First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And I've noticed horrid depreciation on Land Rovers, they've run twice the cost of my Explorers new, but after a few years are comparable in the used market.
You're in good company. Ford lost fully half their LR investment when they sold out.

MUMBAI -- With the coronavirus pandemic crippling demand for automobiles worldwide, Tata Motors is worth nothing without its luxury unit Jaguar Land Rover, according to investment group CLSA. https://europe.autonews.com/automak...er-tata-motors-has-no-value-analyst-firm-says
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd agree with you on the CJ8, but the stock engines were less than powerful or reliable. By the time I figured out I wanted one they'd become a bit collectable and too expensive. On the best Jeep ever, my LJ Rubicon makes a run at it but, without a lift is quite a belly dragger, and the 4 Liter, while bullet proof is a bit underpowered. (]It goes faster up hills while being towed by my motorhome than under it's own power). And I've noticed horrid depreciation on Land Rovers, they've run twice the cost of my Explorers new, but after a few years are comparable in the used market.
For its time the amc 258 is quite powerful. Also the engine(not the bbd carb) is probably more reliable than the 4.0 albeit with less power. Switching to a ford or webber carb on a lightweight cj will make all the power you will ever need. On another note the 258 in my 1980 Eagle wagon(3600lbs) went almost 90 in South Dakota, and on the original piston rings that had serious blow by so it was definitely down on power. 2 years later after crossing the rockies in a zig zag and driving to the coast to be shipped here to maui, it still starts on a dime with one pump of the pedal. I put a webber on it after i got it here. I cant say anything for the amc 4 cyl except the fact that they lived till the 2000s.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd sure like to see something to lure my $$ away from Jeep, but I agree with you at launch I doubt any serious discounting will occur until the hype dies down. Ford needs this launch to be flawless, they are in not exactly the healthiest auto company at the moment. Dealers will be dealers who knows sure many will throw some stupid mark up beyond MSRP and I'm sure some folks will pay the price to be the "first" in the neighborhood to have one.
I was just at my Ford dealer getting the oil changed in the wife's Mustang, While talking to a salesperson about the new GT500 she say they were throwing a 10K premium on their first one, and many dealers were going with a 20K premium. So, I'm guessing with the Bronco one will pay at the least sticker price on the first ones if they're lucky, but I wouldn't be surprised that a premium will be on all of the first ones out.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
my dealer sold one of their gt500s with a 50k markup. first ones will definitely be marked up

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my dealer sold one of their gt500s with a 50k markup. first ones will definitely be marked up
Markup over Ford's invoice to the dealer???

Is This why Ford is a $5 stock? They don't know how to price to their dealer network?

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Markup over Ford's invoice to the dealer???

Is This why Ford is a $5 stock? They don't know how to price to their dealer network?
markup over MSRP. 97k sticker, sold for 147k

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No they won't unless you’re dumb or a sucker.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No they won't unless you’re dumb or a sucker.
i refuse to pay ADM and dont mind travelling to avoid it, bought my gt350 over 1000 miles away and shipped it. that doesnt mean the dealers wont try and a lot of people with more means than brain cells wont pony up for it. it has happened time and time again to prove that they will and since i am waiting for the raptor bronco it is all but guaranteed that the dealers will try for ADM. i have a good relationship with my dealer and have been told by the owner they will take care of me but i will believe it when i am driving my special ordered raptor bronco home with a monster smile on my face. i would love to be wrong but i highly doubt i will be

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just at my Ford dealer getting the oil changed in the wife's Mustang, While talking to a salesperson about the new GT500 she say they were throwing a 10K premium on their first one, and many dealers were going with a 20K premium. So, I'm guessing with the Bronco one will pay at the least sticker price on the first ones if they're lucky, but I wouldn't be surprised that a premium will be on all of the first ones out.
Dealers suck! What a bunch of BS wish manufacturers would slap them down when they put that kinda crap. Only leaves a bad taste for the manufacturer....

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i refuse to pay ADM and dont mind travelling to avoid it, bought my gt350 over 1000 miles away and shipped it. that doesnt mean the dealers wont try and a lot of people with more means than brain cells wont pony up for it. it has happened time and time again to prove that they will and since i am waiting for the raptor bronco it is all but guaranteed that the dealers will try for ADM. i have a good relationship with my dealer and have been told by the owner they will take care of me but i will believe it when i am driving my special ordered raptor bronco home with a monster smile on my face. i would love to be wrong but i highly doubt i will be
I hear you, all bought all my 350s out of state(at the time) due to ADM but the bronco won't even be close in comparison. They are going to build all they can sell, now the raptor version may demand some initial dealer markup at some crap hole dealers but just like real raptors they can be had a steep discounts now.

How you loving your 350?

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear you, all bought all my 350s out of state(at the time) due to ADM but the bronco won't even be close in comparison. They are going to build all they can sell, now the raptor version may demand some initial dealer markup at some crap hole dealers but just like real raptors they can be had a steep discounts now.

How you loving your 350?
it is the greatest car i ever owned or ridden in. the motor is awesome and i loved the 3630 in it. i had a 2015 gt with a ton of mods and it just didnt compare. its hard to describe how good a car it is to someone who hasnt driven one and the argument that a modded GT would be faster is silly. unfortunately it is not with me anymore, i took it to the dealer for some work and it was crashed

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

it is the greatest car i ever owned or ridden in. the motor is awesome and i loved the 3630 in it. i had a 2015 gt with a ton of mods and it just didnt compare. its hard to describe how good a car it is to someone who hasnt driven one and the argument that a modded GT would be faster is silly. unfortunately it is not with me anymore, i took it to the dealer for some work and it was crashed
Did the dealer crash it?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealers suck! What a bunch of BS wish manufacturers would slap them down when they put that kinda crap. Only leaves a bad taste for the manufacturer....
They can't with dealer franchise laws.

---

I'm sure there'll be markups on early ones, but they'll go away with time as more models get out there/become available.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man that sucks, hopefully insurance takes care of you. I feel the same way, there amazing cars, well balanced, amazing brakes and the engine is leagues above anything out there. Everytime I take one out of the garage it puts a smile on my face.
Sponsored