good looking pile of shit to put it bluntly. It drives and rides worse than my 2014 F450 flatbed and the fuel mileage is about 12 mpg. As soon as the Bronco comes available the Jeep is gone, it’s a sweet looking ride but that’s about all it’s got going for it.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It won’t be hard to out do the Jeep in quality, ride, or features. I own a 2018 JK, my wife always wanted one and surprised her with it. It is absolutely the worst vehicle I have ever owned, every other vehicle I currently own is a Ford, they all have way more miles than the Jeep and have zero issues since new. The Jeep has had the following fail in 40k miles: Radio Touchscreen, Door Lock Actuator, Freedom Top Seals replaced twice, rear axle leaks, Bluetooth doesn’t work half the time, there is more I’m missing. Moral of the story is the Jeep is just a good looking pile of shit to put it bluntly. It drives and rides worse than my 2014 F450 flatbed and the fuel mileage is about 12 mpg. As soon as the Bronco comes available the Jeep is gone, it’s a sweet looking ride but that’s about all it’s got going for it.
Horror stories like this make me even happier the Bronco is back. We finally have some choice in this segment!
Sponsored