Sponsored

Article: Is the 2021 Ford Bronco the Overlander You’ve Been Waiting For?

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha, yeah, not doing a rooftop tent. I've slept in the bed of my F-150 plenty, roll out a mat, open the sleeping bag - done.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ha, yeah, not doing a rooftop tent. I've slept in the bed of my F-150 plenty, roll out a mat, open the sleeping bag - done.
Yea, but for about $3,000 you could sleep ABOVE your F-150. Eh, EH??????

Then take it down every morning to actually drive the vehicle, not to mention needing a flat surface to park on.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw those rooftop tents when we had our B2000 in the early 90s. At first we were "wow, that'd be cool" but it lasted about a month of looking at brochures. It's a solution looking for a problem. I carry a backpacking tent.

I suppose some think being up high protects you from wild animals, like on the African savanna. In the lower 48, the most you have to worry about is keeping the skunks off and mosquitos out. I don't need to be climbing down a rickety ladder to go pee at 2AM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I saw those rooftop tents when we had our B2000 in the early 90s. At first we were "wow, that'd be cool" but it lasted about a month of looking at brochures. It's a solution looking for a problem. I carry a backpacking tent.

I suppose some think being up high protects you from wild animals, like on the African savanna. In the lower 48, the most you have to worry about is keeping the skunks off and mosquitos out. I don't need to be climbing down a rickety ladder to go pee at 2AM.
Speak for yourself, but if I was overlanding, I would just piss from the tent. This is the concept behind "trickle down economics".

Perhaps others who have overlanded can share their urination techniques?
Sponsored