Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Remember the investment analysis in the video is explaining the value of Tesla acquiring Ford, not only for their global manufacturing footprint but for their $23B cash flow vs the much smaller $4B Tesla cash flow. Wall Street analyst are always looking for ways to unlock value in companies and help them grow.

Of course this would also unlock a clash of corporate cultures and sales models.
Yes, I'd like to unlock some cashflow from my Ford stock. Hasn't happened yet in all these years. Elon Musk eyeing Ford as an opportunity is doubtful. He seems keen on building his own infrastructure. Its might be the Billionaire trait in him? I don't know. Bronco vs Cyber truck? Which of my 100 dolla reservations will actually be built first?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

God I hope not. Wife really wants a tesla just to say she drives a telsa (trying to keep up with the Jones).

Tesla is a great concept, horrific implementation. There are a ton of info out there on how piss poor they actual assembly is. Can't even Paint their cars correct.

I would never buy a Telsa Bronco.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

With the B&P price increases does it feel like Ford is trying to setup a poison pill to fend off Tesla?

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assume musk learned his lesson when he bought Tesla from Tesla, then had to redo everything from scratch. That’s a mistake you typically only make once. And Teslas are all full luxury, and Ford is zero luxury, so no overlap in core strategy. That’s a plus and a minus but prolly not gonna catch the eye of a guy who when he first got some cash bought a mclaren f1. On the other hand, Ford is basically free at 36b. I’m not sure musk knows how to make something both cheap and stylish, but if he did, a buyout would be super entertaining.
I have to disagree with your comment that Tesla’s are full luxury. They are not. They are high tech! I’ve driven our friend’s Model Y and it feels spartan inside, as everything is based on the center stack screen that reminds me of an iPad. There was nothing special about the interior decor. Our niece just got a new BMW X5 and they said the same thing when the looked at Tesla’s. independent of our thoughts. Ford is not meant to be a luxury brand, that’s what Lincoln is about.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I assume musk learned his lesson when he bought Tesla from Tesla, then had to redo everything from scratch. That’s a mistake you typically only make once. And Teslas are all full luxury, and Ford is zero luxury, so no overlap in core strategy. That’s a plus and a minus but prolly not gonna catch the eye of a guy who when he first got some cash bought a mclaren f1. On the other hand, Ford is basically free at 36b. I’m not sure musk knows how to make something both cheap and stylish, but if he did, a buyout would be super entertaining.
Here is a great example, partly driven by Musk, of buying a company for chump change, $4.6B. Aerojet is my former employer.

Lockheed Martin buys Aerojet Rocketdyne to better compete with Musk's SpaceX, Bezos' Blue Origin
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/21/loc...ocketdyne-deal-helps-compete-with-spacex.html

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tards

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sl450
Your Bronco Model
Base

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unique possibilities....in an industry RIPE for disruption. Morgan Stanley thoughts:

...not just for the money that can be made selling cars and parts, but also because people riding in automobiles are a captive audience whose time could be monetized. ,,,an estimate that there are over 600 billion hours of time spent in cars per year.

...benefit from a shift in the automotive industry where computers and software are becoming more important to selling cars (AND developing a functioning B&P)

...possibilities include selling related mobility services, or licensing software to traditional automakers....Apple could sell some kind of transportation subscription, not by competing with traditional automotive companies that sell cars.

....build a better car experience using its design and software chops, and could monetize it through its current matrix of subscription and services products
Sponsored